OP
OP
DJGold

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
I got my car back from the dealer and of course they couldn't find the leak. They removed all trim, carpets, seat, rocker... They found a bit of water but no entry point. They jacked up the front, then the rear while keeping the shower on it 24 hours in many positions... The technician resealed all places that he thought maybe water could have come in but it's still a guessing game. I report back in a few days.
Sponsored

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I got my car back from the dealer and of course they couldn't find the leak. They removed all trim, carpets, seat, rocker... They found a bit of water but no entry point. They jacked up the front, then the rear while keeping the shower on it 24 hours in many positions... The technician resealed all places that he thought maybe water could have come in but it's still a guessing game. I report back in a few days.
That sucks-->:frusty:

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
A garden hose trickle may not be applying enough pressure.

Was the car just sitting out in the rain when water entered or did you drive at highway speeds? I think that they should have used a pressure sprayer on the front and rear windshield seams. And a garden hose nozzle when testing the side window seals. I am taking my new convertible over to a no-touch car wash when I pick it up for the check-out drive. No-touch sprayers have pretty good pressure to check for leaks (but not as good as a real pressure sprayer).

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
being a former paint and body guy, I can attest to the fact that finding water leaks in one of the hardest things to fix on a car. The other is a strange wind noise.

It might take time, be patient.

cashdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
I have a Mustang 2015 V6 coupe and it has a major leak. Wednesday I noticed I had nearly an inch of water on the floor behind the driver's seat. I used a shop vac to pick it up. After a day of rain on thursday I checked today and it's full of water again. I'm sure it's not coming from under the car but where is it coming from? The rear quarter windows? The joint of roof and back glass? It breaks my heart to bring it to Ford and have them tear it apart to find the leak...
I had the exact same problem in another car and the culprit was a bad seal around the tail lights. I would have a look in the trunk to see if it is wet.

Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
No body else seemed to find this video humorous. I did.
At the 0:52 point he just kills it by spraying the entire front dash and steering wheel. God knows how many electrical gremlins and issues will crop up due to left over moisture.

tflanag1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 RR EB Premium
I know. It looks like Mexico but the license plate is European.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
I know. It looks like Mexico but the license plate is European.
I think this guy just works at the wash, and the customer is a repeat customer but gives a lousy or no tip, so this is his way of getting back with a interior wash. haha

tflanag1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 RR EB Premium
How long have you had your Mustang? Are you satisfied with your decision to go with the 2.3T? How many kilometers do you have on it? Is all of your snow gone now?

Sponsored

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT
I know this is old, but my service rep told me to keep the leaves out of my vent at the bottom of the windshield. It is causing them to leak bad. May or may not have been the problem.

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
I like the way people start a post asking for help n ideas and then never report back and let you know the outcome , like WTF?

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
I agree. Someone will read this and say "Yes! This is it!" then be bummed at the end of the thread. Happened to me more than once.