Sponsored

Bullitt- Barrett Jackson

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
$600K for the 07 SGT back in 2007. JDRF charity car and great cause. Shelby was getting back with Ford. Exciting times back then and not many Shelby’s on the road either. :ford:
Seems like yesterday!
Yeah, muscle cars in general were hyping up back there. I saw an amazing Mach1 428CJ go for only 130K last night. that would have gone for like 200+ a few years ago.

Crazy the SGT went for so much, its basically the same as the BULLITT but with minor changes isn't it? BULLITT makes a little more on a dyno SGT handels a little better?

Kinda like PP2 and BULLITT now that I think about it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
SGT started as a GT and got the handling pack and power pack tune with an open element filter and short throw shifter. HP i believe was rated at 319 hp. Car was originally advertised with 3.73 gears. Production version didnt get the gears because.... he Bullitt did. Ford needed to keep some differences between the cars.

Bullitt got the GT500 seats and 3.73 gears plus the engine mods, rated at 315HP. Plus the ever cool turned alum dash.

I went with both worlds- after signing papers my 08 Bullitt went from the showroom to the service bay where the handling pack suspension and short tbrow shifter were installed.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
SGT started as a GT and got the handling pack and power pack tune with an open element filter and short throw shifter. HP i believe was rated at 319 hp. Car was originally advertised with 3.73 gears. Production version didnt get the gears because.... he Bullitt did. Ford needed to keep some differences between the cars.

Bullitt got the GT500 seats and 3.73 gears plus the engine mods, rated at 315HP. Plus the ever cool turned alum dash.

I went with both worlds- after signing papers my 08 Bullitt went from the showroom to the service bay where the handling pack suspension and short throw shifter were installed.
Sounds like my plan of putting the PP2 parts my my BULLITT.

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
Anything above car value (msrp) is a charity donation under old tax rules (didnt track charity changes in new tax leg).
Anyone who can pay $300K for what is basically a green GT, probably will still be able to Itemize even under the new tax laws.

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Well now the dealers know what the ADM should be.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If this is truly a limited production car the price is going to be up there. But play the waiting game I know of a 50 year LE Mustang that sat at the dealer for almost 2 years before they sold it and they sold it at invoice

OP
OP

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
I know many disagree with me, and that is fine...but as a "nut' who has tracked down and bought most Special Editions since 1999 this auction price will come up. The little sales boys will note "hey the first one sold for $300K so our asking ONLY $5k over is a steal--man are we giving you a great deal".

Understand I'm not falling for such hype nor arguing for it in any fashion as the price paid for a charity car has no relation to value...it is just that buyers seeking a Bullitt are gonna hear it. And many suckers will fall for it (just like 2015 LE buyers who paid $20k over)

And the GT500 will not provide any relief if it comes out as a 2020 model. With the unveil coming soon lets all hope it is a 2019 model released at the exact same time as the Bullitt to draw heat away. Sorry guys but dealers do not say "hey we are getting ADM on XYZ next year so we will let this year's special edition get an ADM pass"--it simply doesn't work that way. And NO, the PP2 is NOT competition - designed for an entirely different market.

Sponsored

Bedista

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Mustang Bullitt K-3298
Am I correct that only the Front calipers are “brembo” and the rears are ordinary?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Am I correct that only the Front calipers are “brembo” and the rears are ordinary?
Yes. Just like the Performance Pack.