Sponsored

Dealer cost to install Ford Performance Street Handling Pack (M-FR3A-MA)?

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hi Mike,
The track pack is better for a very small difference in price. The springs are the same but the other components are better. Bigger roll bars, shocks etc. If you go to Levittown Ford the difference is nominal($140ish), so go for the Track Pack.
http://www.levittownfordparts.com/ford-performance-mustang-handling-pack-track-p-3253.html
I love the way it has changed my ride for the better. Here is what I wrote, as they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67069
PS I think like you do it all works together great. I had my dealer install was $900...Levittown quoted me that price or they would have been over $1200 if you get it for less or can do it yourself even better. I have a good relationship with dealer so if something goes wrong I have some assurance that they won't screw me.
This makes me even more suspicious of the $556 quote I got from my local ford dealer, I will just hope for the best and bring the email with the quote in when I go I suppose
Sponsored

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
I was going to chime in but [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] got it all covered. Simply put, you can get better at that price.

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
This makes me even more suspicious of the $556 quote I got from my local ford dealer, I will just hope for the best and bring the email with the quote in when I go I suppose
You have it in writing I wouldn't worry, if it was a local shop maybe.
I have seen as low as $250 bucks which is insane cheap.

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
You have it in writing I wouldn't worry, if it was a local shop maybe.
I have seen as low as $250 bucks which is insane cheap.
Yeah, they have been really good to me in the past. I had a suspension issue where there was a loud popping noise coming from the rear end of the car and they fixed it under warranty even though they could have easily denied me because of my lowering springs.

I just won't worry about it until the time comes, on track to be delivered Monday :headbang:

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Thanks very much, @JamesinLittleSilver ! Levittown Ford is exactly where I've been looking (cheapest price on the net, even with shipping added in). I bought my Borla Touring catback from them, and even with shipping the price was almost $200 cheaper than CJPP or Amer Muscle. I gave CJPP a chance to price match and the guy on the phone wasn't real nice, IMO. So yep, Levittown FTW.

Really appreciate you sharing your experience with the Track Pack. :thumbsup: I'll be doing the install myself...whatever I wind up getting. It's b/t the Track Pack and Steeda shocks/springs (and maybe other Steeda parts...waiting to be contacted by them) right now. Thanks again!

BTW, your car looks great! Big diff from stock.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Initial Impressions

So I had my FRPP Track Pack installed yesterday and I want to share my initial impressions.

First off, all of the reviews that say it makes the car feel more composed this is spot on. Going over bumps before the car would feel like it bounced up and down (even on stock PP suspension w Steeda progressive springs) and just made me feel like I didn't have much confidence in the car. Now I got over a bump and it goes up and comes down, nothing more. The ride is in no way more harsh than the ride before. The turn in is more sharp and I get more feedback from the steering wheel.

Right now I was just on the freeway going about 80 on a long sweeping left hand turn, I shifted down to fourth and punched it, the car felt so unbelievably settled and composed, it literally felt like it wanted me to go faster. The car stayed completely flat and there was discernible body roll. The grin on my face was 100% worth the price of the kit & install.

A few complaints I still have about the car is there still feels like there is a small dead space in the middle of the steering. I have the sway bars on the softer settings and my buddy said putting it to the harder setting could help fix this. I also still feel steering inputs from what I am guessing is bump steer, although it is about 80% better than before. Any suggestions to help fix these small complaints are gladly accepted!

As far as the install there was a bit of a hiccup at the dealership. They called me on the first day and told me that they were jacking it up (or maybe something else, cant remember) and they ended up breaking the knuckle on my control arm :frusty:. They ended up having to keep it over night to get a new part but they did it all for free (which was right since they broke it). Then when I went to go pick up the car my incredibly friendly and sweet service technician told me that the quote they gave me was WAY off. They quoted me for about 4.5 hours of work and it ended up taking over 8 (not including time spent on the broken control arm). She told me that she didn't want to change from the quote she had given though so she honored the original number.

So at the end of the day I got charged about half of what I should of, which is way more in line with a lot of the quotes I have seen people on this thread getting. Either way all together with alignment and install I paid $650 :ford:.

I absolutely love this kit and am 100% glad I got it. Again any suggestions to help fix that small dead space in the middle of the steering wheel and the tiny amount of bump steer I am getting would be greatly appreciated! :cheers:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So I had my FRPP Track Pack installed yesterday and I want to share my initial impressions.

First off, all of the reviews that say it makes the car feel more composed this is spot on. Going over bumps before the car would feel like it bounced up and down (even on stock PP suspension w Steeda progressive springs) and just made me feel like I didn't have much confidence in the car. Now I got over a bump and it goes up and comes down, nothing more. The ride is in no way more harsh than the ride before. The turn in is more sharp and I get more feedback from the steering wheel.

Right now I was just on the freeway going about 80 on a long sweeping left hand turn, I shifted down to fourth and punched it, the car felt so unbelievably settled and composed, it literally felt like it wanted me to go faster. The car stayed completely flat and there was discernible body roll. The grin on my face was 100% worth the price of the kit & install.

