Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
I think I have read somewhere that there is a hardware option from Ford for the vehicle to be its own Wi-Fi hotspot, which would involve a module being installed which would have a mobile data sim installed, and of course you would have to pay a monthly fee to the mobile provider of your choice.

I don't think that many people would find this useful, as most people with a mobile phone have some sort of a data plan on their device anyway - so you may as well use that for data.

Alternatively, if someone really does need a Wi-Fi hotspot in the vehicle - then you can buy many devices which do this, and they could plug into the USB for power too... but they wouldn't interface with Sync3 specifically, but you could tell Sync3 to connect to that Wi-Fi and check for updates... and watch it destroy your data allowance with a 1Gb update (haha! - Assuming Ford release an update that is). ...but, since virtually all mobile phones have a hot-spot function within them anyway, few people would go to the extra hassle and expense of setting up their own hot-spot.
Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I think I have read somewhere that there is a hardware option from Ford for the vehicle to be its own Wi-Fi hotspot, which would involve a module being installed which would have a mobile data sim installed, and of course you would have to pay a monthly fee to the mobile provider of your choice.

I don't think that many people would find this useful, as most people with a mobile phone have some sort of a data plan on their device anyway - so you may as well use that for data.

Alternatively, if someone really does need a Wi-Fi hotspot in the vehicle - then you can buy many devices which do this, and they could plug into the USB for power too... but they wouldn't interface with Sync3 specifically, but you could tell Sync3 to connect to that Wi-Fi and check for updates... and watch it destroy your data allowance with a 1Gb update (haha! - Assuming Ford release an update that is). ...but, since virtually all mobile phones have a hot-spot function within them anyway, few people would go to the extra hassle and expense of setting up their own hot-spot.
Unlimited data plan for a reason. :thumbsup:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thanks.
WP_20180225_11_36_16_Rich.png

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
niice! did you have the wifi popup issue before?
I had it after the first update I did; I don't remember that release number. That went away in 17276. I don't know if it came back or not with 18025 but don't expect it too. I haven't even driven it since I installed it.

I installed 18025 in the garage without even starting the engine. Just turned bluetooth off in my phone since that was easier than in Sync, pressed start without the clutch in and plugged in the USB drive. It only took a few minutes until the message saying remove the USB and the update will be in effect the next time the car starts. I turned the car off and turned it back on without starting and took the picture.

I'll post any glitches after driving the car.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
So now that the Sync 3 swap is 100% complete and on 2.3(17109) I am going to try to go to 3.0 (18025).

Both Non-Nav.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
FWIW Ford's instruction are to have the engine running, but since that didn't make a lot of sense to me, I never started the engine. I guess doing it my way might cause a problem if the car has some time out that kicked in before the update was done. But this update was pretty fast. I didn't time it but am pretty sure it took less than 3 songs to play off the other USB I had plugged in.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I had it after the first update I did; I don't remember that release number. That went away in 17276. I don't know if it came back or not with 18025 but don't expect it too. I haven't even driven it since I installed it.

I installed 18025 in the garage without even starting the engine. Just turned bluetooth off in my phone since that was easier than in Sync, pressed start without the clutch in and plugged in the USB drive. It only took a few minutes until the message saying remove the USB and the update will be in effect the next time the car starts. I turned the car off and turned it back on without starting and took the picture.

I'll post any glitches after driving the car.
ok let us know, in the meantime I have a theory about this wifi popup, I may be totally off or I might be onto something..just a theory:

the wifi popup disappeared after I uploaded the XML file back to ford.owner found within syncmyride folder after my installation, so could there be a connection there that the system thinks theres an update untill its cleared out?

Kostyam69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Anyone able to PM me a link to V3.0 18025? I’ve been searching for a while now and can’t find it.
Anyone know if it works on EU non nav vehicles?
I PMed you a link last week, hope you got it and it worked?

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
Strange thing happened today. My Apple Car Play isn't working. I deleted all my phones and deleted Bluetooth connections then reestablished Bluetooth connection. When I plug in USB cord no Apple Car Play

Sync3 v3.0 build 17194
Phone iOS10.3.3

I wonder if I need to update iOS.....but it was working before.

Sponsored

Kostyam69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
This happens to me atleast once a week, and it’s probably due to me running an iOS beta on my iPhone and having an unofficial Sync 3 update, but usually if it gets to where it just won’t work, I switch ports till the phone gets recognized and occasionally have to go to the extreme of disabling CarPlay from the radio and then restarting the car. Can’t say that I have an official fix for 100% of the time but usually I end up getting CarPlay to work again after all the random resets, you may be pleasantly surprised tomorrow morning when for no reason it works again.... speaking from experience

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Strange thing happened today. My Apple Car Play isn't working. I deleted all my phones and deleted Bluetooth connections then reestablished Bluetooth connection. When I plug in USB cord no Apple Car Play

Sync3 v3.0 build 17194
Phone iOS10.3.3

I wonder if I need to update iOS.....but it was working before.
its the ios update, my friend also did the 11.2.5 update and carplay stopped working, it would crash and black out, he had 2.3, he installed the 3.0 and it fixed the problem

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
Update:

Changed my cord and now it is working. I'm confused. The other cord was working just the other day. It was working to charge the phone but wouldn't CarPlay.

Got a different cord and it immediately prompted for CarPlay.

Went back to old cord....charging but no CarPlay.

Switched back to new cord....CarPlay working again.

WTF?!

Hope it helps someone else. If CarPlay isn't working grab another cord.

Canoman

Lurker (mostly)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP 400A
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my Carplay stop working a few times and a phone reboot has fixed it on more than one occasion. Just another thing to try.

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium - California Special
if you got an iPhone, yes you need to buy a new USB port to get Apple Car Play.
if you got android, no.
Thanks - yes I have an iPhone. Tried to run Spotify through the cable like I always do but that doesn't work now so I've ordered the USB port.
Sponsored