Mustang full of water

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
This really sucks! Don't go easy on the dealer... Let them know your pissed.
Hope they get it back in shape for you
WHY? Dealer didn't do anything. You need their help- going in with attitude won't get you a damn thing.
Sponsored

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
Prepare for mould!!!!

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I hope i am not going to be in the same boat. I purchased my car and noticed a little wet spot behind the driver seat but thought it could have been water getting in as it was storming pretty bad when i got the car now this has me worried.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
WHY? Dealer didn't do anything. You need their help- going in with attitude won't get you a damn thing.

More people need to understand this. The dealership is NOT the same company as ford. They can't control anything that happened at the factory or what ford says or does about problems.

I hope i am not going to be in the same boat.

Hopefully not since boats are supposed to keep water out.....

Sorry. Couldn't help myself

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Just me, but after the fiasco I had to go through trying to get my water leak fixed I will do it myself if it happens again. I fixed mine in my focus when the dealer couldn't do it after 5 tries. Hardest part is pulling the carpet. Then the leak is easy to find. Need to let the dealer try 1st though.

Sponsored

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
I just got mine back from the dealership this past Monday for leaks. Mine was coming down the sides of the dashboard & down on the kick panels & soaking both the driver & passenger carpets. Mine was in the dealership & the body shop for a total of two weeks. Turns out there was a pin hole in one or two welds at the top of the windshield, causing water to run down but only when the car was stationary. If it was moving, it would go up & over the back. Get it in & get it fixed before it causes rust, plus the possibility of mold in the carpets...not good.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Are you sure you didn't do this? LOL

[ame]

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
As mentioned, bring up the subject of mold and mildew. Wet carpet and padding will lead to bad odors if not attended to quickly and properly. Not only does the leak need fixing, but that carpet should be pulled out and hung up to dry.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's true. You attract more flies with honey.

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
As mentioned, bring up the subject of mold and mildew. Wet carpet and padding will lead to bad odors if not attended to quickly and properly. Not only does the leak need fixing, but that carpet should be pulled out and hung up to dry.
Absolutely! That or take it to a detail shop, tell them you just want those particular areas hit with a carpet extractor. They should only charge $20-$30. Might be easier than pulling the carpets.

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have a Mustang 2015 V6 coupe and it has a major leak. Wednesday I noticed I had nearly an inch of water on the floor behind the driver's seat. I used a shop vac to pick it up. After a day of rain on thursday I checked today and it's full of water again. I'm sure it's not coming from under the car but where is it coming from? The rear quarter windows? The joint of roof and back glass? It breaks my heart to bring it to Ford and have them tear it apart to find the leak...
Hey DJGold,

I saw you were planning to bring your Mustang in to the dealer today. Were you able to get it in? Send me a PM; I'll look into options on my end to further assist. :)

Jeff :ford:

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Oh no! Say it ain't so! The S197 had a horrible water leak problem which took Ford a few model years to figure out! I hope this is not happening again!! I need to check mine.

OP
OP
DJGold

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
Hey DJGold,

I saw you were planning to bring your Mustang in to the dealer today. Were you able to get it in? Send me a PM; I'll look into options on my end to further assist. :)

Jeff :ford:
They took it in today and lent me a car. I just feel like the service rep. didn't take me seriously when I told him another member on this forum had a similar issue therefore I could give them a heads up on where to start looking. I know they'll fix it, I just don't want them keeping the car for 2 weeks +. I'll keep you all posted.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
They took it in today and lent me a car. I just feel like the service rep. didn't take me seriously when I told him another member on this forum had a similar issue therefore I could give them a heads up on where to start looking. I know they'll fix it, I just don't want them keeping the car for 2 weeks +. I'll keep you all posted.
Glad it's getting taken care of, DJGold. Let me know if you do need anything. If you have further issues with service, I'll be here. :cheers:

Jeff

Last edited:

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Water leaks...

I am expecting delivery of my convertible in the next few days. My dealer has agreed not to wash the vehicle (I want to Iron X, clay bar, seal, wax it myself). I will be taking it out for an inspection drive also. I am taking my salesman with while I take it through a No-Touch car wash. I want to see if there are any water leaks, especially when the high pressure jets hit the window-soft top seals.
Sponsored

Last edited: