Sponsored

Question about NOT replacing oil pump gears

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 6A
When my stang went under the knife for my Whipple.. I paid the extra money to get the sprocket, OPG, and balancer. Better safe than sorry like most people say!
Sponsored

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
I paid $575 for my gears and $800 for labor done by Racing Integration in Tampa who I highly recommend

I have to search around here. Not sure I know of anyone like that. I guess that's 1375 towards a new improved bottom end if I don't get it, and do have the issue eventually though! lmao

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
When my stang went under the knife for my Whipple.. I paid the extra money to get the sprocket, OPG, and balancer. Better safe than sorry like most people say!
Yeah, I would definitely think you can save having it done at that time too.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
15000 supercharged miles on my girls car says they're not needed.

car's not driven gently either when i'm driving. If you're pulleying down then i'd recommend it. However her car made 640 whp on stock boost, stock throttle body, and pump gas. Plenty.

For a street car that's NOT doing 30 second WOT Top speed blasts (1/2 mile runs, mile runs, top speed highway pulls etc) then I wouldnt put them in.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Seems like it's one of those things similar to the oil catch can. Next to nobody really knows if it's needed, but you can't not have it.

Sponsored

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
I have to search around here. Not sure I know of anyone like that. I guess that's 1375 towards a new improved bottom end if I don't get it, and do have the issue eventually though! lmao
you will need the gears anyways when upgrading lol

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Does anyone know if the 16's are having the same problem? Could it be initial inferior parts from ford on the new s550?

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Does anyone know if the 16's are having the same problem? Could it be initial inferior parts from ford on the new s550?
The problem is doubling the power output of the motor. Stock GTs will rarely if ever lose the OPG.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
I paid $575 for my gears and $800 for labor done by Racing Integration in Tampa who I highly recommend
I literally paid the exact same amount for both the parts and the labor.

Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Installing my Whipple next week and my OPG and Sprocket came just in time. Going to do it all at once to save time, money, and my engine.

Peace of Mind everytime I step on that gas pedal =)

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Put a GOOD tuned crank damper on!

According to Ford engineering and their failure analysis group that inspected every failed engine:
harmonics, especially torsional vibration, are leading to opg and tg failures in FI applications where the stock crank damper has not been upgraded or an inappropriate "race" damper was used.

Ford would NOT name BAD race dampers that were inappropriately tuned.
When pressed, Ford did state ATI dampers are GOOD, and were specifically tuned to meet Fords requirements. This includes both dampers for Coyote and the SCJ.

Get a good damper like ATI then do opg and tg.

ATI 918047 + good damper install kit should be less than$500 and do it yourself. Just doing damper alone is less invasive than pulling tg and oil pump.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
According to Ford engineering and their failure analysis group that inspected every failed engine:
harmonics, especially torsional vibration, are leading to opg and tg failures in FI applications where the stock crank damper has not been upgraded or an inappropriate "race" damper was used.

Ford would NOT name BAD race dampers that were inappropriately tuned.
When pressed, Ford did state ATI dampers are GOOD, and were specifically tuned to meet Fords requirements. This includes both dampers for Coyote and the SCJ.

Get a good damper like ATI then do opg and tg.

ATI 918047 + good damper install kit should be less than$500 and do it yourself. Just doing damper alone is less invasive than pulling tg and oil pump.

Good post, seems to me installing an ATI damper should mean the stock OPG and TG will have no issues and the damper install is far easier and has no risk of a bad install due to timing issues. :)