Sponsored

E-Tune - Which one?

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
So after not wanting to mod my mustang for awhile, I got sick of waiting for Ford to bring out the Ford Performance Tune to Australia; I went and bought a Cobb AP with the thought of running a Stage 1 map with just a drop in filter.

Long story short, I also bought an upgraded FMIC (MAP Street) and NGK sparks to ensure I dont do anything silly to the engine.

Now when all parts are installed I want to get an e-tune. I honestly would be happy emulating the FP tune, something that gives it a little extra without taking the vehicle to the limits and ensuring I can get good reliable use out of the car.

I have a short list of e-tuners but really, its not something tangible to compare so I only see tid bits of info on here.

Tune+
Purple Drank
Stratified
Unleashed Tuning

EDIT: If you run any of the above, can you say how many miles/kms you have done and if you monitor IGN Corr/Knocks how frequent they are?

In the end, I just want a tuner who really knows their stuff and can extract some extra reliable performance rather than just loading a gun ho map.

So any suggestions on the above? I notice Unleashed has copped a bit of flack with an owner blowing their engine. Could be unrelated so its still on my list.

Can anyone with any of the above etunes give feed back as to their IGN Corr issues, knock sense issues? I ran the Stage 0 tune for a few days and didnt see any knock or negative corrections, OAR firmly at -1 so at stock the motor is happy with my 98 ron fuel and performing fine. I will load up the 93 Stage one and see how that compares with these events. But in lieu of it being a known problem that the engines are easily pushed beyond their safe limits I want to make sure as much as possible that I am in good hands.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mpwillis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Vert, '92 911 Cabrio
Plus for Tune+

OP
OP
FraG

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So after not wanting to mod my mustang for awhile, I got sick of waiting for Ford to bring out the Ford Performance Tune to Australia; I went and bought a Cobb AP with the thought of running a Stage 1 map with just a drop in filter.

Long story short, I also bought an upgraded FMIC (MAP Street) and NGK sparks to ensure I dont do anything silly to the engine.

Now when all parts are installed I want to get an e-tune. I honestly would be happy emulating the FP tune, something that gives it a little extra without taking the vehicle to the limits and ensuring I can get good reliable use out of the car.

I have a short list of e-tuners but really, its not something tangible to compare so I only see tid bits of info on here.

Tune+
Purple Drank
Stratified
Unleashed Tuning

EDIT: If you run any of the above, can you say how many miles/kms you have done and if you monitor IGN Corr/Knocks how frequent they are?

In the end, I just want a tuner who really knows their stuff and can extract some extra reliable performance rather than just loading a gun ho map.

So any suggestions on the above? I notice Unleashed has copped a bit of flack with an owner blowing their engine. Could be unrelated so its still on my list.

Can anyone with any of the above etunes give feed back as to their IGN Corr issues, knock sense issues? I ran the Stage 0 tune for a few days and didnt see any knock or negative corrections, OAR firmly at -1 so at stock the motor is happy with my 98 ron fuel and performing fine. I will load up the 93 Stage one and see how that compares with these events. But in lieu of it being a known problem that the engines are easily pushed beyond their safe limits I want to make sure as much as possible that I am in good hands.
Reach out to Kevin Jewer at Six Sigma Tuning. His username on here is Kjewer1. I was able to run mid 12s with very minimal mods on his tune.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87606

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I have Tune+ and been so since before it was tune+ (Back when Adam worked at MAP)
Tuned the car less than 24 hours after taking delivery, Currently have over 45,000 km ~28k miles and it's been flawless.

You will probably find good and bad things said about every tuner you listed, it is going to be a judgement call on your part. The way I ended up with tune + was the fact that I really like Cobb, MAPerformance had a full Bolt-on kit out for the Mustang that included the AP and a tune. I was really happy with the results and tune and by the time I was ready to upgrade some more, Adam had started his own company (Tune +) so It really just made sense to stick with him and I have been happy with the results.

I will not say a negative thing about any of the others as I do not have personal experience. The tuning device you choose will play a large part in who you end up with and help you narrow down your choices.

Sponsored

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
I flashed the final tune+ revision and also ran some times. You can check out the videos below...

[ame]

[ame]

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Good video. I am also Tune+ tuned and I made 0-100kph (same as 0-60mph) in 5.4” in Sport+ without holding the brake at 1500 rpm before launch. Just did it once, it was a casual launch, a decision of the moment, as I was at the traffic light and there was open road ahead. I am sure that if I do a proper launch (by holding the brake at 1500-2000 rpm) I would hit around 5”.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Good video. I am also Tune+ tuned and I made 0-100kph (same as 0-60mph) in 5.4” in Sport+ without holding the brake at 1500 rpm before launch. Just did it once, it was a casual launch, a decision of the moment, as I was at the traffic light and there was open road ahead. I am sure that if I do a proper launch (by holding the brake at 1500-2000 rpm) I would hit around 5”.
For sure... I took off a tiny bit late, so definitely 4.9-5 seconds is highly possible. Need to work on my take off. Thanks for the feedback.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
For sure... I took off a tiny bit late, so definitely 4.9-5 seconds is highly possible. Need to work on my take off. Thanks for the feedback.
I have an M6 and I can't launch my car for shit now.:lol:It's either bog or light them up for me.!

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
Roush tune will keep your warranty. It's not the best but for safe canned tune it's ok. Unless you have an IC to go with it it won't do s**t

Sponsored
OP
OP
FraG

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
A bit of a zombie thread, I did go with Tune+. Been pretty good results though i have had some very high -ve corrections which I am trying to replicate (unfortunately) to get it adjusted. The -ve corrections were from 1/2/3 pull.

But yeah other than some adjustment needed due to low gear pulls, I am very happy - currently running 91 octane map until I get the corrections tuned out. I was going to Tune+ or stratified in the end, and only went for Tune+ because he seemed to do a heck of a lot of Ecoboost engines of late :)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=28329]FraG[/MENTION] talk to Adam about your negative corrections. I have a tune with multiple slots and I remember that when I was datalogging for the 91 oct (95 RON) slot I also had this kind of negative corrections. Also the OAR could not stabilize on -1, it was fluctuating from -1 to around -0.9. Adam told me that this is normal and that it has to do with the fuel. I can pm you the email that he sent me if you want.

When I went back to 95+ oct (100 RON) fuel and switched to the 95+ map slot I had no negative corrections at all (maybe a few every now and then, but very minor). So back to happinesses ;)

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Live tuning is best tuning.
Correct, but also the most expensive and requires you and your car to be there. Live tunning can take you to the ragged edge and squeeze every last hp out of the motor but a good tune written from good datalogging will get you 98% and usually with a nice safety buffer. When you live really far from your tuner of choice, remote tunning is a miracle.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
^ That. Plus I wouldn’t trust the average local tuner to come even close to my car.
Sponsored