cbass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
God
Vehicle(s)
2015 400a A6
subbing.

Especially for seat vent memory. I'll talk to my guy about the BCM next time I see him. He does some intricate shit with some local dealerships.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
there's a remote open/close here that may apply to mustang, angeldeath you try it yet?

http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=4573&page=7

to get remote up.
Does not Either the bits are wrong, or the hardware is missing (I kind believe the former)

I wonder if remote detection exist in some way or fashion
I believe this is an RF frequency and hardware, if this was the case then we wouldnt have to touch the handle to unlock it.

Very interesting topic.

Can someone find out the code to put up the windows with the keyfob? I know some of Ford's other previous models have this feature.
Not as the moment.

anyone know of a GT350 VIN that we can use to get the AS-BUILT data?
VIN's are everywhere, you could go to any website (Ebay, Car Gurus, Carfax) and pull vins and jump onto fords as built website and download the ab files.

Only of the things you could do, is if a 15-16 model has a feature you want, pull that as built file with its vin and compare it to yours to see the differences. For example: If a 15 or 16 has on screen seat buttons and yours doesnt, pull that vin and check for the difference.

(All mustangs that have touch screen seat heat and AC do not have physical buttons, and mustangs with physical buttons do not have touch screen buttons.

You could also pull ab files of prior years of mustangs and see differences in the codes and the similarities.

Here's a noob question: How badly can you eff up your car with one of these?
Other then battery drain, big time, this is why you would need to absolutely get your ab file for your vin and car, on top of this before you make ANY changes backup your data through the ForScan program so you can restore original values (Or write them down before making changes), if you change too many things you can screw up the computer.

looking forward to see the digital speedometer!
That I would love to see, but the BCM has to have that already to enable it, might not be possible.

You need one that can do MS Can and HS Can, wired is fine, but that says SX so I dont know if it will be able to read the other modules. I has another elm obd module from 5 years ago, it only read half of the modules and when I tried to get into one it would fail with an error "Service Execution Stopped", this was due to the older one not able to read the settings fast enough.

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Per Scantool's site, the SX cannot read MS-CAN which you need that capability to read/write many of ford's modules. Plus if you ever track your car, you can use the BT model to overlay telemetry on your favorite track recorder app. :thumbsup:

cbass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
God
Vehicle(s)
2015 400a A6
So if we compare the AB data from a GT350 to my GT, can we find the data that's different and change it? It'd be cool to find what different and change mine to match the GT350, so that I can have a flat plane crank.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
So if we compare the AB data from a GT350 to my GT, can we find the data that's different and change it? It'd be cool to find what different and change mine to match the GT350, so that I can have a flat plane crank.
that's what I was planning on doing. comparing the GT and GT350 AB data and going from there. (as far as the digital speedo goes)

Sponsored

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
that's what I was planning on doing. comparing the GT and GT350 AB data and going from there. (as far as the digital speedo goes)
You do know if the center screen in the GT isnt capable of this, changing the bit wont do any good, unless you replace the center screen as well. But I'll be watching to see what you find.

I'm still more focused on the Fogs and signal, I want to find this so that I can change the fins to be my sequential turn signals, the way it should have been in the first place.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford Can Bus

I just found this, could help us narrow some things down as there locations, in case we think its in one place when its actually in another.

Attachments

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Would this allow you to reprogram the car after an shaping out the stick to an automatic?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Only of the things you could do, is if a 15-16 model has a feature you want, pull that as built file with its vin and compare it to yours to see the differences. For example: If a 15 or 16 has on screen seat buttons and yours doesnt, pull that vin and check for the difference.
Yep, that's exactly how I figured out how to get the audio buttons on a Boss 302 or Premium steering wheel to work in a base 2011-2014 S197.

When the Boss 302 came out, I noticed it had the same stereo as the base Mustang but if you put a Boss 302 or Premium steering wheel in a base car to replace the horrible rubber one that only had cruise buttons, the audio buttons on the Boss or Premium wheel didn't work.

So I compared the ACM As-Built for a Boss 302 and a base car and the only difference was 2 bytes which I posted on all the Mustang forums back in the day. If you put those Boss 302 ACM bytes in a base ACM, the steering wheel buttons on a Boss 302 or Premium wheel would work in the base car.

