Sponsored

Anyone ever tint your own windows?

STEVO 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT
I'll beat the dead horse. Pay someone to do it.

I spent 5+ years of my life doing bubble free laminating with all types of films and adhesives onto various substrates and I would never attempt to get inside my car and tint the windows.
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Pay someone to tint it for you.

I do everything on my car myself that I can, so I tried tinting my windows on my last car. It was horrible. I even got the pre-cut tint so i didnt have to cut it. Made it easier, but it was still impossible, especially the back window.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
No.

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
Ill chime in... i have been tinting since 98 and currently work at a ford dealership doing tint for our shop and other dealers in the kc area.

Tinting not only takes skill but patience also. You have to know the proper technique when shrinking the film and applying it. Please do yourself a favor and just let a professional do it.

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
They do have pre-cut kits. That would probably make the process easier. I have removed tint a bunch of times and since it is such a pain to remove, I won't have it put on again, much less install it myself. It is inevitable that it will get crappy looking and need to be removed. The back window is a disaster to remove tint from and it is almost worth it to smash the window and have new glass installed. Getting it off without messing up the defrost grid is a challenge.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I figured since I can vinyl wrap and paint that tinting windows would be easy.. wrong...I will gladly pay a pro.
Sponsored