Sponsored

The Livernois HPFP upgrade ... a second and better high pressure fuel pump upgrade

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I actually found a source for E85 just one town over from me which is ideal, had a heck of a time locating it. This may be my alternative to the meth kit.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
can you all clarify the 380whp limit you all have reached is that due to the stock turbo or the stock injectors? both?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Definitely wait for one of the smart guys to give a good qualified answer but my guess would be it's an octane limit. We all know for more power you need more air and fuel. Since our air comes comes from the turbo, increasing it further with more boost will require more octane to suppress detonation. That means either race gas which will extend it a little more or methanol/ethanol, E30 or preferably E85. I doubt it's fuel capacity related since they've said this HPFP will go beyond the stock injectors.

Now we can wait for the correct answer ;)

Sponsored

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
You won't need this upgrade on pump gas because you'll be limited by octane and not fuel flow. The factory unit is completely adequate for pump gas tuning. As you mentioned, this pump will really shine with E85 and different race fuels. The safe limit with 93 seems to be around 325'ish whp with most tunes.
Eww... just to be clear are you saying even if one gets a built block, bigger turbo,,etc. that it will be impossible to get anywhere near the 400-600 rwhp/rwtq on pump gas?

I'm sure Livernois would sell you a WMI kit, lol
I hope this isn't the only pump gas option....

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Yes, pump gas is limited by octane. If you're looking for 400-600 whp on pump gas, you're gonna have to add more cylinders, lol. For big power, you're gonna have to have a higher octane fuel.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Yes, pump gas is limited by octane. If you're looking for 400-600 whp on pump gas, you're gonna have to add more cylinders, lol. For big power, you're gonna have to have a higher octane fuel.
My car made 435 rwhp on a Mustang dyno (around 450 on a dynojet) on 93 octane. I'm basically at the limit for my setup on pump gas.

If the engine breathed better I wouldn't be running as much boost and could probably push it a bit further.

Good 93 can get you pretty far, E85 of course is a lot better.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
My car made 435 rwhp on a Mustang dyno (around 450 on a dynojet) on 93 octane. I'm basically at the limit for my setup on pump gas.

If the engine breathed better I wouldn't be running as much boost and could probably push it a bit further.

Good 93 can get you pretty far, E85 of course is a lot better.
What are your mods to get those numbers? So many people, I forgot.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
The limiting factor at this power level is going to be the fuel injectors, to deliver any more power, they are definitely going to need to be upgraded to be able to keep up with the demands of the engine. That's what we're testing at the moment. It would be safe to say though that the turbo's not to far behind the injectors for needing to be upgraded to get even more power.

We'll be sure to update you all on our findings :)

Sponsored

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
The limiting factor at this power level is going to be the fuel injectors, to deliver any more power, they are definitely going to need to be upgraded to be able to keep up with the demands of the engine. That's what we're testing at the moment. It would be safe to say though that the turbo's not to far behind the injectors for needing to be upgraded to get even more power.

Makes sense, what injectors are you all now using?

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang

Any more updates on the sale date on these ? Thanks !!!!

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Is this a Z06 LT4 high pressure fuel pump on a different pedestal...? The fuel spigot positions are the same, the electrical connection solenoid on the back is flipped 180 degrees likely due to packaging in the vehicle, and it is on a different mounting pedestal to adapt to the Ecoboost cylinder head.

I mean, that's great if it is true as I'm sure that pump flows quite a bit more but, just let everyone know it's adapted LT4 pumps.

f120705149.png

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
interesting indeed. If this does fit and work. All hell will break lose

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
It'd take some work. The pedestal adapter would have to be machined, fuel lines would have to be made, etc. Plus, these LT4 pumps aren't cheap. Chevy jacked the price to $800+ to mitigate people buying them up and swapping them over to LT1 cars. For the price Livernois is gonna offer it for, I can't imagine that it'd be easier or more economically feasible to try to fab up one yourself.
Sponsored