Sponsored

2018 gauge cluster retrofit

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks very much JR3Z-3F791-AA just arrived today very fast!! :D

Although now i'm wondering what kind of wipers I have variable or auto.... anyone know what he premium gt comes with?
Let us know how it works out with the wipers.
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
ALL - Here's a link to a spreadsheet with the info for enabling features in the 2018 IPC in as built data. This should help you getting the as built data necessary for your car.

If you know what bit enables/disables active exhaust I would like to add that. There are more that need to be added too.

Find here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T-CjMpdlxwBljFb0EQHlD1stsH_thMQpUDSwWylL-wI/edit?usp=sharing
Sam,

Active exhaust bits:

720-04-01 WITH X4XX XXXX XXXX
WITHOUT X6XX XXXX XXXX

720-10-01 WITH EXXX XXXX XXXX
WITHOUT CXXX XXXX XXXX

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Sam,

Active exhaust bits:

720-04-01 WITH X4XX XXXX XXXX
WITHOUT X6XX XXXX XXXX

720-10-01 WITH EXXX XXXX XXXX
WITHOUT CXXX XXXX XXXX
Thanks. Added to sheet.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
[MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20657]db252[/MENTION] when you guys get your heated steering wheels working try out these values in the HSWM (or at least a few of them) and see if they are correct:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Il6nt9h5MGW-NWEPc04cN-ro60/edit#gid=996549472

Also, can you let me know what the default time out and temp is in the HSWM? I guess I could just pull as built from a vin that has it already too.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Got my SCCM in today! Finally I think I have the first completed Manual trans cluster swap.

Known problems:

1. High beams do not stay on
2. Oil temp gauge does not show up as an option in gauges. [MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] do you have an oil temp gauge?

I'm going to start working on a write up of the install....well...after I figure out these two issues. If anyone has any possible insight into this please let me know.

Ford sent me both -JA SCCM's that were in stock in the country accidentally. I went ahead and purchased both! DB252 called dib's so I'm mailing it out to him. I'm sure once he gets his -HA someone will get to buy the JA one from him.

Edit: If I can't get the oil temp gauge figured out I'll just get the GT350 gauge pack that shows oil temp in the dash.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Got my SCCM in today! Finally I think I have the first completed Manual trans cluster swap.

Known problems:

2. Oil temp gauge does not show up as an option in gauges. [MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] do you have an oil temp gauge?

I'm going to start working on a write up of the install....well...after I figure out these two issues. If anyone has any possible insight into this please let me know.

Ford sent me both -JA SCCM's that were in stock in the country accidentally. I went ahead and purchased both! DB252 called dib's so I'm mailing it out to him. I'm sure once he gets his -HA someone will get to buy the JA one from him.

Edit: If I can't get the oil temp gauge figured out I'll just get the GT350 gauge pack that shows oil temp in the dash.
If for some reason DB252 does not want the JA SCCM let me know.. will definitely take it, as I have no desire for the heated steering wheel one here in Alabama. But, I still have the HA one ordered with Tasca as the JA had no ETA on delivery.

Hopefully will get my bezel and cluster this week.. still showing "processing" on the cluster and" ready to ship" on the bezel from Tasca.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Known problems:

No oil temp, i do have the gt350 ones in dash though. Works

Last edited:

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I’m going to have to buy the Gt350 gauges if I can’t figure out the OT in the cluster. Even
Though it’s estimated I like to see it.

Where did you get your GT350 gauges? Dealer? Tasca?

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going to have to buy the Gt350 gauges if I can’t figure out the OT in the cluster. Even
Though it’s estimated I like to see it.

Where did you get your GT350 gauges? Dealer? Tasca?
Ebay, wrecked one. Midway mustang

Sponsored

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Ebay, wrecked one. Midway mustang
I’ll call Midway Mustangs on Monday. I didn’t see any on eBay. They’re about $220 brand new online it seems.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
I've been to Midway Mustangs in person. Buddy and I drove up there from STL to strip some parts off of a 350 they had in stock. He was cool with us in person, but some other friends called up there for other parts he had, and he was extremely difficult and shady about selling stuff separately. YMMV, just a heads up if he doesn't seem too excited to sell stuff.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I've been to Midway Mustangs in person. Buddy and I drove up there from STL to strip some parts off of a 350 they had in stock. He was cool with us in person, but some other friends called up there for other parts he had, and he was extremely difficult and shady about selling stuff separately. YMMV, just a heads up if he doesn't seem too excited to sell stuff.
Thanks for the heads up. I don't even know if he'll have the part. I'm in STL also but I'd rather just spend the extra money and order the part brand new then drive several hours.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
After spending an hour inside comparing ABD and 2 hours in my car trying different combinations, I've officially decided that the SCCM programing is NOT the problem with the high beams function. There has to be something in the BCM.

I'm going to spend some time comparing the two and known values other people have already found and see if anything makes sense. I tried a few things earlier but nothing fixed it.

I also couldn't get an oil temp gauge to show up. Does the 2018 have a real oil temp gauge? Ford's photo of the cluster shows a similar oil temp gauge to my OEM 2016 PP cluster. Just the gauge with no numbers. A low, normal, yellow area, and high (red). URRRRRRRGH. Shows a trans temp gauge too which I obviously won't have.

DallasEl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dallas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
just did the install no code updates yet but wipers work fine with JR3Z-3F791-AA
Sponsored