Sponsored

How do I get wrench and supplement if I got a used GT350?

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
After waiting and waiting and waiting for the right deal and car to come along, I finally found it. I got a used 2017 with 66.2 miles on it (not a typo). Build date of June 2016, the recall has been completed. Dealership documentation says that the filter wrench was already sent out to the previous owner, and it didn't come with the car, nor did the owners supplement package.

Does anyone know if I can actually get the wrench and kit from Ford or was this just a one time shot and the guy who had the car for less than 100 miles keeps them and the guy who will keep the car for the rest of his life is hosed?

Oh and hey, look how excited I am about my "old, used and beat up hooptie"!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lilby

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That's the wrench, although I'd prefer not to pay $400 for it for obvious reasons. Same with the Owners Supplement kit with the little crankshaft statue. Would be nice to have the wrench with my VIN on it.

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
I am the second owner and when I went to get the recall done I was told I ll be getting the wrench one it's available. I didn't ask for it, it was part of the recall. Now the supplement would be nice, will have to inquire about it.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lilby

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I am the second owner and when I went to get the recall done I was told I ll be getting the wrench one it's available. I didn't ask for it, it was part of the recall. Now the supplement would be nice, will have to inquire about it.
Unfortunately the recall has already been done on this one before I bought it. Now I have no idea on who to call (if anyone).

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Unfortunately the recall has already been done on this one before I bought it. Now I have no idea on who to call (if anyone).
Call Ford Performance and tell them your situation. They may be able to arrange to have a filter/wrench set sent to you.
When I got my recall completed, then filled out the survey complaining that the front splitter was not put back on properly and the kit that I did not receive was on the invoice. I got a number of responses from Ford making sure I would be taken care of.

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I would be willing to send you my kit. Ford bought the car back a couple months ago so I won't be needing it. PM me if interested.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
And not only that, the original 66 mile owner gets to go to the track attack

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
The owners kit comes from FP, the filter comes from Ford. Call both and give them your VIN and get the car registered to you. You would think they have only one database but seems no. Also FP might have some kits for other cars that got returned for bad address's maybe at some point they will sell them. I've stashed all my stuff in the original boxes hoping it will prove valuable some day.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lilby

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Sammy, very generous offer and I will PM you to ask you what I might be able to offer you in trade that you might find useful. I would definitely like to make this advantageous for you as well.

On the track attack, yeah I just read that as well. I thought if the car was never registered then I'd be able to do it, but it's specific to the original owner so I'm sure I'm out of luck there.

I will be contacting both to see if there is anything I can do (and I'll do this before I take advantage of Sammy's generosity just in case I can get something done). Thanks to everyone for the input so far. I'll keep everyone posted on the outcome.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Ask the dealership if they would contact the original owner and see if he/she was willing to part with the items. For a fee?

OP
OP
Lilby

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ask the dealership if they would contact the original owner and see if he/she was willing to part with the items. For a fee?
Tried that, the answer was a resounding no. I'm told he's not the type that is very "helpful" in these situations given their history and experience with him. He still has the Shelby car cover also. Whatever, I got his car, I got the better end of the deal...

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
post the chassis number here with some shots maybe someone will recognize it here

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Got it in today's mail USPS parcel select!

Received my oil filter wrench, oil filter, and new manual supplement today. I bought my car used with 300 miles on it last year. I didn't do anything special to receive it. The letter that came with it states, "You received this notice because our records, which are based primarily on state registration and title data, indicate that you are the current owner."
GT350 Owner Supplement small.jpg
Sponsored