Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Okay, thank you.

Is there anybody in the DFW area that has found a dealer that is knowledgeable and understanding about the packs, installation, and warranty?
Dallas Mustang. Ask for Rico/Enrique. $220 installed and they did a great job. They’ll register with Ford performance and with Ford warranty for you. I got my confirmation emails from them within the week.

They are a Ford Peformance Dealer and authorized installer. As good as the dealer in Fords eyes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I finally got PP3 installed this week. WOW. What a difference! It pulls hard all the way to redline and I love how it sounds at 7,500RPM. The car drives just as good as stock with no driveability problems and I don't feel it has lost anything at low revs or the mid-range. It actually feels a little stronger at low RPM if anything.

I'm very happy with the PP3 and GT350 intake manifold. My Mustang now feels more like my old M3 but much stronger. I highly recommend it!

Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
GT Engine Cover

I finally got PP3 installed this week. WOW. What a difference! It pulls hard all the way to redline and I love how it sounds at 7,500RPM. The car drives just as good as stock with no driveability problems and I don't feel it has lost anything at low revs or the mid-range. It actually feels a little stronger at low RPM if anything.

I'm very happy with the PP3 and GT350 intake manifold. My Mustang now feels more like my old M3 but much stronger. I highly recommend it!
Did you keep the GT engine cover?

MustangFan27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black PP
Yes!!

What a thread!!!

I really am tempted to pull the trigger on PP2. However, I have a 7 year/100k ESP.
Will this still be intact if I decide to do it?
The quick answer is: Yes, your warranty will stay in tact provided you have it installed by an ASE certified mechanic. It doesn't have to be a Ford dealership, but my preference is to use the dealership as much as I can.

Now, the longer answer, as long as the dealer cannot legitimately claim that a modification to the car caused other second and third order faults, then everything will remain to be covered. What I didn't realize when I bought my extended warranty was that Ford gave a 5/60k powertrain warranty. I wouldn't have bought the extended had I realized that.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
The quick answer is: Yes, your warranty will stay in tact provided you have it installed by an ASE certified mechanic. It doesn't have to be a Ford dealership, but my preference is to use the dealership as much as I can.

Now, the longer answer, as long as the dealer cannot legitimately claim that a modification to the car caused other second and third order faults, then everything will remain to be covered. What I didn't realize when I bought my extended warranty was that Ford gave a 5/60k powertrain warranty. I wouldn't have bought the extended had I realized that.
Wow, you are right. I just checked the warranty statement at the owners site and powertrain is indeed 5/60k. That is nice to know. Thanks

kidamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 10 sp auto
has anyone actually did a before and after actual 1/4mi run after the install of stage 3?

Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
i have stage 2.
I think if i were to go back i wouldnt have bought it.

I am getting a Lund tune in a month or so here. The throttle body seems useless as there is no gains. It might help with throttle response? either way, if all you plan to do is frrp stage2/3 then sure go for it. But for me i wanted more, and to be tuned for my exhaust, data logging, etc. My dealers dont like anything on my car, FRPP or not

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
How does this tune affect my extended warranty from the dealership? From what I've:crazy: heard apparently I would get a refund for the extended warranty if I get a tune or 3rd party modification however this is installed at the dealer so what would happen to my warranty? I am currently around 28k miles so would that mean after this tune is installed I get an additional 3 year/36,000 mile warranty?

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
How does this tune affect my extended warranty from the dealership? From what I've:crazy: heard apparently I would get a refund for the extended warranty if I get a tune or 3rd party modification however this is installed at the dealer so what would happen to my warranty? I am currently around 28k miles so would that mean after this tune is installed I get an additional 3 year/36,000 mile warranty?
3/36 from the date you originally purchased the car and only if installed by an ASE certified mechanic.

However, I am still confused and even dealers don't seem to have a consistent answer as to - does it mean your power train warranty gets reduced from 5/60 to 3/36, does it mean the power pack itself is warrantied for 3/36 and the power train stays at 5/60 or what does it mean?!!!

The language on the warranty itself seems vague and open to interpretation - which may be intentional.

Some on here say it is up to the dealer themselves. I have a PP2 sitting at home and can't decide whether or not to have it installed. I have a 2015 but only have 18k miles on it. Would love to have a definitive answer from Ford.

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
3/36 from the date you originally purchased the car and only if installed by an ASE certified mechanic.

However, I am still confused and even dealers don't seem to have a consistent answer as to - does it mean your power train warranty gets reduced from 5/60 to 3/36, does it mean the power pack itself is warrantied for 3/36 and the power train stays at 5/60 or what does it mean?!!!

The language on the warranty itself seems vague and open to interpretation - which may be intentional.

Some on here say it is up to the dealer themselves. I have a PP2 sitting at home and can't decide whether or not to have it installed. I have a 2015 but only have 18k miles on it. Would love to have a definitive answer from Ford.
You can contact them directly, and ask questions. That's what I did before my PP2 order/install.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/