Sponsored

Trunk Mounted Ice/Dedicated Tanks - Speak Up!

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Hope you have the upgraded intercooler from Whipple, the stocker stage 2 with fans might not handle the flow rate of that pump, you'll just be creating a lot of head pressure with no flow increase. If you have the standard stage 2 HX, you might want to consider what I am thinking, which is to use a stock style pump like the whipple or grab a lingenfelter CTSV/ZR1 style pump.
I was one of the 1st to get the new one, I'm good!:thumbsup:
Sponsored

KiLLjOY47

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Aurthur
Vehicle(s)
It's Silver
I run the TigVision tank with the pump included in the Whipple kit it flows OK. The spare tire cover doesn't exactly clear the tank sit back in and hide it. I kinda screwed myself by running the lines down the driver side as it will be extra crowded with new fuel lines in the future.

Pump flow
20170816_175633_zpsyqpomoji.JPG
20170816_175624_zpsllrpc14h.JPG
3_zpshg6slxm4.JPG
2_zpsvj2rntuu.JPG

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Always a common debate of flow rate versus time spent in the heat exchanger. I think my upgraded whipple exchanger (no fans) using the stock pump flow rate would do just fine, I don't think the system is in need of a higher flow rate, just needs a larger reserve of cooler water.
In a 1/4 mile application you would want to flow the ice water through the core at a high flow rate, since it is for a short period and there is minimal airflow through the heat exchanger, however you could do a test with different pumps and see what works best for temps.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I run the TigVision tank with the pump included in the Whipple kit it flows OK. The spare tire cover doesn't exactly clear the tank sit back in and hide it. I kinda screwed myself by running the lines down the driver side as it will be extra crowded with new fuel lines in the future.

What are you IATs driving around or sitting? I have the 7 gallon trunk tank and the oversized HE with the CJ intake and I’m still 20-30 above ambient even when moving. The ONLY difference I see is the temps drop very fast as soon as I start moving

KiLLjOY47

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Aurthur
Vehicle(s)
It's Silver

What are you IATs driving around or sitting? I have the 7 gallon trunk tank and the oversized HE with the CJ intake and I’m still 20-30 above ambient even when moving. The ONLY difference I see is the temps drop very fast as soon as I start moving
Unfortunately I can't monitor the downstream IAT (IAT2) due to the Whipple tune. I'll be doing fuel system and tune soon and can get a litte more data on the temps. I've also switched my hose routing to feed the Intercooler > HX > Tank ... because ICE.

Sponsored

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Pump flow
Incredibly clean install!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Does anyone know for sure if you can run a killer chilled with the trunk mount ice tank ?
I have the 5 gallon ice tank with an external pump but also still see 30-40 on the street wirh my 3.2 KB.
One or two hard pulls and you are done as the ice is gone and the water is hot .

I am sure the ice tank will help at the strip where you get to replace the ice between passes ..

KiLLjOY47

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Aurthur
Vehicle(s)
It's Silver
Does anyone know for sure if you can run a killer chilled with the trunk mount ice tank ?
I have the 5 gallon ice tank with an external pump but also still see 30-40 on the street wirh my 3.2 KB.
One or two hard pulls and you are done as the ice is gone and the water is hot .

I am sure the ice tank will help at the strip where you get to replace the ice between passes ..
There's honestly no reason you couldn't combine all the options together to get as much help as possible lowering IATs.

BUT it is a KB after all..... :D

Sponsored

KiLLjOY47

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Aurthur
Vehicle(s)
It's Silver
Oh? Like?
MOSTLY hose routing. I came out towards the driver side to connect to the lines of the original tank....It was just easier that way but now I've crowded where the fuel lines will go in the future. Definitely should have exited towards the passanger side of the tank. I also added a SPDT toggle to manually power pump with the ignition off and installed this under the hood rather then inside the cab...

bry9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt

Pump flow
Do you have any pics of how you ran your lines through the IRS?

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Do you have any pics of how you ran your lines through the IRS?

I would like to see this also... Mine shoot in-between the halfshaft and camber arm. The camber arm bumps it but clears the halfshaft fine....

I need to reroute this probably.

bry9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I would like to see this also... Mine shoot in-between the halfshaft and camber arm. The camber arm bumps it but clears the halfshaft fine....

I need to reroute this probably.
I have everything sitting here with the lines laying under the car but do not see a clean shot through the IRS.
Would be nice to see something for ideas.

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Following. 80 degrees outside today in Alabama and seeing IATs of 135 cruising.
Sponsored