Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
Quick run down. I snapped an axle. Dropped the diff, pulled off the spindles/hubs and changed a few things. I modified my diff housing to use the BMR through bolts. I also put new wheel bearings in while it was all apart. Before I tightened everything down, I put a jack under each control arm and then torqued everything to spec. None of the bolts on the sub frame where loosened or adjusted. Now the rear of the car was elevated for almost three weeks while I waited on parts.

Went for a quick drive last night, noticed on some bumps the ass end wiggled and or got twitchy and felt like it was trying to go in a different direction. Very hard to describe. It only happened on uneven bumps. So today, I checked my tire pressures and they're all messed up. 22/23 rear and 38/39 front. Brought everything to 32. Less wiggle and twitch now, but it's still there. Jerking the wheel to each side doesn't yield anything. Ran the car up to 110/120 and no odd movements. No rattles or clunks.

Car has 20k on it. Stock PP shocks and struts. Bmr lowering springs. Cradle lockout out kit, diff lockout kit, spherical vertical links and it had a good alignment prior to this.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Replaced with exactly the same axle? Everything fit right?
Sounds like torque steer but from the back (which is primarily caused by unequal length halfshafts on FWD cars). If you only replaced wheel bearings on one side, they could still be tight relative to the other side too.

OP
OP
armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
Replaced with exactly the same axle? Everything fit right?
Sounds like torque steer but from the back (which is primarily caused by unequal length halfshafts on FWD cars). If you only replaced wheel bearings on one side, they could still be tight relative to the other side too.
Gt350 axles and I replaced both bearings. I don't believe in replacing only side when it comes to suspension parts.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Did you replace the bushings?

Did you reuse the bolts/hardware or use new fasteners?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
The toe was indeed way out. All better

Mustang Mikes Queen Creek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
All my car does is squirm back and fourth,it follows every un even line in the road.Is this usually and indication of a rear alignment issue.Tire pressures good,just feels like its on weak sidewall slicks.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
All my car does is squirm back and fourth,it follows every un even line in the road.Is this usually and indication of a rear alignment issue.Tire pressures good,just feels like its on weak sidewall slicks.
It definitely can be. Sounds similar to how my car was acting. Sorry for the delay.
Sponsored