2015 Mustang GT
Hell yeah dude you and I could start our own 80 dollar install kit hahaha

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Do it and sell it for 25$ :)

Are you going to use a lund tune? Did you opt for 47lbs injectors?

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Way to shit the bed JDM.

Nice information in this thread.

OP
OP

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Are you going to use a lund tune? Did you opt for 47lbs injectors?
ive had the 47lb injectors ever since i got an E85 tune. and yes i use lund now. they can tune just fine for the GT350 TB and the stock TB with the GT350 IM. JDM is not the only ones anymore.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Can a Moderator Please rename this Thread to: How to Install a GT350 Intake Manifold

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
Naw... some fool like me would do it for nothin'! :D

That's what a forum is about... sharing ideas and information. Not for pissing contests or my d!ck's bigger than yours. Which inevitably does happen... even on 6G from time to time.

The above statement in no way implies to any of the currently subscribed members of this thread! :thumbsup:

That is all...

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Can a Moderator Please rename this Thread to: How to Install a GT350 Intake Manifold
Can't you edit the first post, go into advanced options and do it yourself?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
It would be a good time to go with 47's, since you have to take off the fuel rail and injectors anyways. Not that it's a hard install after, but you're already there. If you run E85 you'll need them with long tubes and a non stock IM.

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Sub'ed

OP
OP

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What was the extent and solution with the surging issues some had been having?
It probably has something to do with vacuum leaks but it could possibly be something in the tune. I think it's worth while to mention Lund has had no problem tuning either the stock TB or the GT350 tb. They tune both just fine

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
What was the extent and solution with the surging issues some had been having?
Also have to remember, when you become "Dr. Frankenstein" things sometimes go not exactly the way you want. The GT350 manifold and throttle body "fit" the Coyote, but weren't designed for it. Not like buying something tried and true like an Edelbrock carb'ed manifold for a small block Chevy/Ford. They've been tested, tried, and true. When you "Boldly go where no man has gone before", you've gotta expect "a few bugs in the system". [MENTION=15682]sandeale[/MENTION] and @Higs Boson lit the fire under me to get one.

Might be vacuum like I've stated, might be the particular tune, or it might be individual throttle body itself. What exactly it is, I don't think anybody knows for certain right now across the entire spectrum. I know it'll get worked out with time though.

I bought mine knowing I might have to become "Dr. Frankenstein". But for me, that's the fun and interesting part. Someday, it'll be a straight, direct bolt on with "no worries". But for now, "still a few bugs in the system." Lund sent me a disclaimer stating I should go for the stock throttle body with the adapter plate. I told him send it anyway for the full deal 350 swap... if it didn't surge bad, I'd drive around it. If it surged really bad, I'd get the adapter and pay him for a tune mod. Maybe I'm just lucky. No problems here yet. I've got a manual with 3.73's - same as a GT350. Also an aluminum driveshaft and lighter wheels. Haven't paid attention to what actual setups guys that are having problems with. Maybe because of install, maybe because of the tune, but maybe because of their drive line options.

DISCLAIMER: This is just my opinion. AND... opinions are like @ssholes... everybody's got one!

Patience. :thumbsup:
That is all...

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Ive mentioned this before, and after a conversation with lund, we are convinced that the gt350 tb electronics being vastly different from the stock tb are to blame for the surging

Lund is still working out the kinks but states that somewhere in the inumerable parameters for the tb lies the cure for this but its going to take someone dedicating themselves, their car and a dyno to sort through and pinpoint the culprit (s)

With that said the stock tb still flows plenty of air for the 5L of awesomeness that the coyote is, once the bugs have been eradicated then the benefit of the gt350 tb may finally shine over the resultant surge that we currently get by using it

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Ive mentioned this before, and after a conversation with lund, we are convinced that the gt350 tb electronics being vastly different from the stock tb are to blame for the surging

Lund is still working out the kinks but states that somewhere in the inumerable parameters for the tb lies the cure for this but its going to take someone dedicating themselves, their car and a dyno to sort through and pinpoint the culprit (s)

With that said the stock tb still flows plenty of air for the 5L of awesomeness that the coyote is, once the bugs have been eradicated then the benefit of the gt350 tb may finally shine over the resultant surge that we currently get by using it
My car has been with my tuner for a while getting hooked up. I'm running the gt350 tb without the stumble issue . I will get the car back this week I believe so I'll know more then. I was told they fixed the hesitation and now was looking into the tq tables to fix another stumble. So far went from 438/404 to 456/392 on 93.
Sponsored