Sponsored

Dealer cost to install Ford Performance Street Handling Pack (M-FR3A-MA)?

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Thanks a lot, Bluemustang. Very informative post and I appreciate you sharing your experiences with all those different parts. As I'm driving my car two hours a day, NVH is a big deal to me. I can deal with a firm-ish ride, but I do not want the car to jump up 1/8" every time I run over a 1/8" pebble, you know? If that makes sense.
Sponsored

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I just ordered the FRPP Track Handling package for my DD. From the many reviews I have read it seems it is a very good compromise between not being too rough or harsh but gives you the flat, composed handling I am looking for.

I want to have it installed by my local dealer and they quoted me right round $550 for the whole install. Not bad considering I paid about $500 to have lowering springs and spacers installed a year and a half ago (bad deal).

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Wow, that's at a real Ford Dealer?! I still haven't checked my local Ford dealers b/c I'm not sure at this point what option I'm going with for lowering the car...so many GOOD options out there. Still, I doubt I'd get that cheap of a price. For $550, I'd bite the bullet and let the dealer do it.

Did you order the Track Handling Package through the dealer? Mind sharing what you paid for it? (PM if you feel better that way).

IF I go with the Ford Track Package, I was planning on ordering it online, then either having the dealer do the install (warranty concerns) or do it myself if the dealer cost was too high. What I want to avoid is a blatant ripoff dealer markup on the package. It's available online for less than CJPP or Amer Muscle are selling it...not that hard to find, either.

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Wow, that's at a real Ford Dealer?! I still haven't checked my local Ford dealers b/c I'm not sure at this point what option I'm going with for lowering the car...so many GOOD options out there. Still, I doubt I'd get that cheap of a price. For $550, I'd bite the bullet and let the dealer do it.

Did you order the Track Handling Package through the dealer? Mind sharing what you paid for it? (PM if you feel better that way).

IF I go with the Ford Track Package, I was planning on ordering it online, then either having the dealer do the install (warranty concerns) or do it myself if the dealer cost was too high. What I want to avoid is a blatant ripoff dealer markup on the package. It's available online for less than CJPP or Amer Muscle are selling it...not that hard to find, either.
Yeah I was pretty surprised. I sent my favorite technician an email including all of the parts I wanted to have installed and she quoted me $556 plus $89 for an alignment. I am like you and really want to keep my warranty so that is why I'm goin this route.

I ordered mine from Levittown Fords website for $1092 plus a little over a hundred for shipping. That was the best price I found, I didn't even ask the dealer what their price would be.

Looking forward to receiving and getting installed!!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT

When I asked my dealer about it - they quoted me like $1,000 for the install. Ridiculous. Which is why I ended up going a different route, only to end up with Ford Racing springs and shocks anyway, which I then purchased separately. In reality I spent way more than that on my suspension bc I went about it the stupid way and then changed my mind.

Now I have a Frankensteined Ford Racing Track package. A hodgepodge of different brands, if you will. My handling has increased but my NVH has increased almost has much.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I don't have a "favorite technician" at either Ford dealer I deal with. I have an F150 I get serviced at one dealer, but I bought the Mustang (and the service plan) from a different dealer.

If I have time today I will bite the bullet and call the dealer I bought the Mustang from and go through the process of explaining what "Ford part number" I want installed. I can almost guarantee "they ain't never heard of no Ford Track Package" and quote me a by the book/hour quote of "2.5 hours for shocks, 5.5 hours for springs" etc. Or maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised? :hail:

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
I think the Swift springs, BMR SP080, or the ones Bmac suggested with either FRPP or Steeda Pro Actions would serve most of us quite well. Trying to decide myself, but not having the funds makes it take a lot longer.......
If you do decide to go all FRPP (not necessarily a bad idea), I'd recommend Mike R. with Autonation Ford. He is awesome.

BobbyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT
I went through the whole mix and match procedure on my s197 and decided I did not want to go that route on the s550. It was fun researching the different parts i guess, but it cost me a lot of money constantly swapping out different parts.

