Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
YESSSSSSSSS

If I could afford one. :tsk: :frusty:

What can I say, probably built my own by slapping a Whipple on my 2017 Mustang GT PP. :D
Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I didn't really plan to upgrade but had hoped it was at least achievable. Now I don't see my pockets being able to swing this. It's being marketed as the most powerful Ford ever....its gonna cost.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I didn't really plan to upgrade but had hoped it was at least achievable. Now I don't see my pockets being able to swing this. It's being marketed as the most powerful Ford ever....its gonna cost.
Wasn't the 13-14 billed as the same?

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Aaaaaand, here we go again. ADM 2.0

As for me, I have no interest in getting into anything else. In the teaser vid, I see a ZL1 1LE style rear wing.....butt ass ugly. The R’s wing is how you do a proper wing that looks badass IMHO.
This is how I kinda see it as well.

Thoughts...

GT350R = Let's go outside the (muscle car) box and create something unique... kinda like a Ferrari in a Mustang body complete with panel gaps and such. ;)

GT500 = The teaser doesn't give us much info, but it seems to me Ford is saying... "Crap, look what Chevy just did. Hurry, don't put much thought into it... copy that wing thing, throw a blower on it and make sure it's over 700hp, might as well take out the Hellcat too, and most of all... make sure it puts the smack down on track!" "Wait... which track?"
:thumbsup:

I prefer my R right now and I'm pretty sure I'm keeping it, but I think it would be fun to drive that GT500!

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Im reading these comments about how people at emotionally tied to their car..but when the new ones out, half of them will switch I guarantee it... we saw this happen at the end of 2014

Sponsored

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
This new car can only be a good thing for Ford guys and gals. I’m sure it will be badass. I’m pretty sure it will not work well for track day use with the heat of a blower and even more weight. And I think it’s reasonable to believe that there will never be another wicked sounding, vibrating, naturally aspirated flat plane crank powered missle like the GT350 period.

JMO.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
This is how I kinda see it as well.

Thoughts...

GT350R = "Crap, look what Chevy just did. Hurry, don't put much thought into it... copy that wing thing, throw a blower on it and make sure it's over 700hp, might as well take out the Hellcat too, and most of all... make sure it puts the smack down on track!" "Wait... which track?"
:thumbsup:

To be fair, the other guys copied Ford with the positive displacement blower (Lightning '03 Cobra, previous GT500s) Ford is just continuing what they started.

Having said that, I'll be in no rush to get one unless I can swing keeping the FPC 8200 RPM screamer that oI love so much.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
To be fair, the other guys copied Ford with the positive displacement blower (Lightning '03 Cobra, previous GT500s) Ford is just continuing what they started.

Having said that, I'll be in no rush to get one unless I can swing keeping the FPC 8200 RPM screamer that oI love so much.
Just to clear it up... I only mentioned "copy that wing thing" as Kurac mentioned in his post by comparing the "copied look of" ZL1 1LE wing to the "elegant and well thought out" $8000 carbon fiber wing on the R.

I too wouldn't mind the GT500 if I had garage space. However, it would be too much for me on track! :)

Reactions: JT1

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Im just waiting for the pricing on this thing. Its direct competition is the ZL1 so is it going to be priced in the $60s to compete with it? If so, That cuts right into the GT350's pricing. Ford kind of shot themselves in the foot here.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Is anyone looking forward to actually selling the 350 to get into a 500?
Yes, I am considering letting one of my R's go for the new 500 (depending on what the 500 turns out to be). The video teaser reveals for the first time that the new 500 is probably a 1LE killer (wing, aero, etc). It will all depend on what the car winds up being. So far there have been no official specifications released from Ford except.....

"Arriving in 2019, the all-new Mustang Shelby® GT500® will be the pinnacle of Mustang performance and highlights the innovation, ingenuity and passion of Ford Performance" and that it will have 700+ horsepower. Well, horsepower isn't everything, so I will patiently wait.

Or do we all understand the special characteristics of our cars that will probably never be recreated?
Yes, I think we all understand that and I agree with that statement.

I have agonized over selling an R for the 500 (R) or keeping both. The R is an example in time that will probably never be repeated. If I do let one of the R's go, it wont be because it is a dud. Instead, the whole plan all along was to sell one to put towards the next greatest track machine that Ford had to offer.

Jim Hackett's recent policy change regarding slashing jobs at Ford performance and focusing on green vehicles and self driving cars made me rethink the whole idea of letting go of one of these icons of our time. I honestly believe that if Ford cuts R&D and ceases to remain competitive in the performance market, the GT350 and GT500 may be the last of its kind.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Yes, I am considering letting one of my R's go for the new 500 (depending on what the 500 turns out to be). The video teaser reveals for the first time that the new 500 is probably a 1LE killer (wing, aero, etc). It will all depend on what the car winds up being. So far there have been no official specifications released from Ford except.....

"Arriving in 2019, the all-new Mustang Shelby® GT500® will be the pinnacle of Mustang performance and highlights the innovation, ingenuity and passion of Ford Performance" and that it will have 700+ horsepower. Well, horsepower isn't everything, so I will patiently wait.

Yes, I think we all understand that and I agree with that statement.

I have agonized over selling an R for the 500 (R) or keeping both. The R is an example in time that will probably never be repeated. If I do let one of the R's go, it wont be because it is a dud. Instead, the whole plan all along was to sell one to put towards the next greatest track machine that Ford had to offer.

Jim Hackett's recent policy change regarding slashing jobs at Ford performance and focusing on green vehicles and self driving cars made me rethink the whole idea of letting go of one of these icons of our time. I honestly believe that if Ford cuts R&D and ceases to remain competitive in the performance market, the GT350 and GT500 may be the last of its kind.
Not only that but think of the Focus RS and the Raptor. Hell, maybe even the Ford GT. I think Ford has been killing it in all performance categories and it would suck to lose that.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'm getting one....unless it's a complete dud. It's not in the budget to keep the R and the GT500 - so it really depends on what it ends up being as to which car will stay... Mine should be an early allocation but I kinda hope some other people get theirs first as I trust certain enthusiasts opinions :)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
As for being worried - not really. I've already staved off at least a years worth of depreciation....it's going to happen eventually but this is the first car I've had that I've been able to say that. The R...without doing the novel about all the reasons it's awesome, I'll just say that it's fast enough but not so fast that it's not usable and enjoyable on the street. The only problem I've always had is that it SOUNDS like it has 1000hp - and I imagine POs for a mile radius looking around every time I get on it. ;) I think the 500 is going to rip - but will be even MORE limited as to where you can use it.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Not only that but think of the Focus RS and the Raptor. Hell, maybe even the Ford GT. I think Ford has been killing it in all performance categories and it would suck to lose that.
Agreed. They're on a roll and it looks like they're about to go back to the 90s. :frusty:
Sponsored