Sponsored

RASPY with the ARH off-road longtubes...

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
The rasp will grow on you. This is all
Sponsored

Last edited:

GRNGUARD15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Green PP GT
I have the same set up and the same problem. Iv been tempted to sell the corsa and try to find Catback with a deeper/less raspy tone.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Every catless set up I have heard with the Corsa catback has been overly raspy for my taste.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Catted ARH, Corsa Sports is what I'm doing. I hate raspy exhausts. This seems to work well from what I have heard.

Cats tend to help with rasp. The sports muffle the sound a bit more, but it's loud when you floor it, and very civil and great sounding upon normal acceleration.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Corsa with headers is extremely loud. My friend had that setup and sold them for the ARH mufflers. Much better now.

Sponsored

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
I have catless Stainless Power with the SOLO Mach Thunder exhaust 3" all the way back and mine doesn't have ANY rasp or drone for that matter. Deep muscle car sounding all the time.

I'd try to listen or ride in a car with headers and a SOLO setup.

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I have the same setup but with stanless works headers. I originally had catless and it was embarrassing driving around I have since installed high flows and love it now. It is a little raspy at high rpms but nothing like before and much more tolerable.

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
I have the same set up and the same problem. Iv been tempted to sell the corsa and try to find Catback with a deeper/less raspy tone.
If u find a solution in in the next week. PM me man lol

Catted ARH, Corsa Sports is what I'm doing. I hate raspy exhausts. This seems to work well from what I have heard.

Cats tend to help with rasp. The sports muffle the sound a bit more, but it's loud when you floor it, and very civil and great sounding upon normal acceleration.
I wonder if the extremes will sound similar with a catted setup :frusty:

Corsa with headers is extremely loud. My friend had that setup and sold them for the ARH mufflers. Much better now.
Don't wanna get rid of the catback. The Corsa sounded fine before the headers were installed

Every catless set up I have heard with the Corsa catback has been overly raspy for my taste.
I guess I should have done more research before buying

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
I have catless Stainless Power with the SOLO Mach Thunder exhaust 3" all the way back and mine doesn't have ANY rasp or drone for that matter. Deep muscle car sounding all the time.

I'd try to listen or ride in a car with headers and a SOLO setup.
Thx brutha!! Selling the catback isn't too appealing at this point tho

I have the same setup but with stanless works headers. I originally had catless and it was embarrassing driving around I have since installed high flows and love it now. It is a little raspy at high rpms but nothing like before and much more tolerable.
Raspy at 5K rpm plus is fine. Raspy at 3-4 is not. When I'm putting around town I don't need that noise coming out of my tailpipe

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt

Raspy at 5K rpm plus is fine. Raspy at 3-4 is not. When I'm putting around town I don't need that noise coming out of my tailpipe
It's certainly not raspy down low like before. Sorry I don't have any good videos I have one on the dyno but it's just wot. If you added cats you would like it a lot better. Besides it's easier than taking the headers off or selling an expensive catback.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Said it before and I'll say it again with my experiences. Take an out of car video of your setup. I guarantee you won't hear it from behind the car/outside. I had the same symptoms of a nasty "rasp" which almost sounded like a tin can rattling around, starting around 2500ish under part throttle driving around town. Took some out of car vids, don't hear it. Still not sure why. Some resonators welded in may cure that.

GRNGUARD15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Green PP GT
I'm curious what the extreme would sound like if it had an H pipe instead of the X.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
I fully understand. I didn't know how else to reply except by using my own experience with my setup which I figured wouldn't be an option for you.

Hope ya get it sorted though bro! 2 things about a full exhaust I HAVE to avoid is rasp and drone.

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Said it before and I'll say it again with my experiences. Take an out of car video of your setup. I guarantee you won't hear it from behind the car/outside. I had the same symptoms of a nasty "rasp" which almost sounded like a tin can rattling around, starting around 2500ish under part throttle driving around town. Took some out of car vids, don't hear it. Still not sure why. Some resonators welded in may cure that.
I'll give this a shot bro. thx

I'm curious what the extreme would sound like if it had an H pipe instead of the X.
I'd rather sell the Corsa than hack it up

I fully understand. I didn't know how else to reply except by using my own experience with my setup which I figured wouldn't be an option for you.

Hope ya get it sorted though bro! 2 things about a full exhaust I HAVE to avoid is rasp and drone.
Preciate it :cheers:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
arh or cat deletes is on my list with my xtremes...but i've been in same boat for MONTHS... scared of how loud it actually is. I got on my car hard today and it's loud as hell just with the xtremes...been getting down on it lately trying to talk myself out of headers or cat deletes. my deal is i love the xtremes too much i do not wan't to switch to sports because of headers or cat deletes because I like the xtreme's tone more...and afraid i'll regret spending the money on headers or cat deletes with xtremes
Sponsored