Sponsored

On the fence about boost

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Have mulled the thoughts of forced induction for some time now. 2015 LE 50 year anniversary #265 of 1964. The only mod I have is an H pipe. I like to be able to hear it when I'm on it but don't like loud or drone, so I'd probably keep the exhaust set-up I now have. I'm 66 so I am not going to take it to the track or be drag racing with it, but I do occasionally blow the soot out of it and generally like spirited driving. I've settled on the procharger with the helical gears, so I get as little of the whine as possible and if I go that route will have it professionally installed. I've owned fast cars in my life (67 camaro, 69 chevelle, BMW M3) but never owned anything with a boosted engine. My question (in anyone's opinion) is the driving experience considering my driving habits of a boosted engine worth the 6-7 grand spent on it. Thanks in advance for any input. Any pro's or con's of everyday driving would be greatly appreciated.
Well you got me by 6 years (LS6 Chevelle, 69 302 Z/28, GS 455, many others perviously owned here) you choice is spot on. Its what I started with. Boost when you want it, normal driving when you want it. I cant answer mpg question because that has never been a concern of mine. Driving habbits are and the car performs beautifully.
Sponsored

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Save money live better....Paxton/Vortech. All Aluminum piping is nice vs some of the other kits. Mine made very good power on e85. Only down side is if you live somewhere cold its is advised not do start the car if the blower is allowed to reach 25F or lower.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Thanks to all for the replies. Just placed an order for a ProCharger with helical gears with Lethal Performance in Jefferson City Tn. Looking forward to a little extra from the fun pedal!!!
Noice! So jelly. Procharger is in my future for this car no doubt, just recovering the cash.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
It's worth it!

There really are no downsides. Even my MPG stayed almost the same in normal driving. With larger injectors it will eat up more gas though depending on how much you're on it. Overall my average MPG only dropped by 1-2. If you choose a good tuner you won't have any throttle issues. I would recommend Lund.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Thanks to all for the replies. Just placed an order for a ProCharger with helical gears with Lethal Performance in Jefferson City Tn. Looking forward to a little extra from the fun pedal!!!
Oh snaps, get ready for the addiction of BOOST :)

Thanks for your support and welcome to the ProCharger family :)

:ford::headbang::thumbsup:

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
It's worth it!

There really are no downsides. Even my MPG stayed almost the same in normal driving. With larger injectors it will eat up more gas though depending on how much you're on it. Overall my average MPG only dropped by 1-2. If you choose a good tuner you won't have any throttle issues. I would recommend Lund.
I'll second the lund tune. It absolutely drives better than stock. Smoooooooooth.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
So it co$t a pretty hefty chunk and Procharger doesn't provide a tune for their product? ..or the best tune?

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
So it co$t a pretty hefty chunk and Procharger doesn't provide a tune for their product? ..or the best tune?
Yes, they have a canned tune that comes with the full kit. You get everything you need to make it run. Kit, injectors, tuner and boost a pump.

But if you want catless headers, locked out imrc, etc, etc have to go with custom tune.

Sponsored

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I'm pretty sure that all of the blower set up are good.
I bought the Roush phase 1 with their tune. I can assure you that when you push the pedal down, you will know you have a blower. Can't hear it unless you put in a sound tube.
Mine is a DD and no one knows it's boosted.
I will however say that once you do stomp on it a few times, you will realize that you are going to need some rubber that will stick and that is just the beginning.
Let's see, BMR wheel hop kit, Sticky Mickeys, 3" exhaust, G force half shafts, oh man, what fun!
All in all, a pleasure to drive and really fun when you mash the gas.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang 5.0
Your gonna love it man! Feel free to PM me with any questions or requests.

OP
OP
Humphammer

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2015 Limited Edition 50th Year
It does come with a tune but my installer said he would do a custom tune same price if I wanted it. He said the 93 octane gas in my area wasn't as good as in other area's of the country and he could get it better dialed in with the custom tune but it was my choice.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
We revised our files a while back to provide even more power and smoother operation. That being said, our files are designed to work on the run of the mill 91 octane fuel.

SO, there will always be a little power left on the table. And obviously changes that can be tweaked for your modifications. (exhaust or otherwise)

I actually run out "canned" tune in both the 2018 Mustang I drive, and my GMC daily driver with 23X,000 supercharged miles on it.
Sponsored