John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow

Racerbox77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Cobra
My Whipple tune had the car hesitating under part throttle boost. Increased Power Enrichment and problem is gone.

OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
My Whipple tune had the car hesitating under part throttle boost. Increased Power Enrichment and problem is gone.
That's exactly what mine does!

John

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
That's exactly what mine does!

John
Your close enough that you may want to consider taking a ride to Tasca Ford. [MENTION=8761]Jmeo[/MENTION] turned me on to them.

You may want to PM him for more info.

OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Your close enough that you may want to consider taking a ride to Tasca Ford. [MENTION=8761]Jmeo[/MENTION] turned me on to them.

You may want to PM him for more info.
A Ford dealer? I'm not sure what you're getting at... Can explain?

John

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

John
They have a full service speed shop and are in bed with Whipple.

OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I didn't want this thread to die... I haven't forgotten about the datalogs... I'm in the middle of doing a gear swap (to 3.31's from the 3.73's) and the temperature outside is 1-2 degrees short of friggin' cold!

The pumpkin should be done tomorrow and may be able to go back in if it's not too cold (12 degrees right now). Tomorrow night we're getting snow....

John

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

John
Not just a dealer they have am amazing performance devision you may have hard of.... Tasca Performance or Tasca Racing or Tasca Mod Shop? Give them a call, ask for Dennis he is the one there you will want to talk to.

You are in good hands with Will as well so I would continue to work with him before I took the drive.

I cant explain the cat issue but I will suggest you pull the blower off and make a visual check of the O rings that are between the blower and manifold. This should only take and hour and will be a big "rule out" possibility.

Perhaps a vacuum leak from the above mentioned O rings could cause improper combustion and hurt the cats over time? I will say I have not known or heard of anyone having fuel supplier issues assuming name brand gas stations are being used. I have however heard of sub-par gas station issues.

Racerbox77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Cobra
I didn't want this thread to die... I haven't forgotten about the datalogs... I'm in the middle of doing a gear swap (to 3.31's from the 3.73's) and the temperature outside is 1-2 degrees short of friggin' cold!

The pumpkin should be done tomorrow and may be able to go back in if it's not too cold (12 degrees right now). Tomorrow night we're getting snow....

John
Did you need to mess with the pattern or did the original shims work?

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Ohio doesn't test the gas, here it can really matter. It also doesn't seem to be limited to a brand or a station. Winter blends aside I can fill up and get a bad tank and see 1-2 degrees of timing being pulled just with the Voodoo NA. I plan on watching this even closer when the whipple goes on in a few weeks. Even with bad gas however I don't really see hesitation that needs enrichment, just feels down on power generally through lost timing advance. It seems when you are already knock limited and not reaching MBT loosing a couple more degrees can really be noticeable.

OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Did you need to mess with the pattern or did the original shims work?
I had to change all the shims. Pinion needed 0.003 thinner. Backlash was completely different. I've done may differentials (mostly 10 and 12-bolt GM) and most of the time you can get away with the same pinion shim. For me this wasn't the case this time round. I gotta say the 8.8 IRS rear is VERY beefy. The crush collar is straight from hell: crazy torque to get it to compress....

I got got all put back together today. Took a long time since I had to make some special press tools on the lathe, then my hydraulic press broke (needed to have the bottle jack replaced), then the ram bent. Ugh. Harbor freight. I will need to disassemble it and do some welding to beef it up for next time.

In any case, the new gears are whisper quiet. Not a night and day difference vs the 3.73's but I needed to do something... 3.15's were not an option since my Torsen carrier doesn't work with those. 3.31's are only about 11% different so I wasn't expecting night and day. But 11% less torque in 1st gear (which is useless - just spins 'em) and the difference between having to shift to 5th at the track...

Anyway, I don't want to hijack my own thread so back to Whipple tune issues. It's 15 degrees out and the car runs like complete crap.

John

Racerbox77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Cobra
Thanks for the reply. Was hoping you'd say it was easier. I'm doing the 3.31 swap very soon. For the same reason you did, no 5th gear at the 1/4 mile.
Again I had the same issues with my Whipple setup. I have HPTuners so I'm able to adjust the Whipple tune. I found that the car was starving for fuel under light load part throttle boost. Basically the car needs more fuel in that area.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
I had to change all the shims. Pinion needed 0.003 thinner. Backlash was completely different. I've done may differentials (mostly 10 and 12-bolt GM) and most of the time you can get away with the same pinion shim. For me this wasn't the case this time round. I gotta say the 8.8 IRS rear is VERY beefy. The crush collar is straight from hell: crazy torque to get it to compress....

I got got all put back together today. Took a long time since I had to make some special press tools on the lathe, then my hydraulic press broke (needed to have the bottle jack replaced), then the ram bent. Ugh. Harbor freight. I will need to disassemble it and do some welding to beef it up for next time.

In any case, the new gears are whisper quiet. Not a night and day difference vs the 3.73's but I needed to do something... 3.15's were not an option since my Torsen carrier doesn't work with those. 3.31's are only about 11% different so I wasn't expecting night and day. But 11% less torque in 1st gear (which is useless - just spins 'em) and the difference between having to shift to 5th at the track...

Anyway, I don't want to hijack my own thread so back to Whipple tune issues. It's 15 degrees out and the car runs like complete crap.

John
Do you know if you are using the latest whipple cal?

OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Yes. I do according to Whipple...

John
Sponsored