Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
thats a different forum my friend..those guys have already installed F7 newest map out there.. but you cant install europe maps on US I dont think because of different modules we need ESN here
You lost me with the F7 and ESN, but I take that as a "not possible"...
Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
You lost me with the F7 and ESN, but I take that as a "not possible"...
thats right. and also europe models have a larger memory size sync3 compared to US versions and are able to store more map data than ours can

barrykaye1001

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.discountpackagingdepot.com
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
started with 17276, 64 GB Samsung and 32 GB sticks...no dice

downgrading to 2.2 with 64 GB stick...you cannot go from 17276 to the official 3.0, once 2.2 installed it allows me to install official 3.0, full details in my next post
I upgraded last week. Used a Sandisk Cruzer 32gb without a problem. I put in in the center console USB slot. Remember that for it to work the drive needs to be formatted in EX-FAT and the files, which download to your HDD in a .zip. When you unzip the file, copied the directory and files to the drive in the EXACT order that they were when you unzipped them.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
thats right. and also europe models have a larger memory size sync3 compared to US versions and are able to store more map data than ours can
Thanks. Do you know if it is a completely different unit, or does it just have more memory--as in a changable RAM module? Also, would it be possible through a FORScan solution to program the car for Europe and then upload the European SYNC 3 program?

Sponsored

prvns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
I tried again to upgrade the software on my 2016 mustang to 3.0 today. It's always stuck at 'upgrading system software". I'm upgrading the software from 1.0 to 3.0. It's stuck at "upgrading...." For 2 hours. Nothing is happening.. Should I upgrade to 2.0 first before trying to upgrade to 3.0?

I tried multiple times by the way.

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
I tried again to upgrade the software on my 2016 mustang to 3.0 today. It's always stuck at 'upgrading system software". I'm upgrading the software from 1.0 to 3.0. It's stuck at "upgrading...." For 2 hours. Nothing is happening.. Should I upgrade to 2.0 first before trying to upgrade to 3.0?

Part out.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Do you know if it is a completely different unit, or does it just have more memory--as in a changable RAM module? Also, would it be possible through a FORScan solution to program the car for Europe and then upload the European SYNC 3 program?
yes you'd have to swap out hardware to get more memory for the EU maps, not a problem with RAM, the whole thing needs to be swapped out, its a whole different module..also not a forscan partition thing..EU modules have a different module with more memory

1024GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Same issue for me earlier with an older usb ... go to Best Buy and buy a better usb. I bought a scan cruzer 32 on sale for 12 bucks. Went from 2 hours no results to 15 minute install.

Sponsored

prvns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Same issue for me earlier with an older usb ... go to Best Buy and buy a better usb. I bought a scan cruzer 32 on sale for 12 bucks. Went from 2 hours no results to 15 minute install.

I bought a brand new USB 3.0 from bestbuy and tried again. Same result. No changes.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I bought a brand new USB 3.0 from bestbuy and tried again. Same result. No changes.
You can try updating only one part of the update at a time. Edit the auto install file. Also, Delete all files except the one that you are installing so that it reads the usb faster. The files around ~1mb aren’t necessary.

prvns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Ok. After trying to update the firmware multiple times finally it got upgraded successfully. All I had to do was to master reset before upgrading the firmware.

RNMAAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible CS
Yes.

There will be a prompt about midway that you just ignore (says something about restarting).
SYNC will restart and after a few minutes the "updating system software" message will come back up.

When it is finished it will tell you to remove the USB drive.

in short:
Put the USB drive in and wait until it explicitly tells you to remove it.

P.S. If you've installed an unofficially released 3.0, you'll have to go back to v2.2 (as it's the only one that doesn't verify version first) or strip out some of the tarballs that do version checking.
So, this worked for me on my 2016 GT with Nav. Just to add some detail, while the 2.2 upload takes less than 15 minutes, the 3.0 Build 18025 takes closer to 30 minutes. Half way through the upload the System Resets, and the Updating Software message comes back on (I was starting to get nervous at this point). After it gave me the remove USB message, I restarted the car but I did not have Nav. A second restart brought back the Nav and everything was back to normal. I also turned Bluetooth and Wifi off before the 2.2 upload.

As usual, I had to re-pair my phone and set the 911 contacts and turn Wifi back on.

After you have successfully updated, you should also plug the USB back in your computer and upload the requested file to the Ford Owner website so that your update is officially on record.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0

My 2017 doesn't even bother to say that, it does exactly nothing. My solution was to get it close to the house and let it use the wifi to update, worked like a charm and was done in ~25-30 minutes. I just put it on a battery tender and left ACC power on.
Sponsored