Sponsored

Wheel Hop Solution: Steeda S550 IRS Subframe Bushing Support System (GT, V6, Eco)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Checks the boxes!

Drives with the added overall strengths and tightness (Check)

Feels planted (Check)

Nice little burn out too (Check)

Appreciate the update! Next time, video of the burnout is always appreciated :)
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
after lowering the subframe to do the install to perform the necessary procedure to mount the 3 packages and shock mounts along with the PP springs and your rear sway bar .. I did run into the dreaded alignment of the subframe mounting positioning to true up .
I hear that. That part slowed me down too.

I can’t wait to really test it out at my first auto-x of the season this weekend (it’s been raining a lot out here).

The nice thing is that I have all the Steeda chassis stiffening products and I still have all my expensive dental work intact after the 14 hour round trip to Fab Fords over the weekend. :lol:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Over 239+ 4.5 star reviews ... continues to be one of the best solutions on the market with proven results!
IRS Braces.jpg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great review I wanted to share, please let us know if you have any questions or feedback!

I'm officially a believer!
Ok. So I know everyone has already made threads about their Steeda stuff, but I'm officially a believer! Springs Sway bars Sway bar Billet Brackets Vertical Links Toe Arms Bump steer kit G-Track Brace IRS bushings MMR Camber Plates Performance wheel alignment The car is a go kart. Set the front sway bars to the center and rear to the lower settings, entry high speed turn is predictible, so much so I haven't learned the limits yet. The ass can be easily manuvered with throttle (Race mode/traction off). The body roll seems like it's gone (once the track wheels/tires come in I'll know for sure), it's unreal, I am in LOVE with the car now. This is the way it should've come from the factory for the PP cars. Really a learning curve, since now everything is souch more compossed. The IRS bushings and arms drastically changed the feel of the car on take off, the power actually goes to the tires (which I spin even easier now, even with camber still within factory specs.) There's not that feeling like the IRS wasn't properly fastened, it feels like it's built in to the body. Such a great mod. I'm ordering the IRS brackets as well, but I don't see how it can really improve further. It that good!! Steeda has my vote!
TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Another Great review that was just posted on Facebook:

Field report, Steeda G-trac and IRS rear subframe braces installed. Must say these two products really tighten up the handling of the S550, especially the advantage of virtually no more wheel hop.
TJ

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Fastest 10 Second N/A With Bolt on parts under 5000.00

Another Great review that was just posted on Facebook:

TJ
Great article and video, I woud like to share. Steeda's Quest is to bulid the fastest N/A 2018 with no internal engine parts,power adders or weight reductions!

[ame]
resized.jpg

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
:thumbsup:

I installed both the alignment dowels and the subframe bushing supports since they both required removing the front bracket. Fronts, easy as pie. Those 2 piece supports do require some grease to put them in and even then I fought with both sides for a while. Reading this thread before actually installing those pieces helped with not ranting and raving like a lunatic. Initial impression on a short post installation drive is as some have said before: car feels planted, isn't shaking its booty as before. Could have put it on stage and earned some decent tips with all the shaking. Support frames and vertical links are next on the list. Then... some super spirited driving on curvy back roads :headbang:.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
A tip that I found to be a great help when installing the IRS Subframe bushing supports is to take the wheels off, grease up the aluminum collars and use a C-clamp to help guide the collars on. It took me a whole 30 minutes or so including taking the wheels off.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Homestead 05/19/2018

Finished 2nd first race and Won the last race! All done in the rain. The last race was a nail biter! The M3 BMW was fast, lots of great driving between them! The victory was only half of a second! Steeda NT01 equipped. BMW M3 Hoosier rain tires.
Steeda is leading in SARRC points!
Steeda Tech
HOM RAIN.jpg

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to let the group know ... our Memorial Day Sale is now active!

MemorialDay_2018-banner.jpg

Best Regards,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All:

First & foremost - we would like to extend a huge congratulations to Nick Fosnaugh and his 2018 10R80 Supercharged Mustang GT!

With the help of Whipple Superchargers, Paramount Speed, Steeda, and more, Nick's car has been the talk of many across the Mustang community for being the first car to break into the 1.1X 60-foot range at the dragstrip.

Check out the full build sheet here - https://www.steeda.com/nick-fosnaughs-10r80-supercharged-gt

& ... yes, you guessed it, this impressive run was complimented by the Steeda Bushing Support System

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We have continued to be very pleased with the results of the Steeda IRS braces :)

1607967571523.png
Sponsored