OP

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So my this is my last update until I make another big thread on a true comparison with track times and Dyno numbers. I've finished the install and the car was t running right with the initial tune which is to be expected but I got my first data logs in to Lund so now starts the process of dialing her in
Sponsored

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Ive mentioned this before, and after a conversation with lund, we are convinced that the gt350 tb electronics being vastly different from the stock tb are to blame for the surging

Lund is still working out the kinks but states that somewhere in the inumerable parameters for the tb lies the cure for this but its going to take someone dedicating themselves, their car and a dyno to sort through and pinpoint the culprit (s)

With that said the stock tb still flows plenty of air for the 5L of awesomeness that the coyote is, once the bugs have been eradicated then the benefit of the gt350 tb may finally shine over the resultant surge that we currently get by using it
Higgs Boson fixed the surging issue and even shared on a tuning forum how to fix it. YMMV

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
My car has been with my tuner for a while getting hooked up. I'm running the gt350 tb without the stumble issue . I will get the car back this week I believe so I'll know more then. I was told they fixed the hesitation and now was looking into the tq tables to fix another stumble. So far went from 438/404 to 456/392 on 93.
Who is your tuner? Running long tubes?

OP
OP

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
bumping this for people who are installing their intake manifolds. ive been seeing a lot of posts.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
So.. I got board last night.. See, my wife and kids are in Florida for the week and have been gone since Thursday. So basically, I am just getting a lot of man things done and talking to myself in the third person. Anyhow, I removed my stock IM just for shits and giggles. Compared to some things I've done, it was pretty straight forward and went smooth. I of course reinstalled it last night as well. The clips weren't too bad. There was something like them on my Evo X, so I was pretty well versed in their workings. Thanks for the write up, as I followed it during the process. Now in a few months I will be all set when I order the GT350 im, or any other potential one that is on the market.

Note, during this process, I found that one of my vac lines was just barely on the nipple and had no clamp on it.. Manufacturing issue. I solved that, so it wasn't all for nothing.

Sponsored

Dave@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Yeah.. Paying 80 bucks for a piece of paper seems odd to me..
The 80 bucks includes a 20 page installation guide for installing the manifold, not just cleaning up the rear of the manifold. It also includes a coolant hose, additional hardware to make the install clean, and an EVAP harness extension, so you don't need to cut and extend the wiring that is already on the vehicle. We've sold over 30 of these kits, and most of them have just been people ordering them online, and everyone who has commented back has given really great feedback on the clarity of the directions and cleanliness of the install.

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
The 80 bucks includes a 20 page installation guide for installing the manifold, not just cleaning up the rear of the manifold. It also includes a coolant hose, additional hardware to make the install clean, and an EVAP harness extension, so you don't need to cut and extend the wiring that is already on the vehicle. We've sold over 30 of these kits, and most of them have just been people ordering them online, and everyone who has commented back has given really great feedback on the clarity of the directions and cleanliness of the install.
The install guide is top notch and the extension definitely helps. However the Degas hose y'all include is one size too small and fits pretty shitty. I had to source a new one as even the clamp provided didn't fit over the hose after forcing it on the tank. The guide made the install a breeze, pictures were very clear and it was easy to follow. I wouldn't say it's worth $80 maybe 50 but that's just my opinion.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
So.. I got board last night.. See, my wife and kids are in Florida for the week and have been gone since Thursday. So basically, I am just getting a lot of man things done and talking to myself in the third person. Anyhow, I removed my stock IM just for shits and giggles. Compared to some things I've done, it was pretty straight forward and went smooth. I of course reinstalled it last night as well. The clips weren't too bad. There was something like them on my Evo X, so I was pretty well versed in their workings. Thanks for the write up, as I followed it during the process. Now in a few months I will be all set when I order the GT350 im, or any other potential one that is on the market.

Note, during this process, I found that one of my vac lines was just barely on the nipple and had no clamp on it.. Manufacturing issue. I solved that, so it wasn't all for nothing.
There is a complete gt350 intake setup on fb right now for 1000$ it looks brand new.
image.jpg

OP
OP

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well you can see that this article was written well before you guys offered this kit.. So no one knew what was in it. But idk why on earth you would have 20 pages of instructions when I'm sure I could print my list on maybe one and a half. But you evac extension was useful at least. I did like that part.

Dave@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Well you can see that this article was written well before you guys offered this kit.. So no one knew what was in it. But idk why on earth you would have 20 pages of instructions when I'm sure I could print my list on maybe one and a half. But you evac extension was useful at least. I did like that part.
What article are you referring to? Do you have a link for the article?

The installation instructions aren't a list as you had in an earlier post, instead they have detailed photos illustrating the install process, along with written instructions with each photo, very similar to the instructions you get in a Whipple supercharger kit.

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Mikeiscoo2, nice write up. Sorry about the wrong adapter plate. I guess all good things are worth waiting for. ;)

This may help a little with the plumbing on the install. GT350 intake, throttle body, and an existing JLT CAI. Just finished up mine last Friday:

picture.jpg

1. I replaced the GT350 hose and end connector off the tee with a piece of 3/8" silicone vacuum line. The GT350 piece is pre-formed and was putting the clip-on connection at the JLT air intake tube in a bind. Removed the straight fitting from JLT intake tube and loosely placed in a vise to press on hose, then re-inserted into the intake tube. Hose clamped tee fitting end - was a loose coupling.
  2. Connected same as OEM manifold connection.
  3. Purchased a 6mm x 31mm long threaded stud from Ace Hardware along with a 6mm flange nut to use on the driver's side to hold down the purge valve. The GT350 factory hold down will now slide onto the exposed threads. A 6mm x 30mm flanged bolt will do for the passenger's side. The ones from the OEM manifold won't work - they're self-threading. The GT350 manifold has inserts with M6 x 1.0mm threads.
  4. Hose clamped tee fitting end that feeds the charge motion control valve diaphrams at the rear of the manifold - just to be sure.
  5. 1/2" hose from manifold port to 1/2" x 3/8" reducing elbow. 3/8" silicone vacuum line to existing power brake booster hard line.
All vacuum connections at the rear of the manifold were left as shipped.

picture.jpg

If any of you have the Performance Pack, pay no attention to the dash vacuum gauge. It will show a drop of about 4" vacuum at idle. This is probably due to the different manifold/throttle body. The gauge is electronic, and I believe it is being "fooled" by the new setup. Check for leaks and use a separate vacuum gauge right off the manifold tap. This is what I get off the manifold at idle:

picture.jpg

I have had no problems with surging, hesitation, or tip-in. Put 600 miles on it since the install in traffic, on the freeway, and "down in Mexico". I'm running a JLT CAI with a 4" to 4" Vibrant
2718 silicone coupler to the GT350 TB. Tune is from Lund.

Can't stress enough about proper vacuum and checking for leaks. If that's what's actually happening... I don't think that it could ever be entirely tuned out.

Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited by law.

That is all...

[MENTION=14219]Waldorf[/MENTION]

Very nice wrote up. You should defiantly put clamps on the booster lines from the manifold 1/2 and 3/8. You don't want the booster lines to pop off.

Marvelous D S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
Thanks for the write Up!:cheers: I just received my GT350 Mani the other day. Can't wait to install it.. did anyone get the EVAP harness extension? Lund is my Tuner and I'll be pairing this with an Paxton soon. again thank you for the write up:headbang:

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
JDM's instructions are great. It was also nice to have the extension. At the end of the day, it was worth it for a no headache install.
Sponsored