Sponsored

2020 GT500 Mustang Caught Testing Uncovered For The First Time

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I told my dealer ten bucks off our agreed upon deal for every pound over 3,999 lbs, they are confident the deal won't change.
$10? Why stop there? :D

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Hahaha be ready to get AT LEAST a thousand dollar discount.
So according to your sources 4100 pounds plus.

That’s ridiculous and a complete fail if true. Haven’t weighed my R yet, but 4100+ would put it 400lbs over my four corner scale weighed 16 Tech Pack and I think we can all agree that’s the heaviest version. I still don’t see where they could possibly get 400+ pounds (assuming they did nothing to cut weight) out of a blower, a DCT, and slightly larger rotors.

If you’re right then I’ll most likely pass unless there’s some other magic going on here that no one knows about.

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT

That’s ridiculous and a complete fail if true. Haven’t weighed my R yet, but 4100+ would put it 400lbs over my four corner scale weighed 16 Tech Pack and I think we can all agree that’s the heaviest version. I still don’t see where they could possibly get 400+ pounds (assuming they did nothing to cut weight) out of a blower, a DCT, and slightly larger rotors.

If you’re right then I’ll most likely pass unless there’s some other magic going on here that no one knows about.
I don’t know if what Farruko says is true, but this makes sense:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2211445&postcount=90

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101722

My 2016 base model with 35lbs taken out weighs 3696 with a 1/4 tank, give or take 1%.

Stock ford says 3760 for my model. I believe the new 500 can easily tip 4100.

Here’s a few more items for weight:

CPC 5.2 is heavier than FPC version (see coyote vs voodoo)
Thicker axles
20” wheels
20” wider tires
Rear pumpkin cover will likely be steel now, not aluminum (guess work)
Thicker anti roll bars
Oil and lines for the blower/coolers
Second set of ebrake calipers (10-15pounds)
Larger diameter exhaust, tips, mufflers(?) and larger diameter exhaust manifolds (this system of pieces can be up to 20-30lbs more)

FYI the TREMEC DCT is 85 pounds or so heavier than the 3160 lightweight version in the 350. But deduct some weight for clutch perhaps?

Anyway maybe that helps out it into perspective.

Edit: didn’t see my other post was pasted haha. Sorry.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The no model bashing was brought about by cry babies and people who couldn’t just agree to disagree. Remember, entusiast outcry changes history. If the majority don’t like something, it’s going to change. Imagine what Porsche would be if the 928/944/968 line was allowed to completely replace the 911?

I say stay vocal but realize that not everyone agrees and we are all enthusiasts. Anyone wit hurt feelings just suck it up - all you can do is state your own opinion and move on.
That's true, but it seems the majority likes the 2018 updates... just that the minority is louder about it. Personally, I'm not offended by it at all. I just see all these comments about the 2018's looks when the car isn't even mentioned, and it's a great way to start unnecessary conflict and take away from the purpose of the thread (like what has now happened). that's the only reason I brought it up

Meh. Its the truth. He hardly has a posting presence. That isnt my fault. If you read it that way that also isnt my fault, dont add tone to text. That gets you in trouble every time.
And the official "douchebag of the thread" award unanimously goes tooooooooo....... :crazy:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
the huge snake emblems, front and back are atrocious. front intakes along sides of headlights give me erectile dysfunction, to which the only cure will be 770+HP;)

Sponsored

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So, I hear a lot of binary opinions on the headlights. You know, it is feasible to mount headlights that are the same profile as the 15-17s without being the same old headlights. These very well could be placeholders.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So, I hear a lot of binary opinions on the headlights. You know, it is feasible to mount headlights that are the same profile as the 15-17s without being the same old headlights. These very well could be placeholders.
They'll be the same. All the fender, hood and fascia tooling is cut and they wouldn't camouflage what's there if it wasn't production intent.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
I think it's a bad move to retain the older lights to keep the lower bonnet. Not because they may or may not look better, but because they're older. And as if having a lower bonnet is going to make a difference in the real world. Didn't the 18 get a slightly lower bonnet anyway?

Anyhow, what's done is done. I'm waiting to see the tech and the spec, and how it's supposedly going to flog the completion with the same power to weight ratio.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's a bad move to retain the older lights to keep the lower bonnet. Not because they may or may not look better, but because they're older. And as if having a lower bonnet is going to make a difference in the real world. Didn't the 18 get a slightly lower bonnet anyway?
Agreed. I know a lot of people disagree just because they like the 15-17 headlights better, but you need to look through the bias here: they look dated. By the time this car comes out, that front end design will be over 5 years old... that's longer than any face of any mustang after 2000 has been around. The car world moves fast nowadays, and 3 years can make the difference between state of the art and dated.

And yes, the 2018 has a lower bonnet, I believe even lower than the GT350

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
If it's lower than the GT350's bonnet then Josh (see post 127) was wrong in that it needed to use the carbon composite radiator support so that the bonnet could be lower. The real reason would be to use the carbon support to save weight.
Sponsored