Sponsored

Joined the Vargas S2+ club

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
Impressions.
Dyno tuned on e85 at 95 degrees and 45% humidity I made 365whp and close to 400 tq with 135+ Charge air temps. Texas heat got me. Seems low but the same dyno had a customer on e30 running 320(No idea what his bolt-ons are) I had asked for a competitive tune, but also safe.

I can tell a huge difference going from 95 degrees and then 73 degrees the next morning a lot of power was picked up on the VS2. I am also restricted by my stock downpipe as well and a lot of back pressure so I have a Maperformance Catted downpipe ordered already and will do another dyno run at the end of Summer or early Fall.

1. The curve is very smooth, it's excellent for just cruising as well.
2. I have the DV+ BPV and it blows off at higher RPM's which is awesome for cruising. It wasn't behaving like that before.
3. More power in upper RPM, doesn't drag it's feet like the stock turbo once it gets to upper RPM.
4. Boost kicks in just a little bit later in RPM compared to stock and I'm MT and loving this.
5. Pretty big difference then when my car was e30

#Happycustomer
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome,
So did you send your car to Adam for this wizardry.
I'm just assuming from your Texas reference.

OP
OP

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sure did. Got the Tune+ Catch can, e85 kit, and VS2. It's got a hyper personality now.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Looks like if I went Vargas, I could only expect 320 WHP on 93. Thank you for sharing your dyno #'s.

Did you install yourself?

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
In that heat, you can expect about 330whp & 400+ wtq on the stock turbo and E30, but it really depends on the dyno.

Sponsored

OP
OP

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's correct if it was about 70 degrees I'd be right at or near 400hp
Adam also mentioned that he could see backpressure restricting power as well with my downpipe which could be up to maybe 20 extra hp. But the fact is I was 130 CATs on the dyno so that ate up a lot of power.

I'm very impressed with the upgrade. I purchased the downpipe straight from MAPerformance earlier this morning to relieve some of those restrictions as well. Hope to have it here in a few weeks and get it installed.

The poster above me is correct, a guy on the same dyno made about 320hp on e30. So most likely that is around what I was making in this same weather and then bump it up to about 350-360 during milder/colder weather in Texas.

I went for a spin the same day I got it back and it was fast in 95 degree weather, but I turned around to run some errands the next early morning after a little bit of rain and in the 70's it was a lot quicker with those temps.

OP
OP

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like if I went Vargas, I could only expect 320 WHP on 93. Thank you for sharing your dyno #'s.

Did you install yourself?
Depends on the temp and humidity. I made the power when it was 95 degrees and 45% humidity.

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
A big thing to consider guys when going to the larger compressor is to make sure you exhaust is free, get that stock DP and resonator out of there. On my Precision 5862 with the stock exhaust in place with the 3" catless DP I lost about 3PSI of boost due to back pressure and the turbo has to work to make up the difference.

There was a noticeable drop in power too. Even if you retain the stock DP that resonator has to go, even stock you can see the heat map so to speak on the outside of it where the exhaust bottlenecks and heats up the rear of it.

After I sold my turbo I retained the MAP cat back exhaust but I am put it back on the stock DP, so till I get a stage2 then I will get another down pipe. Even with the stock DP on the stock turbo, after I made a transition adapter with 3" vband even that little 2.25" to 3" transition was not that bad because I pulled that silly resonator out of there. Picked up like 12lb-ft of torque.

Just keep your exhaust in mind....

OP
OP

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A big thing to consider guys when going to the larger compressor is to make sure you exhaust is free, get that stock DP and resonator out of there. On my Precision 5862 with the stock exhaust in place with the 3" catless DP I lost about 3PSI of boost due to back pressure and the turbo has to work to make up the difference.

There was a noticeable drop in power too. Even if you retain the stock DP that resonator has to go, even stock you can see the heat map so to speak on the outside of it where the exhaust bottlenecks and heats up the rear of it.

After I sold my turbo I retained the MAP cat back exhaust but I am put it back on the stock DP, so till I get a stage2 then I will get another down pipe. Even with the stock DP on the stock turbo, after I made a transition adapter with 3" vband even that little 2.25" to 3" transition was not that bad because I pulled that silly resonator out of there. Picked up like 12lb-ft of torque.

Just keep your exhaust in mind....
Yep can't wait to get my DP in, I have the MAP cat-back with no resonators, but my DP will be catted but 3''
Sponsored