Sponsored

Automatic COTUS Checker

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I've posted this in a couple different threads, but relative to all. Slap me around mods if I've been bad. Here's what I was told from what I believe to be a pretty good source.

2018 order banks close today (3/22). Final scheduling will be complete in two weeks (4/5). GT w/ PP1 and manual transmission are balanced out and no more will be scheduled at this point. GT w/ PP2 is still possible. We will know for sure by 4/5 if any outstanding orders are going to get scheduled/built or not.
Sponsored

subtimus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 silver PP2
On tenterhooks here awaiting word on whether my PP2 makes it in under the wire. I feel pretty silly, having known about the PP2 option all along but just waiting and waiting for it to appear on the official site configurator (which didn't happen until February 25, and then it was another 2 weeks before I was in town to put in an order with my dealer). All the news items about it were saying "available spring '18." Didn't realize my dealer could have put in for it months ago. (Insert durr-dee-durr emoji here.) I just wish I could find out sooner rather than later so if need be I could fall back on picking up a PP1 with magneride and 401A off a local lot before it disappears.

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like my PP2 is awaiting shipment! EDD is still 4/15!

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
On tenterhooks here awaiting word on whether my PP2 makes it in under the wire. I feel pretty silly, having known about the PP2 option all along but just waiting and waiting for it to appear on the official site configurator (which didn't happen until February 25, and then it was another 2 weeks before I was in town to put in an order with my dealer). All the news items about it were saying "available spring '18." Didn't realize my dealer could have put in for it months ago. (Insert durr-dee-durr emoji here.) I just wish I could find out sooner rather than later so if need be I could fall back on picking up a PP1 with magneride and 401A off a local lot before it disappears.
Kind of the same boat I'm in. I've found a few Lightning Blue PP1's optioned the way I'd want a PP1, but waiting a couple more weeks to see if I get lucky enough to get my PP2 scheduled. If that doesn't happen, I'll try and get an early order in for a '19 PP2. Just not sure which color since LB is done after '18.

Still no '19 order guides out with pricing, etc. from what I know. I think '19 order banks should open 4/2. Just not sure what prices are going to do and I'm sure no rebates this early.

subtimus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 silver PP2
Kind of the same boat I'm in. I've found a few Lightning Blue PP1's optioned the way I'd want a PP1, but waiting a couple more weeks to see if I get lucky enough to get my PP2 scheduled. If that doesn't happen, I'll try and get an early order in for a '19 PP2. Just not sure which color since LB is done after '18.

Still no '19 order guides out with pricing, etc. from what I know. I think '19 order banks should open 4/2. Just not sure what prices are going to do and I'm sure no rebates this early.
Lightning blue is really great - really puts a smile on the face. I nearly bought a LB off a lot around here before deciding not to settle in terms of the options I want. Here's hoping you don't miss out on that color!

Sponsored

Ashpian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Where are you guys seeing a Blend Date? The window sticker has a blend number but it doesn’t look like a date.

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 RR Convenience
It is - look for 2018 then month then day inside the number

Ashpian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Yeah ok I’m dumb. Mine went into production on the 20th and has a Blend of 3/27.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Dealer called me last night and told me the car is at some truck depot in town and should be delivered the same night or this morning. 30 minutes later I get another call saying the system had just updated, the car is in Boston (wtf?) and should be delivered between the 24th and the 30th. Apparently there was some type of delay due to Wednesday's winter storm. How does a car end up going through Boston when the plant is in Flat Rock and the dealer is just outside D.C.?

Krman68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350, 68 GT500KR
Mine finally made it to the dealer. CoTus still showing “In transit”

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Does anyone with PP2 301A and chose Recaro cloth seats have your window sticker? Are the Recaro cloth seats listed? Is there a $1,595 upcharge? Build and price is now requiring you to select cloth Recaros with PP2 and 301A as a $1,595 up charge. I went into a little more detail in another thread.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
My window sticker shows cloth recaro seats at no charge. My window sticker doesn't evenshow the $95 price increase. I hope mydealer doesnt try to add either increase.
I know my order sheet specifically lists the cloth Recaros with no price increase for them. There has been a lot of chatter about no cost for cloth, but $1,595 when ordering leather. That always seemed odd to me. I know the 2018 order bank is now closed, so they may be prepping for the 2019 orders and figured this out. I would not pay extra for the Recaros, but do prefer them over the regular cloth seats. I can almost guarantee they are going to be an up charge for 2019 orders. The problem is now, it is looking like they are required to get the PP2. That has me totally rethinking waiting to order a 2019. Ford is doing everything they can to push me into a SS 1LE.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I'm happy it's at least working out for some guys. It has really been a frustrating experience for some. That white is going to look badass in the PP2 trim. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

milo4753

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2009 f150, 1973 240 Z
Placed my order on 3/3, got the bad news yesterday they would not be able to build my car... have to build a '19. What a disappointment

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
Placed my order on 3/3, got the bad news yesterday they would not be able to build my car... have to build a '19. What a disappointment
In a year from now the residual value on a 19 will be better than the residual on an 18 with the same mileage. Whether or not if lease you’ll still get a depreciation hit...
Sponsored