Sponsored

Canadian 2018 Mustang Gt (300A) limited to 7000rpm

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
Probably getting older clusters. Ford probably had a ton of them left over and isn't going to simply throw them away.

Big deal.

It's not weird, it's not unusual, it's not out of the ordinary. It's simply big business. Stuff like this happens and has happened as long as the automobile has been built.

This is actually pretty minor in the grand scheme of things and Ford was probably hoping nobody would really care.

The engine makes 460hp and revs to 7,400. Who cares what the gauge reads?
Its not unusual for Ford to use up its remaining inventory of parts.

I'm old enough to remember some examples from the SN95 days.

Ford changed the bottom body trim in '95, however the first batch of '95's still had the '94 trim. For '94 and '95, they had functional side scoops. These were discontinued for '96, but the first batch of '96's still had them.

This why actually taking the time to inspect your new vehicle, before signing the papers and driving off, is so very important. A lot of people simply jump up and down, chanting "give me, give me, give me". Well, if you want to skip inspecting it (checking it out), remember you are basically accepting it as-built. IMHO, the warranty is to fix things that are broken, not things which are different.

Another way to look at it is, if you place an early order, and that gets built before a scheduled part change, then you simply don't get that change.
Sponsored

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base

Ford changed the bottom body trim in '95, however the first batch of '95's still had the '94 trim. For '94 and '95, they had functional side scoops. These were discontinued for '96, but the first batch of '96's still had them.

This why actually taking the time to inspect your new vehicle, before signing the papers and driving off, is so very important. A lot of people simply jump up and down, chanting "give me, give me, give me". Well, if you want to skip inspecting it (checking it out), remember you are basically accepting it as-built. IMHO, the warranty is to fix things that are broken, not things which are different.

Another way to look at it is, if you place an early order, and that gets built before a scheduled part change, then you simply don't get that change.
Used to be called a "running change" when I was a lad. There were, and still are "early cars" and "late cars". All will share the model year, but there will be anywhere from minor to significant changes. I own a 2004 Hyundai Tiburon, and when ordering certain parts, I need to have the VIN handy so the dealer knows exactly which part I need because there are 3-4 parts depending on where your VIN lands.

The ADHD Generation strikes again! :tsk:

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L

On a dealer order car ok but on a retail special order that I have wait a long time for it. They should included the correct gauge with the new features.
Especially when all 2018 US car are getting the new gauge with correct redlines and new customized hallow ring

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Guys, the 90s were almost 2 decades ago and what was acceptable then is certainly not today. It's 2018 and if they truly are using leftover parts this is unacceptable in today's industry.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys, the 90s were almost 2 decades ago and what was acceptable then is certainly not today. It's 2018 and if they truly are using leftover parts this is unacceptable in today's industry.

Also then both the USA and Canadian model received the same treatments.
This time the 2018 dash problem is just on the Canadian model!!!

Sponsored

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my retail order 2018 Mustang GT.

I can confirm that the redline is wrong but at least I am happy to report that like the USA car we get the halo ring as long as your package include ambience lighting/my color.
We also get the digital speedo.

Still waiting to have a explanation why Canadian car get the wrong red line since it's seem we do get the new gauges but bad rpm print out!!??!!
20180119_211633-1008x756.jpg

Last edited:

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Good luck getting this fixed. I guess going forward you have to get the digital dash.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
That is indeed odd you would expect left over clusters with the digital speedo enabled but these are new clusters. Unless it was some sort of weird regulation thing like having to get a cluster approved in Canada :lol:

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is indeed odd you would expect left over clusters with the digital speedo enabled but these are new clusters. Unless it was some sort of weird regulation thing like having to get a cluster approved in Canada :lol:

You know what? Everything is possible up here :doh: Your are right very weird that 301A and up get the new cluster but wrong redline :shrug:

Can be a supplier error, a error in the order to the supplier or anything else but I bet it's have been done purposely by Ford.
We can speculate but only Ford have the answer. Still waiting for it and don't even know if I'll get it.
Especially if I am one of the only one complaining :D

It's seem very hard for Ford Canada to get in touch with the right person in Ford USA.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
You know what? Everything is possible up here :doh: Your are right very weird that 301A and up get the new cluster but wrong redline :shrug:

Can be a supplier error, a error in the order to the supplier or anything else but I bet it's have been done purposely by Ford.
We can speculate but only Ford have the answer. Still waiting for it and don't even know if I'll get it.
Especially if I am one of the only one complaining :D

It's seem very hard for Ford Canada to get in touch with the right person in Ford USA.
Yeah I would be interested to hear why the old face was used. The sweep would be the same which is just lazy. It’s not like rpms mean anything else around the world. A lot of people don’t seem to care about gauges but I would be pissed. I like the lights rings though! Still in love with my 350 cluster :love: my redline is 8250 but I can only rev to 7850 :lol:

Sponsored

Bluenosestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rene
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT Magnetic A10 300A 3.55
Just picked up my 2018 GT on Jan 11th and Just joined the Forum. My car was built in Dec and I have the wrong RPM gauge as well. Anyway I can ensure I have the genIII engine?

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just picked up my 2018 GT on Jan 11th and Just joined the Forum. My car was built in Dec and I have the wrong RPM gauge as well. Anyway I can ensure I have the genIII engine?

No worries you have a gen 3 with a lot of power!!! Look for this under the hood lol
20180121_185942-756x1008.jpg

Last edited:

Bluenosestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rene
Vehicle(s)
It’s my first mustang so it’s hard to compare. I did rent a 2017 last summer and it’s why I have one now but enterprise used the “my key” function to tune the car down to 420 HP I believe. So this one has lots more power but again it’s hard to compare. Has ford just spread 7400 rpm over the 7000 scale? Would like some answeres from ford if possible. Dealer knows nothing and was surprised when I pointed it out.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s my first mustang so it’s hard to compare. I did rent a 2017 last summer and it’s why I have one now but enterprise used the “my key” function to tune the car down to 420 HP I believe. So this one has lots more power but again it’s hard to compare. Has ford just spread 7400 rpm over the 7000 scale? Would like some answeres from ford if possible. Dealer knows nothing and was surprised when I pointed it out.
Look at the picture in my previous post. I was having problem to post it now it's there.

Dealer are useless lol. They know close to nothing about those kind of details.

Bluenosestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rene
Vehicle(s)
Ok I see the pic now! Ya thats my power plant alright. Good to know I at least have the power I so long waited for.

Anyone else notice how quickly it warms up in the morning when you do remote start. Its been a while since I had a V8 (1998 GMC pickup was my last 6.0L V8) but this thing pumps the heat quickly which is nice for us Canadians crazy enough to drive these cars in the winter.
Sponsored