A few complaints I still have about the car is there still feels like there is a small dead space in the middle of the steering. I have the sway bars on the softer settings and my buddy said putting it to the harder setting could help fix this. I also still feel steering inputs from what I am guessing is bump steer, although it is about 80% better than before. Any suggestions to help fix these small complaints are gladly accepted!

As far as the install there was a bit of a hiccup at the dealership. They called me on the first day and told me that they were jacking it up (or maybe something else, cant remember) and they ended up breaking the knuckle on my control arm :frusty:. They ended up having to keep it over night to get a new part but they did it all for free (which was right since they broke it). Then when I went to go pick up the car my incredibly friendly and sweet service technician told me that the quote they gave me was WAY off. They quoted me for about 4.5 hours of work and it ended up taking over 8 (not including time spent on the broken control arm). She told me that she didn't want to change from the quote she had given though so she honored the original number.

So at the end of the day I got charged about half of what I should of, which is way more in line with a lot of the quotes I have seen people on this thread getting. Either way all together with alignment and install I paid $650 :ford:.

I absolutely love this kit and am 100% glad I got it. Again any suggestions to help fix that small dead space in the middle of the steering wheel and the tiny amount of bump steer I am getting would be greatly appreciated! :cheers:
Some alignment collars on the front bar would probably help with the on-center reaction. You can also get some of the way there with alignment settings. What did you get set to?

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Some alignment collars on the front bar would probably help with the on-center reaction. You can also get some of the way there with alignment settings. What did you get set to?
I have the alignment specs at home, but the toe is at like pretty much zero on both sides but the camber settings are a little funky, I think at the dealership they only align it to "within spec" so they have a certain range they align it to. I am thinking of taking to an actual proper alignment shop and having them really dial it in to the recommended specs from the kit

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
For the dead spot in the steering wheel - set front toe to 0.

The feedback in the steering wheel is not bumpsteer, although you may have some of that too, I did. I still have the same thing. The feedback in the wheel is crazy and I can only attribute to a lowered and stiffer suspension. I don't think you're gonna get rid of that.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Also, I have theory that the increase in caster from installing this kit has an effect. There is such a thing as too much positive caster and this car has a lot of it even stock. But that's just my theory and I have no evidence to support that.

Sponsored

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I didn't read through the whole thread, but I want to chime in. As I toiled with a suspension set up myself.

I have driven a few s550 track pack cars, and owned a 2014 gt track pack. I suggest skipping the street kit and going for the frpp track kit. It isn't much firmer than the street kit, which is on the track pack cars, but it handles WAY better.

I DD my car with this suspension set up. You can see most of my mods in my sig. I haven't encountered anything that made me drive different than stock. It is such an improvement.

The kit contains progressive springs, they aren't harsh or rough.

I didn't need caster camber plates or bolts to get it aligned to the recommended alignment. 10k miles on the kit and no uneven tire wear.

One disclaimer there are no welded lateral locks on the front sway bar. You will need to buy some clamp on lateral locks. They are like $20. I think I bought mine from energy suspension or something like that.

If this sounds appealing, I have a thread on the track suspension. Just trying to help a fellow enthusiast out.

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
[MENTION=29008]mikes2017gt[/MENTION] what did you end up going with, I am in the exact same boat as you as far as wants and needs and was looking forward to your review of the track pack.

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
@bigjohns97 : A lot has changed since I posted this thread, and your timing couldn't be better.

I went with an all-Steeda setup, because as was stated in this thread by people I respect, I could do better for the money. But with the money "I saved" I bought more stuff. :D I uh...went a bit overboard. But go big or stay home!

So I have this pile o'parts...the irony here is that the following pile of mostly Steeda parts has been sitting in my garage for a couple of months:

Front/Rear Swaybar Kit
Billet Swaybar Mounts
Pro-Action Shocks/Struts
Billet Rear Shock Mounts
Adjustable Bumpstop Kit
G-Trac K-Member Brace
Camber Plates
Sport Springs Progressive
Ultimate Stop The Hop Package
FRPP Rear Toe Link Bearing
Rear Lower Control Arms from the Performance Pack

Guess when I'm installing it all? I'm starting tomorrow morning. Finally. :clap2:

Work and family come first before everything else...usually in that order. And things on all fronts have been...a little busy for me lately. It's all good though.

I'm putting the car up on jackstands tomorrow morning and having at it. I'm not pressuring myself to get it all done in one day because I don't think that is realistic. I'd be happy getting the rear end buttoned up tomorrow and doing the front end on Sunday.

The goal is to be done by Sunday night so that I can take it for an alignment on Monday. It's a lot of parts to put in, especially in the rear. But I've got all the tools I should need, have printed out all instructions and of course, have this forum to cry to should I get stuck. :frusty: But I do not think it will come to that.

I've watched the applicable CJPP and Steeda videos so many times that I could almost narrate them myself. I'm going to keep my laptop handy, though.

Last edited:

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
Looking forward to your impression.

Can't wait to hear about the daily driveability.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I had the track suspension. It was very nice for handling but became a bit much for DD on not so perfect roads (tiring not uncomfortable). I found that the street pack is a better compromise if you live near major cities with more often than not imperfect road surfaces.

Yes, by the way, It is still a hoot on the track, flattens out the handling, gets rid of the bounce and is way much better than stock.
Sponsored