Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Dude you must has dog ears! I have listened to that clip 2 dozen times and don't hear any whine? You have to love all the suspense! Also, today I read a article that speculated the new ZR1 would use a TT LT5! That would suck if they pull it off before Ford! Come on Ford let's go!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The thing I'm dreading BIG TIME on the new GT500 is the ADM.
I can almost guarantee you it will be more than the GT350R cars. (I really hope that is not the case.)

Ford,....throw us some Easter eggs here already. :headbonk: :paddle: :headbonk: Give us some clues weekly or bi-weekly like Dodge did with the Demon. What a marketing team they have. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
I can almost guarantee you it will be more than the GT350R cars. (I really hope that is not the case.)

Ford,....throw us some Easter eggs here already. :headbonk: :paddle: :headbonk: Give us some clues weekly or bi-weekly like Dodge did with the Demon. What a marketing team they have. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm not expecting any sort of announcement from ford until November/December time frame at the auto shows if its a 2019 model year, with likely a fall 2018 release.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Agee total throw us a freakin bone! The silence is deafening!' Dodges marketing killed it with the Demon! Would an official teaser pic kill you? Keeping the damn thing completely hidden just drives customers nuts!! Makes you wonder what they are thinking.

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Agee total throw us a freakin bone! The silence is deafening!' Dodges marketing killed it with the Demon! Would an official teaser pic kill you? Keeping the damn thing completely hidden just drives customers nuts!! Makes you wonder what they are thinking.
Judging by the amount of threads/posts on this forum and others forums and also in web articles from magazines, Ford doesn't even need to do anything and its generating buzz.

Remember for the Ford GT, there was nothing before and then boom they drop it at the show and blows everyones minds... I think whatever ford is doing from a marketing perspective is working, frustrating yes, but still working

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis

Don't worry, i have a place that will sell at MSRP. I bet there is a KR version that will make me search the country for as close to msrp as possible, because my dealer won't get one.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I have a smaller dealer waiting to get me one as well. I'm worried to about the unattainable "KR" type situation! Is that how it was with the last one? I assume the 350r was the same?
That would really suck!

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Dude you must has dog ears! I have listened to that clip 2 dozen times and don't hear any whine? You have to love all the suspense! Also, today I read a article that speculated the new ZR1 would use a TT LT5! That would suck if they pull it off before Ford! Come on Ford let's go!
For the most part that has been put to rest. A few Corvette forum members have heard the suspected ZR1 up close (testing) and they feel very confident its supercharged.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
I do hope so....I really do!

Without taking this off-topic, my only concern would be Mach 1 v GT350.........the former could tread on the latter's toes. Unless the latter is only around for the '18MY.......
I don't think it would be stepping on its toes. The improvements in the standard Coyote that would see it hit ~455hp could be carried over to the Voodoo such as direct injection. If the 5.4 Mach1 has the same hp/l as the 5.0 then we should see around 490hp: a decent answer to the SS 1LE I would think. In terms of torque a 5.4 would definitely be a more tractable engine on the street than the current 5.2. Fun times ahead, at least for those in the US.

My guesses for the new and updated engines:
GT350 555hp & 455 lb.ft
Mach1 5.4 490hp & 455 lb.ft
Mustang GT 455hp & 415lb.ft

Sponsored

ISHLISS

Chevy & Ford Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro LT1
This reminds me of the Camaro6 pages when everyone was arguing over the ZL1 1LE test mule. Some heard the supercharger most didn't.

Maybe the sound im hearing is from the camera vehicle? We wont know til we know lol

ProblemHouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350 replica
"Beyond its exhaust note, current indications suggest the new ZR1 will be powered by an all-new twin-turbo LT5 V8 developing in excess of 700 hp..."

If GM can bring a TT V8 to market I just won't understand how Ford with ecoboost already in place in other high performance vehicles wouldn't do the same.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
"Beyond its exhaust note, current indications suggest the new ZR1 will be powered by an all-new twin-turbo LT5 V8 developing in excess of 700 hp..."

If GM can bring a TT V8 to market I just won't understand how Ford with ecoboost already in place in other high performance vehicles wouldn't do the same.
Look, just because GM doesn't market themselves as enviroturbo or something similar to ford, it doesn't mean they're not.

They have almost as many turbo engines as ford:

1.5T
2.0T
2.0T performance
3.6TT (CTS V-SPORT)
3.6TT performance in the ATS-V

Also they have two turbo diesels. I'm not even going to mention their just sold European divisions which had more.

Game on.

ProblemHouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350 replica
Look, just because GM doesn't market themselves as enviroturbo or something similar to ford, it doesn't mean they're not.

They have almost as many turbo engines as ford:

1.5T
2.0T
2.0T performance
3.6TT (CTS V-SPORT)
3.6TT performance in the ATS-V

Also they have two turbo diesels. I'm not even going to mention their just sold European divisions which had more.

Game on.
Game on, is right. Can you imagine the GT500 being in "excess of 700 hp" with a TT V8 with a warranty?

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
Definitely betting on Mach 1 here. Makes perfect sense to me. Making it similar to a PP GT, (model exclusive brakes/suspension) with a different engine and an exclusive appearance package would be enough for buyers to be willing to pay a premium over a GT..
Wouldn't be stepping on any toes if it was rated for 500, especially if the refresh GT is rated 455 like most are saying. I see it as the potentially more attainable performance Mustang.
Sponsored