Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Got a screenshot of Vista today that showed a segmentation date 3 days later than previously advised build date :/

Considered ordering some mud flaps.
Sponsored

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
Fitted the gt lettering style rear deck lid panel with black lettering, fitted a black pony to the front grille, fitted the oem strut tower brace...
Bobsp12

Like others on this Forum, did you have to cut / grind, a piece out of the Strut Tower Brace on the passenger side to clear the K Brace?

If so what did you use to cut / grind?

I have an OEM Brace to fit to my car when it arrives.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Fitted the gt lettering style rear deck lid panel with black lettering, fitted a black pony to the front grille, fitted the oem strut tower brace...
Pictures please.....i need something to drool over while I wait another 10 months :cheers:

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible Shadow Black, 17/Feb

Yes did you have to grind the brace ?? I am off to the states in a couple of weeks and it would be good to get the strut tower back from there. The convertible needs it.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
To stay in line with the thread topic:

Sent it for a coating this morning. Got it back from Frank @ Definitive Car Detailing. Super job. Car is glistening. Looks like constant wet paint! 4 layer sprayed opti-coat pro+ and full wheel/caliper package.

Picked up 2 tubs of Amsoil Signature Series 5W-20 on the way back.

Photos soon...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Yes did you have to grind the brace ?? I am off to the states in a couple of weeks and it would be good to get the strut tower back from there. The convertible needs it.
Ivonovi...I did have to grind it, just a small section at the lower rear of the drivers side to clear the hump in the upper k brace. Total job from start to install including grinding, a couple of test fits and regrinds, a bit of silver touch up on the unseen underside where the grinding took place, took about an hour.

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Fitted the Borla s type catback today.....sounds superb.....certainly didn't need to get the Atak....the s type is just right....

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Cleaned every little speck of dust off it a few times, ran the engine for the neighbours, stared at it a lot like some sort of obsessed idiot.

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Woohooo...just got an email from Ford telling me that my car has landed on the dock and will be on it's way to me soon....well who the fucks car do I have in my garage...:shrug:

aussierob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROB
Vehicle(s)
2016 FORD MUSTANG GT MT MAGNETIC,RIDES YAMAHA R1
Cleaned every little speck of dust off it a few times, ran the engine for the neighbours, stared at it a lot like some sort of obsessed idiot.
I know what you mean Bob. Mine isn't a daily driver, but I find myself going to the garage regularly just to have a look at it. :crazy:

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Woohooo...just got an email from Ford telling me that my car has landed on the dock and will be on it's way to me soon....well who the fucks car do I have in my garage...:shrug:
It's time for Ford Australia to shelve their diabolical efforts aimed at keeping Mustang customers in the loop.

Whilst well intended, M6G coupled with online tracking just does it so much better.

:doh:

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Its quite embarrassing.... they must be using non instant internet to save on production costs, and your email was loaded onto a different car carrier to the one your mustang arrived on, hence the delays on your email delivery.

Since every major stage in the progression of the build and shipping, more than likely, requires some form of scan event. Theoretically (if requested), it shouldn't even be that difficult to get an email when the left hand door is fitted to the car, or when the engine is married to the body of the vehicle.

Once whatever bar-code is scanned or employee signs off on their work the 'system' could send a progress email straight to the corresponding customer to that vin number.

The fact that people have a car in their garage and receive emails weeks late like that, really is laughable in 2016.

I told my father a few days ago that my car had been built, he asked if the dealer gave me that information, and I literally laughed out loud.

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Its quite embarrassing.... they must be using non instant internet to save on production costs, and your email was loaded onto a different car carrier to the one your mustang arrived on, hence the delays on your email delivery.

Since every major stage in the progression of the build and shipping, more than likely, requires some form of scan event. Theoretically (if requested), it shouldn't even be that difficult to get an email when the left hand door is fitted to the car, or when the engine is married to the body of the vehicle.

Once whatever bar-code is scanned or employee signs off on their work the 'system' could send a progress email straight to the corresponding customer to that vin number.

The fact that people have a car in their garage and receive emails weeks late like that, really is laughable in 2016.

I told my father a few days ago that my car had been built, he asked if the dealer gave me that information, and I literally laughed out loud.
It is comical....Drew smacked the nail fair and square....Ford need to either get on the ball or give it up....:headbonk:
The process should, as you have stated, be virtually instantaneous....

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Installed the GT350 steering wheel!!
Nice QJ...how do you think the alcantara suits the rest of the interior and how do you feel it will stand up to the test of time.
We had a car with alcantara on the seat bolsters and various bits of trim, and it just never seemed clean or tidy...I was always brushing it to get the surface to look uniform.
I really like the gt350 wheel and am glad you are the rhd pioneer to test it out for us.:headbang:
Sponsored