Comp Cams stage 3 N/A cams valve springs

eric2d3d

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am going to be installing a set of Comp Cams Stage 3 N/A cams soon. I use the car for road racing only. Mods to the engine as it sits SW headers with H-pipe built mufflers dumped before the diff, 47lb injectors, CJ intake, Ford racing CAI milled out to 4.150", dual 67mm VMP throttle body, UPR twin catch can setup, and it is on e85.

I am wanting to know what springs (part number would be great) that I should use the car would be shifted at 8000rpm for 20+ min at a time.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

chris37mil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (PP)
I would shoot an email to Comp Cams and see what they recommend or a performance engine builder like L&M..

JimIII@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Metallic
We use a custom PAC Racing spring set for our NA coyote engines that we run up to 9,000 RPM drag racing! I think they would work pretty well for you ;) $399 for the set of 32 and we have them in stock. If you need anything give us a call! 732-780-0770

OP
OP

eric2d3d

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I called a few placed and ended up going with the TrickFlow part # TFS-16801-32 springs.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I called a few placed and ended up going with the TrickFlow part # TFS-16801-32 springs.
Those are the exact same springs i have now.. good choice!!!

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the same cams on my setup, its very similar to yours but just used stock springs. Also car is for road racing and did an event this past Saturday without a hitch reving to 8200.

Hopefully there wont be any long term issues, i know some upgrade the springs but from my knowledge i think stock on the Gen II Coyote are stiffer and should hold up fine but for extra insurance it can't hurt to change them.

Last edited:
OP
OP

eric2d3d

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just installed the same cams on my setup, its very similar to yours but just used stock springs. Also car is for road racing and did an event this past Saturday without a hitch reving to 8200.

Hopefully there wont be any long term issues, i know some upgrade the springs but from my knowledge i think stock on the Gen II Coyote are stiffer and should hold up fine but for extra insurance it can't hurt to change them.
How do you like the cams? I was just told it would be a good idea to upgrade the springs so. I'm already there so I will just change the springs when the cams are out.

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
How do you like the cams? I was just told it would be a good idea to upgrade the springs so. I'm already there so I will just change the springs when the cams are out.
I like them a lot, just took a little bit of driving around to get used to the upward shift of the power-band. After 5k+ it really screams but you will loose a little low end grunt, overall the car feels faster though plus much smoother and revs easier.

My setup is
Cobra jet Intake
Ford Performance CAI
ARH headers and catback
47lb injectors
VMP twin 67mm
CS3 Cams
Tuned by Jon Lund Jr.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I like them a lot, just took a little bit of driving around to get used to the upward shift of the power-band. After 5k+ it really screams but you will loose a little low end grunt, overall the car feels faster though plus much smoother and revs easier.

My setup is
Cobra jet Intake
Ford Performance CAI
ARH headers and catback
47lb injectors
VMP twin 67mm
CS3 Cams
Tuned by Jon Lund Jr.
You have e-85 in your area?

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
You have e-85 in your area?
Yessir, there are several stations around me with e85 thankfully. It's all i run really.
Sponsored