Sponsored

what super charger????

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I had a Procharger Stage 2 8 rib and had nothing but problems and got rid of it after months of going back and forth, uninstalling it and reinstalling it looking for gremlins and through 2 tuners the inability to get rid of mid throttle surging. Some guys have had completely different experiences where they run great with zero issues - but a whole group of us were having that issue and couldn't get it resolved a couple years ago.

I did a Whipple this time and if you want a zero issues kit - Whipple is the way to go. I just put one on a buddies car a week ago too with some pump gears and they're simply awesome. IAT is 20-30 over ambient driving around and less than that under boost. My procharger measured IAT at the inlet, not the intake manifold. So the comparison isn't apples to apples at all. But I think the intercoolers for both do a TREMENDOUS job.

On my centri setup, it made great peak power, but I had to really rev it up (3500+) and drive it there to feel it much. When it was WOT, and above 4k, it would wail like a banshee. On the other hand, my Whipple, off idle, you know immediately you've got more power, particularly the thicker torque curve. On the dyno at 2500 you step on it and it immediately goes over 500 torque to the tires and stays there or higher the whole pull. The centri built to torque as RPMS climbed but the hit was unimpressive unless you were starting at 4500 rpm. Disclaimer - I never waste gated my centri - but that seems like a combo of the best of both worlds. I've no experience waste gating them but building boost like a twin screw can't be a bad thing.

Completely different designs doing the same thing - creating manifold pressure. Both are a journey - let us know what you go with!
Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
One friend of mine has a Procharger, another has a Whipple. They both seem pretty happy with them and how they run. For me, my Roush has run perfect since the day it was put on. No issues with anything, ever. Smooth, reliable, and plenty of power for the goofin' off that I do. But, from what I read in most of these threads, I'm sure I would be just as happy with a Procharger or Whipple, too.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
My procharger measured IAT at the inlet, not the intake manifold.
Its actually measured at the outlet of the intercooler. (Same as a PD)

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Hey where in Alberta are you? I'm in Edmonton and have a Whipple stage 2 Gen 3 and love it. Car made 681WHP on the whipple calibration and with the oversized heat exchanger it stays very cool. The other day it was 29c/84f and my cruising temps never went over 42c/107. On a pull at higher speed they would drop to 37c/98f.

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Which one do you like more? Buy that one.

This topic has been beaten to death and it comes down to personal preference and driving style every time.
Do you like perfect ass or perfect ass?

Sponsored

OP
OP

adam2017pp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
I'm from Lethbridge , ab about 6hrs away. Know off hand if the whipple tune will work with longtubes and off road h pipe ?

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
I honestly ain't sure but there is a lot if people on here with crazy knowledge about all this that would know.

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
You really won't go wrong with either certainly
Sponsored