Sponsored

anyone else not like the Base Cloth GT seat? and seating position

mulage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Black, w/ Performance Pack
I have come to hate the seats in my 2015 GT and have actually put the car up for sale partially for this reason.

The stock cloth seats first of all sit about 2" too tall for me, just don't understand why ford would start at such a high base height and then have the seat raise 6" higher from this point.

the second and biggest complaint is the built in lumbar in these seats, with the lumbar fully deflated there is still solid lumber "bump" in the seat and to me is very very uncomfortable, the base seats in my tacoma are way more comfy

been playing with the idea of aftermarket seats but that would be around 2k out the door for a decent set and then i give up the side airbags, which i don't want to do.

is it possible to lower these seats easily? how do you guys feel about the seats? wish i could grab a set from a gt350 recaros
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
No, I absolutely love them.

They're perfect for me.

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
I have a 2015 GT base and I love my cloth seats. I specifically wanted a base so I could get them (do not like the leather). They feel wide enough (unlike the Recaros) yet supportive.

youra6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Evo VIII RS, 2018 Mustang GT
No, I absolutely love them.

They're perfect for me.
Agreed. I love them too. The front seats hug my body really well. And it has good lumbar support too.

Can't say for long drives but commutes ~ 1 hour are super comfortable.

The position of the seats is another thing. I wish I can raise the steering wheel higher as my knees almost touches the wheel even with the seats all the way down. If I scoot too far back, then my feet can't comfortably reach the clutch.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I like the cloth seats too, I prefer cloth over leather anyway...leather sticks and is uncomfortable in a hot cali summer after a gym session.

As for the position its fine to me. My problem is the clutch pedal and finding a good positioning to comfortably press it without sitting too close to the steering wheel. Much different than the other MT cars I've driven in the past.

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I have come to hate the seats in my 2015 GT and have actually put the car up for sale partially for this reason.

The stock cloth seats first of all sit about 2" too tall for me, just don't understand why ford would start at such a high base height and then have the seat raise 6" higher from this point.

the second and biggest complaint is the built in lumbar in these seats, with the lumbar fully deflated there is still solid lumber "bump" in the seat and to me is very very uncomfortable, the base seats in my tacoma are way more comfy

been playing with the idea of aftermarket seats but that would be around 2k out the door for a decent set and then i give up the side airbags, which i don't want to do.

is it possible to lower these seats easily? how do you guys feel about the seats? wish i could grab a set from a gt350 recaros
When I test drove a couple GTs, I didn't like the cloth seats exactly for the lumbar reason. It pushed me forward with that bump. The height thing I didn't notice much. But that lumbar bump turned me off to the car and I didn't want to spend extra for the premium. I don't even like leather.

Luckily I found my used '15 PP w/cloth Recaros. Was concerned I wouldn't like them either. But sat in them and that thought vanished. They're great.

You could get an upholsterer place to remove some foam from the lumbar area. Don't know how much that would cost though.

Bert03GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I had the cloth and change them over to leather and still have the same issue with the lumbar. There was a thread where a guy said he unhooked the lumbar and it fixed it for him but it didnt give any instructions. I plan on taking my seat out when it gets warmer and unhooking the lumbar to see if it helps.

OP
OP

mulage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i may take the seat out this weekend and see what it takes to lower and investigate this lumbar un-hooking

why would they design a seat with permanent lumbar and have the button to add even more lumbar!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I like the cloth seats too, I prefer cloth over leather anyway...leather sticks and is uncomfortable in a hot cali summer after a gym session.

As for the position its fine to me. My problem is the clutch pedal and finding a good positioning to comfortably press it without sitting too close to the steering wheel. Much different than the other MT cars I've driven in the past.
You do know the steering wheel position is adjustable in and out, right?

I've come across people who didn't realize that.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
I love my cloth seats and the lumbar works well for me. But i am 6'2" and most car seats don't fit me well at all. My last 2 mustangs had the premium leather seats but i still prefer my 2015 cloth seat. I don't slide around at all and the cloth just hugs me better.

Sponsored

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
I have an 18 GT with cloth seats and i like them batter than the GT premium with leather seats that i had before

OP
OP

mulage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Love mine.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance

the second and biggest complaint is the built in lumbar in these seats, with the lumbar fully deflated there is still solid lumber "bump" in the seat and to me is very very uncomfortable,s
I couldn't stand my 15' base GT cloth seat "bump" either.:tsk:

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Oh man the number one thing I hate about my car is the lumbar bump. That deflated position should be the fully inflated position. Its like they screwed up or something. Otherwise I have no problem with the seat. I plan to open the seat by removing the cloth and see if I can manually pull that support back even more.

To the op: How far is your head from the roof? I have about 2 inches and judging by where the cluster guages point thats the "proper" seating height for this car. Its like a sedan where as the camaro gets a more sporty seating position where youre more reclined and lower to the floor.
Sponsored