Status
Not open for further replies.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
How are you calculating inflation?

I don’t think it will break 90. My R was 68k. One grand more than your GT500. You can’t just apply straight inflation (your calculation is way off if you’re talking about dollar inflation anyway). Technology gets cheaper over time, and the more tech you can apply the better off you are in being able to reduce significant cost. Economies of scale change, etc etc

Look at the Demon. What’s the sticker, 86k? And look at all the other stuff you get with it. Extra wheels, track box filled with stuff, delivered by an actual high end car carrier versus regular old rail or transport, etc...

End of day I think it will be mid 70s to low 80s. I don’t think it will break 90.

Edit: I will add after thinking more about what you’re saying. You’re probably not talking about dollar inflation. It’s very likely that this car will have more than $10-$15k in improvements over the last GT500, but I’ll still argue other costs will have been reduced, so the true number is probably somewhere in between.

Either way we are all hoping for the same thing. Another Ford Mustang that can punch way above it’s class
I don't for see the car breaking 90K unless there are a massive amount of options to add up. Otherwise I think the car is going to start around 71-73k and go up from there. I'm really intrigued to see what comes, because someone is saying a power to weight ratio of 5.76 and with a modest 715ish HP your talking a pretty substantial weight gain, like up around 4100-4150. Which is quite different then what we have been hearing from Bmac.
Sponsored

Reactions: _M_

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Why not? Look at the S197 GT500. Introduced in 2007. New body design in '10 plus a bit more HP. New engine in '11. New design in '13 plus a new engine.

Again, I know I'm going against the grain, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the GT350 last throughout S550 production.
Certainly respect your opinion and agreed on the GT500 cars as they went from 500 HP to 540, 550 and 662 over 8 years with the 540 HP (2010) being the last cast iron block then onto the 550 HP (2011) being the first aluminum block GT500 car.

Having said that it is my understanding that the FPC is done this year with Ford discontinuing that engines production but I suppose Ford could come up with a brand new GT350 body style for a new CPC engine but have a hard time with all of that especially with the arrival of the new Bullitt and GT500 coming out in the near future.

I would suggest that you and I will both know in a matter of a few months as to the immediate future or lack thereof for the GT350 as we presently know it!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reactions: _M_

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)