Sponsored

2018 Mustang Customization Guide

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Hmm, I'm kinda confused, I though 67G and 68C can't be selected together, at least on the build website it won't let me.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Prices with this would have been helpful. It does cross reference very well. The guide would be helpful to first time potential Mustang buyers.:headbang:

Last edited:

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
No stripes in the build and price or this guide. Wonder why that is?
They want to push the wheel & stripe combination packages. Ford also may not have gotten enough good feed back on the stripes, when the prototypes were shown to the public. :headbang:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
If PP2 is better wheels and tires they are completely stupid for making that manual-trans only. That is probably wrong information.
I'm betting PP2 will be wheels, tires, tuned suspension and maybe athletics to compete with the 1LE packages, which only come in manuals as well. It makes sense to make track packages only available in a manual transmission.

Sponsored

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
weird according to this you CAN get the PP and the carbon pkg...you cant build it that way online...
eswfdw.PNG

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
weird according to this you CAN get the PP and the carbon pkg...you cant build it that way online...
It also appears you can add MagneRide as a stand alone option without PP according to this. And says spoiler delete (convertible only), doesn't the build and price allow it on any?

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
You can do the GT PP + Carbon sport interior together... if you stay with a 400A. It's the higher 201A/401A that doesn't allow the Carbon sport interior option at all.
PP_Carbon.png

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
You can do the GT PP + Carbon sport interior together... if you stay with a 400A. It's the higher 201A/401A that doesn't allow the Carbon sport interior option at all.
I stand corrected! Thank you

It still looks as if you can add 401a and carbon together. carbon pkg doesn't say not avail with 401a and 401a states nothing about not applicable with the carbon pkg.

Also, Sad they dont list the PP2 like they do the Pony package... Kinda feels like they are trying to shaft the 1st round of orders with PP1 when they may really want the PP2 once it hits. Only mention they make of it is in the wheel section.
erferffw.PNG

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
According to the 2018 customization guide the free standing option of MagneRide Damping System (96B) can be added alone? but when on the online build and price website from Ford when i click this option it makes you pick the GT Performance Package. So far my build w/o MagneRide is $45575. With the PP just to get MagneRides pushes it to over $50K. I don't need or want the PP package and don't like the PP wheels that come with it.

Last edited:

Lucky13Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Purple
Is there any actual Blue to the midnight blue interior beside the grabber blue piping???

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
The silver double 5-spoke 64L/647 is the replacement for the optional silver PP wheel. Late availability so it's not yet shown in the builder. It will be available in 9x19 and optional 9.5x19 for the GT rear.
I stand corrected! Thank you

It still looks as if you can add 401a and carbon together. carbon pkg doesn't say not avail with 401a and 401a states nothing about not applicable with the carbon pkg.

Also, Sad they dont list the PP2 like they do the Pony package... Kinda feels like they are trying to shaft the 1st round of orders with PP1 when they may really want the PP2 once it hits. Only mention they make of it is in the wheel section.
That might look way better in person than the 20 spoke. Reminds me more of an aftermarket forged wheel.
That dark tarnish stainless black wheel looks a little worse than the silver #67 imo.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm still annoyed that I don't seem to have the option to get an upgraded stereo as a stand-alone option (or at all) for the non-Premium models. Although I don't think that's a new issue on the Mustang.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I'm still annoyed that I don't seem to have the option to get an upgraded stereo as a stand-alone option (or at all) for the non-Premium models. Although I don't think that's a new issue on the Mustang.
Doesn't 301A get you 9 speakers?
Sponsored