Sponsored

BMR BK049 - whats going on?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Just want to clarify - our (BMR) web-site does not show stock of our components.

:cheers:
i'd be kinda worried if the manufacturer didn't have stock of their own parts tbh
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
i'd be kinda worried if the manufacturer didn't have stock of their own parts tbh
Can't say I blame you.

Not many manufactures actually show a live and accurate stock on their products on their web-site.

On the other hand, we do provide live inventory to our distributors who require it.

We cater to large stocking distributors, so our retail side of things is not the best - but as we grow we will be addressing those small issues (if you want to call it an issue..)

:headbang:

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION]

Re: the stock on your own website.... You are of course absolutely correct, my mistake. Apologies.

The issue of stock / no stock with Jegs still confuses me though. Ready for immeaditae dispatch on May 2nd. May 4th receive a message its delayed until May 15th. May 16th receive a message its delayed indefinitely.

Obviously something going on behind the scenes with Jegs there, which I can't comment on.... But it sure sucks as a customer trying to buy your product.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I definitely will not disagree with you my friend.

This is why I jumped in and referred you to the Summit Link - and as you mentioned, its already being taken care of ;)

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1

Props to SUMMIT Racing.

Here in Europe in 5 business days. FEDEX expedited for $80.

The only (reseller) company who were willing to ship and actually did what they said they would do.

For the record, f#ck you : Jegs, Dallas Mustang, Steeda US and American Muscle!

Now to get them installed!

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)

Props to SUMMIT Racing.

Here in Europe in 5 business days. FEDEX expedited for $80.

The only (reseller) company who were willing to ship and actually did what they said they would do.

For the record, f#ck you : Jegs, Dallas Mustang, Steeda US and American Muscle!

Now to get them installed!
Awesome! Glad to see you got them so fast sir! :headbang:

A few tips:

Instructions: https://www.bmrsuspension.com/siteart/install/BK049.pdf

1: On step #24 about installing the bolts "from the front" - on the front mounts, this is the easiest, but weakest method. The issue is that the gas tank/cover gets in the way if you insert the bolt from the center of the IRS subframe towards the front of the car. MY recommendation is to have it set-up where the nut is on the foremost portion/mount closest to the gas tank, and modify to ensure clearance - as this places the shear loads on the shank of those M14 bolts.

2: The NOTE before step#21. This describes using the provided "gold" colored 12.9 Grade bolts to modify and "through-bolt" the configuration. Again, I highly recommend this.

This is a rather complex and tedious job so I always recommend doing the above things from the start to ensure bolt failures are kept to a minimum.

Enjoy! :cheers:

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Ok. [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] I have a quick Q if you could help.

My shop installed the bushings yesterday. They said it was a bitch of a job, but all went well.

They modified the bolt holes (drilled out) as recommended.

How much NVH increase should I expect.... well actually let me rephrase, how much N increase should I expect.... because I have a lot of extra noise!

Its butter smooth, no vibrations, feels wonderful. But fuck me is there a lot of nosie coming from back there. Very gear/rev dependant, but it can drone and whine and it clunks somewhat going over bumps at low speed.

If this is the new normal 'because racecar', then I suppose thats fine. After all, replacing rubber with polyurethane is always going to give more noise etc, but im just a little shocked at the moment by the amount of noise, and its got me somewhat worried.

Thanks

Sponsored