Sponsored

BOV for ATM charge pipes

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Recommend a BOV for use with the ATM charge pipes, which has a 1.5" BOV port.
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
I recommend ya get a Ruby Red 1 .......

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
Stock modified with a DV+ piston deal. None of the mechanical valves are quick enough for our twin scroll turbo.

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Interesting option. Thanks.

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
Stock modified with a DV+ piston deal. None of the mechanical valves are quick enough for our twin scroll turbo.

I don't have the ATM charge pipes. But, I did try the DV+ piston deal with a different aftermarket charge pipe and I got low RPM turbo flutter. I now use the Turbosmart Kompact with a 4-10 HG spring (TS-0203-3001). I am not getting anymore low RPM flutter. It has no issues holding boost also. Of course, I am not trying to achieve a very high boost either. Good Luck...

Sponsored

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
What I was hoping to find was some 1.5" hose mount options. I found one so far - the TS Vee Port Pro. Well-priced in the VTA version; starts getting pricey as a dual port. I tried to find a 1.5" hose mount adapter for the Race Port, but not sure there is one. Haven't had much luck in other brands.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Currently using the Synapse R35V Trident, vta. It's loud, responsive, holds boost, opens for vac, no flutter, etc. Love it. Not sure if you can get one with the right flange for ATM pipes, Synapse does make them fit all kinds of standards though.

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
It doesn't make sense to discharge pressure into the atmosphere these days, unless you want the loud noise. The stock BPV does produce noise with an open air intake, if that's what you're after. I used to use an HKS SSQV on my previous turboed car, and have also tried one on the Mustang. It was cool for a short while, but then it became a bit too much with it constantly going off with the twin scroll turbo. As always, though, do what puts a smile on your face!

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Currently using the Synapse R35V Trident, vta. It's loud, responsive, holds boost, opens for vac, no flutter, etc. Love it. Not sure if you can get one with the right flange for ATM pipes, Synapse does make them fit all kinds of standards though.
Man is their website ever annoying....

Sounds pretty cool in the few clips I watched. Define "loud". I'm with CustomS550 - I think it'd get old if it's real loud.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I'm with CustomS550 - I think it'd get old if it's real loud.
My wife likes to drive my car occasionally; she gets a lot more attention in it than I do (imagine that). We have a computer in the living room strictly for entertainment (I use it to rip and watch Blu-rays, Netflix, Amazon, Youtube, etc.). The wife walked in while I was watching a review of cp-e's charge pipe with blowoff valve on Youtube; the video was right at the before and after part of the review (fast forward to 3:50).

She said, "What's wrong with that car?"

I said, "Nothing. They're reviewing an intake component with a blowoff valve."

"What's a blowoff valve?"

"It vents pressurized intake air to the atmosphere when you close the throttle so it doesn't slow the turbo down."

"Why doesn't your car make that noise?"

"Because the air is diverted back to the non-pressurized side of the intake instead of to the atmosphere."

"Why the f--- would you want that annoying noise if you don't need it?"

It was at that point I knew I wouldn't be installing a blowoff valve on my car.

Sponsored

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Man is their website ever annoying....

Sounds pretty cool in the few clips I watched. Define "loud". I'm with CustomS550 - I think it'd get old if it's real loud.
The R35V model is louder than their popular DV unit. This is the best video I could find that sounds like mine (minus the exhaust)

[ame]

It sounds better than your typical Tial or HKS units that tend to be high pitched, the Synapse is a more deeper burst of air sound.

On a small factory turbo, it will be going off constantly, so if you don't think you will like the sound, definitely go with something that re-circs back into the intake instead of vta.

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
It doesn't make sense to discharge pressure into the atmosphere these days, unless you want the loud noise. The stock BPV does produce noise with an open air intake, if that's what you're after
Agreed and can confirm the noise
Roush CAI = lots of sock BPV and turbo noise

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
The R35V model is louder than their popular DV unit. This is the best video I could find that sounds like mine (minus the exhaust)

It sounds better than your typical Tial or HKS units that tend to be high pitched, the Synapse is a more deeper burst of air sound.

On a small factory turbo, it will be going off constantly, so if you don't think you will like the sound, definitely go with something that re-circs back into the intake instead of vta.
Thanks for the vid. I definitely don't want it "going off constanly." I thought this was controlled via the spring pressure, making it really only come into to play above a certain pressure or RPM... is that not really true? I heard a Focus hissing every time the driver considered going near the throttle, and it just sounded ridiculous - I assumed his BOV/DV was set up wrong, not that it was a "small turbo" issue.

Contacted Synapse - they only have a 1.5" adapter for the "SB BOV".

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Don't they offer an adaptor for various config, including stock BOV and VTA?
They do, but that's all well understood. Looking for options that don't use the adapter.
Sponsored