'17 PP lowering spring help

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Looking to lower my PP GT. From research I see that PP equipped cars are lower than the non PP. So I know factory struts and shocks need to be replaced on non PP but so they also need to be replaced on PP cars?

I really want the Sportlines but do not want any rubbing, poking or use of spacers. I know I can run 19 " wheels on them but in case I put on 20s I don't want any issues. If so I'll just get the pro kit version. Looking to run 305/285 rear and front with either the 19" Project 6gr or 20" RTR tech mesh

And advice or suggestions are welcome. Thanks
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
PP and non PP do not have a measurable/significant difference in ride height. For all intents and purposes, the same. Sportlines will ride pretty terribly. Anything that drops that much will also completely jack your car's handling too.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
PP and non PP do not have a measurable/significant difference in ride height. For all intents and purposes, the same. Sportlines will ride pretty terribly. Anything that drops that much will also completely jack your car's handling too.
thanks. I thought the lower then the better the handling but I guess 1" is the lowest i should go because i think every other kit is 1" about all around

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Sportlines will ride pretty terribly.
The Sportlines ride just fine until you try other springs XD

I'd recommend going with Steeda because I'm biased towards them based on what I've personally used.

I'd say give a look through threads like this and see what you think of the fitment on different setups.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Yea, I was leaning towards the Eiback Pro kit or Steeda Progressives in that case

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Happy to put you in contact with one of our build experts to discuss your project!

Send me a note to [email protected]

TJ

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I’ve been on BMR, Steeda Ultralite Linear and now I’m on the Progressives from Steeda. I recommend the progressives. Springs are so inexpensive that down the road you can always change your strategy but these are the best all around spring imho

Whitemustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White mustang G.T. 2016
I’ve been on BMR, Steeda Ultralite Linear and now I’m on the Progressives from Steeda. I recommend the progressives. Springs are so inexpensive that down the road you can always change your strategy but these are the best all around spring imho
I have steeda proggresssives, after looking through all the reviews for countless hours.

Best purchase I’ve made. Nice stance handles better and ride is better.

No downsides and this is why I chose the kit.

Can take turns at 50 and 60 miles an hour that before I wouldn’t dare because of how well it stays planted.

Driving on the highways through potholes and bumps is so much better.

Before I would get the hoppy up and down ride which was so annoying being a tall guy.

Do the steeda progressives and you will be thrilled

Blackhawk25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe S
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
hey whitemustang is your car a PP? and did you keep the stock PP shocks, struts and roll bars? I have a 2017 PP and want to upgrade the suspension some, but the more I search the more confused I get. any advise would be appreciated.
Sponsored