Sponsored

FatFab GT/GT350 Twin Turbo Development

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
20k....truly sticker shock until you read all involved. Then it gets you going hmmmm...

Have to say that is a beautiful kit. A one stop shop for every part of the process. Makes you at least "think" about it
I was actually trying to determine what made this stand out above other kits like LPF and Hellion. Not to diminish FatFab's work, just trying to see where the distinction is made with this particular kit that sets it apart from the others.
Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I was actually trying to determine what made this stand out above other kits like LPF and Hellion. Not to diminish FatFab's work, just trying to see where the distinction is made with this particular kit that sets it apart from the others.
Well from what I was reading and knowing what is involved when you do a true F/I setup..

1. They pick up the car.
2. OPG install
3. Tunning on site.
4. True headers. and from the look of them, very nicely done. There is a difference between cheap and not cheap.
5. Nice turbo's see above
6. Fuel system upgrade
7. Scavenge system
8. Coating of the pipes.
9. Host of other things such as blankets, catch cans, ect.

Of course installation. Now some of us can turn our own wrenches so yea or nah on that, but it is nice for a shop to do it and know its done right.

Now I have not calculated what it all could cost, but when you think of the system itself chiming in at about 9k or so, then pickup, install, upgrades, and the return of the car, and of course a profit, you can see the cost of this.

Many would like to do FI but skip the parts where you need to do this or upgrade that. Then of course there is fitment of the system itself. So in the end, sometimes you may spend a lot more than the initial cost of the kit when all is said and done. I guess for their kit, you are also paying for the convenience of having the shop do it, and from people I have spoken to, do it right.

So yeah, that's all I can think of, and sure you can argue it could be done cheaper, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for....

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Well from what I was reading and knowing what is involved when you do a true F/I setup..

1. They pick up the car.
2. OPG install
3. Tunning on site.
4. True headers. and from the look of them, very nicely done. There is a difference between cheap and not cheap.
6. Fuel system upgrade
7. Scavenge system
8. Coating of the pipes.

Of course installation. Now some of us can turn our own wrenches so yea or nah on that, but it is nice for a shop to do it and know its done right.

Now I have not calculated what it all could cost, but when you think of the system itself chiming in at about 9k or so, then pickup, install, upgrades, and the return of the car, and of course a profit, you can see the cost of this.

Many would like to do FI but skip the parts where you need to do this or upgrade that. Then of course there is fitment of the system itself. So in the end, sometimes you may spend a lot more than the initial cost of the kit when all is said and done. I guess for their kit, you are also paying for the convenience of having the shop do it, and from people I have spoken to, do it right.

So yeah, that's all I can think of, and sure you can argue it could be done cheaper, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for....
Not saying it is expensive or cheap, not saying one is better than the other. Simply was trying to do a comparison.

I missed a ton of what you mentioned in the thread. Either it was assumed (aka on another thread) or it is on their website. I honestly like "complete packages" because I really hate surprises ("what do you mean it doesn't include the turbos"). Some stuff I missed (and would like clarification on):
  • Picking up the car is somewhat of a big deal depending how far they go. This isn't cheap as I have hauled my cars cross country before.
  • Catch can. Those are slick as hell. Is the catch can and battery or just the catch can?
  • Coated pipes. Also not cheap. I prefer coatings over blankets any day of the week.

The transport and coating are pretty big selling points in my opinion along with install and tune. I like turnkey projects more so than pieced together kits. Like you said, for the garage mechanic, that is probably not going to work for them. For guys like me who don't have time to do their own work, this is on its way to looking like a interesting thing to say the least.

Thanks for making the clarifications. :thumbsup:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
and do you come over to the uk and fit it for me ? :) would need a tuner kit for those of us not in America also need different headers :(

OP
OP
ben@fatfab

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
That was a great post Ninjak and highlights a lot of things I would mention!

To clarify a few things and answer your questions Performance Nut.

We do not offer transportation, we can arrange but at an additional cost. No way for us to work that into the package price, like you said, there is too much variance in car locations.

The kit does include Ultra High Temp Cerakote coating for the headers and high quality DEI Titanium Turbo Blankets for the turbos. The intercooler pipes come standard with a light black texture coating as well.

The catch can is included in the package and mounts to the inner fender area as seen in our photos. You can upgrade to the light battery/ catch can combo for an additional fee.

I am sorry Hinch we dont offer anything for the world cars yet! If I could get someone to ship me one for development though... :D

Sponsored

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0

1. They pick up the car.
2. OPG install
3. Tunning on site.
6. Fuel system upgrade
7. Scavenge system
8. Coating of the pipes.

Lets be honest they are not going after the $/HP crowd. They are targeting the people with more money than they know what to do with and want curb side service. My set up makes the same power as their 800hp kit and only cost 13k less (that includes all tuning, fuel upgrades, catch can, OPG's etc). The Fatfab set up is clearly a well built kit but for the $ there are way better options. You can save 7-8k going with the hellion kits and match any power these kits want to produce. Again not hating its way nicer than anything im going to try to afford. They have plenty of demand for this kit otherwise they wouldn't be building it.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I am sorry Hinch we dont offer anything for the world cars yet! If I could get someone to ship me one for development though... :D
you can buy RHD manifolds direct from ford just do that and copy them then send me a kit out for free and i'll fit it and see if it works :)

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I wouldn't even want to put those on the car they look so nice

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I wouldn't even want to put those on the car they look so nice
Ha, same here. I'd hang them in my living room. Some folks have deer heads mounted on a wall, I'd have headers.
Sponsored