Sponsored

Need help determining which direction to go.

OP
OP
raceredftw

raceredftw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/ Performance Pack
I went ahead and ordered the MGW shifter and the Trufiber ram air hood. Not trying to do weight reductions since this is my daily.

SpaceGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
In terms of $ per HP gained, the Ford performance packs aren't very good bargains. My understanding is that they leave quite a bit on the table compared to getting a custom tune, while costing more than a custom tune.
Yes but you said warranty was a consideration. I just hit 20k trouble free miles and I'm thinking about an aftermarket tune.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
I went ahead and ordered the MGW shifter and the Trufiber ram air hood. Not trying to do weight reductions since this is my daily.

Are you going to wait for 5 years or 60,000 miles before you supercharge your car ?

OP
OP
raceredftw

raceredftw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/ Performance Pack
Are you going to wait for 5 years or 60,000 miles before you supercharge
your car ?
I'm gonna wait 60,000 miles, I drive about 20,000 miles a year right now, so it'll only be three years in all likelihood.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I might also suggest the Ford Racing toe knuckle bearing now since you have the LCA bearing as well. This might help cure your wheel hop on the slow tight turns. I can tell you that I don't notice it anymore.
Sponsored