Sponsored

Wheels/Suspension Makeover (picture heavy)

OP
OP
whalesalad

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Man, I've been waiting on this story..

I thank you for your experiences. I'm not going to do their camber plates and use my camber bolts instead. This goes against everything in my being, but sounds like the best option for me. Do you think the linear springs had the noise when being unloaded because they are so short? I had that concern in my mind when I put them on my struts. You ended up using the 1/8 spacer with the progressive springs as well?

Thanks man, your car looks great!
I’d love to meet another person with an ultralite linear setup in a midwestern town with shitty roads that get wrecked by ice and expansion.

Spacer with the linear, no spacer right now. I think the stance on the progressives is spot on.
Sponsored

TheMark

obsessed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Ignot Silver
great write up, thanks!

I just installed all the suspension items in my signature, I did it mostly myself with a few exceptions (bearing press items, camber plates and bumpsteer kit). It’s been a few weeks of driving and I definitely hear a metal-on-metal thud when dropping elevations like you mentioned. I had Steeda check it out and they said it’s normal since the camber plates eliminate all bushings between the strut and body. I’m also hyper-sensitive to noises but the reality is... it’s now modified with performance parts and noise might be the price we pay for performance.

BTW: the noise started with the introduction of camber plates, and definitely gets worse as the car settles

TheMark

obsessed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Ignot Silver
Just get the loudest supercharger you can find..
Hard to hear those little noises then.. :)
I like how you think!
Sponsored