Sponsored

Oil Pump Gear / Crank Sprocket install

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I've done some calling around for an Oil Pump Gear / Crank Sprocket install and its more pricey than I'd like. Anyone have a line on somewhere that's not going to break the bank?
Sponsored

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ive heard average price is $1,000

OP
OP

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Your right, I've been quoted in that range thus far. Wasn't Sam @ Coastal over on the Tampa side doing these installs for $1000 including the parts?

I've done simple bolt ons myself and managed to renovate my house top to bottom, don't know why I'm so gun shy on doing this one. Whats the allotted time for a stooge in the garage doing this?

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Your right, I've been quoted in that range thus far. Wasn't Sam @ Coastal over on the Tampa side doing these installs for $1000 including the parts?

I've done simple bolt ons myself and managed to renovate my house top to bottom, don't know why I'm so gun shy on doing this one. Whats the allotted time for a stooge in the garage doing this?
For me the DOHC shit scared me. I've done SBC's for years. The manual is well written. You can get 72 hour access for $22. Print all the things!! https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Purchase/ViewProduct

Having never worked on a Ford/Coyote/DOHC before. It wasn't anywhere near as difficult as I imagined it would be. Pay very close attention to re-timing it. I messed mine up but easily corrected. Just took longer to un-do then re-do. Also, 15+ is different than 11-14. A lot of resources online are 11-14.

As far as time, if you've never done it before, but you've got all the right tools and a good mechanical aptitude, you could do it in 12 hours or less. I think a person who has done one before, with the shop/tools could do one in ~6 hours uninterrupted on a good day.

Having done it, no way would I pay a person $1000+ to do it. But it comes down to time, money, aptitude.

Good luck!

OP
OP

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
thank you and good call, I'll look into the manual online.

Sponsored

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt

That price is ridiculous, jump on it!!!!

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
1200 seems to be the going rate. I have the parts waiting for install. Speak with Justin in Ruskin

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Depends on things as well. Mine is a DD, and I work 80hr weeks, and I have 2 toddlers, and am 1 month from finishing a master's degree. Time value of money must be calculated as well, my time is well worth over 100$ / hr...

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Depends on things as well. Mine is a DD, and I work 80hr weeks, and I have 2 toddlers, and am 1 month from finishing a master's degree. Time value of money must be calculated as well, my time is well worth over 100$ / hr...
Absolutely. Congrats on the Masters!

Sponsored

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Thanks brother, glad it's over soon lol

OP
OP

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I was mistaken but Colin was offering it for $1200 with the parts included some time ago. I'll follow up tomorrow, but it's a drive.
RIntegration
I'm with you Cobo, mines a daily and with the kids soccer every weekend I don't have much time.

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
That's what it's about brother, balance
Sponsored