Sponsored

Dealer cost to install Ford Performance Street Handling Pack (M-FR3A-MA)?

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I suppose it would be nice to report back in my own thread. Sorry guys. As I posted a year ago, I bought all these Steeda parts:

Front/Rear Swaybar Kit
Billet Swaybar Mounts
Pro-Action Shocks/Struts
Billet Rear Shock Mounts
Adjustable Bumpstop Kit
G-Trac K-Member Brace
Camber Plates
Sport Springs Progressive
Ultimate Stop The Hop Package
FRPP Rear Toe link bearing
and...Steeda clutch spring. Best $20 or whatever you can spend on your stick Stang!
Did not install the FRPP Rear Toe Link Bearing...may get to it someday but don't really see the need ATM

I wound up having to send the G-Trac Kbrace back b/c the rear mounting holes did not line up. As I have the strut tower and K-braces already, I went with the 2-point G-trac brace.

I also did not use the billet front sway bar mounts due to absolutely zero room to get the rear socket-head bolts in. By the time you get an Allen head socket on the bolt there's no room to attach the ratchet, and I have a good assortment of tools. I used the Steeda mounts that came with the front sway bar. NO issues whatsoever. The rear billet swaybar mounts, I did use, no problems.

I did the complete install myself, except for the alignment. The front struts/springs were a complete and utter PITA and I should've paid Steeda to pre-assemble them for me. I broke one cheap clamshell strut compressor, stripped one pair of the 2-piece, straight-bolt type POS compressors and wound up buying an expensive OTC brand (I think that's the brand spring compressor, which worked fine, but I still had issues getting the camber plates/rubber top had to sit correctly. After many, many hours of f-ing with it, I got it done. In truth, the two front struts took me longer than all the other mods, combined. It was bad.

I took it to a really good alignment shop who charged me $130, IIRC, but they are a specialty shop that all they do is suspension work and alignments and have a really expensive alignment machine. It was money well-spent IMO. The car tracks dead-straight and I have zero abnormal tire wear. I do rotate my tires every 5K miles as well.

I'm very, very happy with how it all turned out. It rides much better than stock. The rear end actually feels connected to the rest of the car now, which is nice and the car corners like a go-kart. The ride is firmer than stock, but much more controlled. Difficult to explain, but it is a different car than a stocker. I am confident I've got a better handling car than any stock PP GT and with the Ford Performance PP2/Borla Touring exhaust I've got a little more go than a stocker as well. Very soon I'll have my 6-pot Brembos up front, along with PowerStop rotors/pads at all four corners and I'll have better whoa-power than a stock PP as well.

Overall, very happy with my car. Thank you all for your past assistance and continued support as I continue modding my 6G! :cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Better pics than what I had access to earlier today. :)
InkedIMG_20170820_201142191 (Large)_LI.jpg
IMG_20170924_163615029 (Large).jpg