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
anyone know of a GT350 VIN that we can use to get the AS-BUILT data?
VIN's are everywhere, you could go to any website (Ebay, Car Gurus, Carfax) and pull vins and jump onto fords as built website and download the ab files.

(All mustangs that have touch screen seat heat and AC do not have physical buttons, and mustangs with physical buttons do not have touch screen buttons.

You could also pull ab files of prior years of mustangs and see differences in the codes and the similarities.
If I'm understanding you correctly, that's not right. All Mustangs that have seat heaters/coolers have physical buttons. If you have the premium stereo you also have touch screen "buttons" and you keep the physical buttons.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
If I'm understanding you correctly, that's not right. All Mustangs that have seat heaters/coolers have physical buttons. If you have the premium stereo you also have touch screen "buttons" and you keep the physical buttons.
I have a 16 GT Premium with Cali Package, with Physical Seat Heat/AC buttons, but no Touch screen buttons. Reading the manual clearly states the touch screen buttons are not there if you have the physical buttons

Source: Sync 3 Supplement

"Driver Heated and Climate Controlled Seats:

This icon does not display if your vehicle has hard button
controls for heated and climate controlled seats.

If your vehicle is not equipped with navigation, this option
displays under the audio information."

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I have a 16 GT Premium with Cali Package, with Physical Seat Heat/AC buttons, but no Touch screen buttons. Reading the manual clearly states the touch screen buttons are not there if you have the physical buttons

Source: Sync 3 Supplement

"Driver Heated and Climate Controlled Seats:

This icon does not display if your vehicle has hard button
controls for heated and climate controlled seats.

If your vehicle is not equipped with navigation, this option
displays under the audio information."
Sounds like that changed with Sync 3. On the older Sync it's on the touch screen as well as having the physical button.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Sounds like that changed with Sync 3. On the older Sync it's on the touch screen as well as having the physical button.
Correct, for 2016 and on the SYNC3, there are no touch screen controls for the heated/cooled seats functionality - you have to use the physical buttons.

While on the As Built subject and subject of the seats - is there a control in the As Built Code to ramp up the seat TED's or motors for better cooling? Poor cooling of the seats has been a discussion for quite some time in the TSB section on here and if the code exists in the As Built, I'm wondering if ramping up the fan speed would be added value?

One other question, looking at some of the modified code, correct me if I am wrong or for guessing, but, are the values to "enable" or "disable" changed based on a + or - of a single "1" value, such as the BOLD numbers below:

Original code:
726-27-01: 0100 0001 0058 (Disabled)

Revised Code:
726-27-01: 0100 0000 0057 (Enabled)

0 = OFF = by flipping the previous 1 to a 0, and reducing the 58 to a 57, it turns off the "disable" and "enables" that function

1 = ON = by flipping the previous 0 to a 1, and increasing the 57 to a 58, it turns off the "enable" and "disables" that function

Am I close - or waaaay off?

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
If you have navigation then you dont get the touch screen seats, remember its three quadrants, Nav, Audio, Phone. If Nav was not on the screen then it would be under Audio.

Correct, for 2016 and on the SYNC3, there are no touch screen controls for the heated/cooled seats functionality - you have to use the physical buttons.

While on the As Built subject and subject of the seats - is there a control in the As Built Code to ramp up the seat TED's or motors for better cooling? Poor cooling of the seats has been a discussion for quite some time in the TSB section on here and if the code exists in the As Built, I'm wondering if ramping up the fan speed would be added value?

One other question, looking at some of the modified code, correct me if I am wrong or for guessing, but, are the values to "enable" or "disable" changed based on a + or - of a single "1" value, such as the BOLD numbers below:

Original code:
726-27-01: 0100 0001 0058 (Disabled)

Revised Code:
726-27-01: 0100 0000 0057 (Enabled)

0 = OFF = by flipping the previous 1 to a 0, and reducing the 58 to a 57, it turns off the "disable" and "enables" that function

1 = ON = by flipping the previous 0 to a 1, and increasing the 57 to a 58, it turns off the "enable" and "disables" that function

Am I close - or waaaay off?
The last 2 bytes (58 or 57 is actually a checksum, the last two numbers change based on the setting change.

Example: 760-01-04 3733 D6

Add every 2 digit hex (except last two): 07+60+01+04+37+33=D6

Remember this is Hex coding.
Sponsored