I would recommend the FRPP track handling pack over the street. I didn't have it installed at a dealer though, since i was quoted $1000. I had it installed at a local shop along with the BMR cradle lockout and CB006 for $600.

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I went through the whole mix and match procedure on my s197 and decided I did not want to go that route on the s550. It was fun researching the different parts i guess, but it cost me a lot of money constantly swapping out different parts.

I would recommend the FRPP track handling pack over the street. I didn't have it installed at a dealer though, since i was quoted $1000. I had it installed at a local shop along with the BMR cradle lockout and CB006 for $600.
I am starting to wonder how my dealer quoted me $556, seems most people got a quote of $1,000. I hope they don't try to change things up on me at the end, luckily I have the quoted price in an email so I can show them that.

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I am starting to wonder how my dealer quoted me $556, seems most people got a quote of $1,000. I hope they don't try to change things up on me at the end, luckily I have the quoted price in an email so I can show them that.
Print the email and take it in with you. If you get any sass, show them the email. If they refuse to honor their quote take your business elsewhere AND notify Ford corporate. That's what I would do.

Hope it works out for you!

Sponsored
OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55

@BobbV: Why do you recommend the Track over the Street package? Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Based on your needs and the fact you DD your car. I would recommend looking at the Steeda progressive springs and either their non adjustable pro action dampers or the pro-action adjustable dampers.

Their progressive springs ride better than the stock GTPP springs. Adding their dampers will make it even better. MSRP is $710 and you can get 10% off that. So $639 including shipping.

An alignment will run $75-100 at most places. Figure 3-5hrs of labor to install the springs and dampers.

[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] [MENTION]tjsteeda[/MENTION] can help answer questions, offer up their discount code and take your order, too. Their customer service is amazing as is their products.

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Thanks a lot, [MENTION=7398]Todd15Fastback[/MENTION]:

The more install videos I watch, the more I'm convinced I can do the work myself (minus the alignment of course). The car is brand new, so no seized bolts/nuts to worry about.

I am aware that the suspension hardware on the 6G Mustangs is all one-time use (nylock nuts) and that there's a FRPP suspension hardware bag you need to get. Would be nice for the community as a whole if more people mentioned that in their videos/install threads. Just a thought. :)

I've passed my contact info to Steeda and am waiting to be contacted. Though I'm pretty sure what I'm getting, I want to talk to the tech to see if there are any other parts that I could truly benefit by changing while I've got everything torn apart.

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Based on your needs and the fact you DD your car. I would recommend looking at the Steeda progressive springs and either their non adjustable pro action dampers or the pro-action adjustable dampers.

Their progressive springs ride better than the stock GTPP springs. Adding their dampers will make it even better. MSRP is $710 and you can get 10% off that. So $639 including shipping.

An alignment will run $75-100 at most places. Figure 3-5hrs of labor to install the springs and dampers.

[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] [MENTION]tjsteeda[/MENTION] can help answer questions, offer up their discount code and take your order, too. Their customer service is amazing as is their products.
I have the Steeda progressive sport springs on my car with stock PP shocks and struts, it just doesn't feel quite right. I would have gone Steeda all the way but this way with the FRPP Track I won't have to worry about warranty down the road.

That being said Steeda has to have some of the best customer service of any company ever. They are so helpful even if you aren't necessarily buying anything from them, I have spoken to TJ before and he will definitely hook you up. You can tell they really have a passion and it shows in their service and products :)

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Hi Mike,
The track pack is better for a very small difference in price. The springs are the same but the other components are better. Bigger roll bars, shocks etc. If you go to Levittown Ford the difference is nominal($140ish), so go for the Track Pack.
http://www.levittownfordparts.com/ford-performance-mustang-handling-pack-track-p-3253.html
I love the way it has changed my ride for the better. Here is what I wrote, as they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67069
PS I think like you do it all works together great. I had my dealer install was $900...Levittown quoted me that price or they would have been over $1200 if you get it for less or can do it yourself even better. I have a good relationship with dealer so if something goes wrong I have some assurance that they won't screw me.
Sponsored