GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
Hey guys, question!!!

I'm borrowing a powered leather seat out of a 15', and putting it in my 15' that had leather recaro's..

Does anyone know what as built data is needed so I can get this bad boy to move ? or am I missing a fuse ? Help!
Sponsored

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
It all depends on the donor car:

If it has memory seats, you need power and MS-CAN connections since the switches are NOT controlling the seat motors directly but through the DSM (driver seat module)

If your seats came from a car without memory feature, your switches are hooked straight to the motors and you should be good to go after powering them up.

F74D94DA-7EB7-4868-B690-33B8A80A6850.jpeg

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Is the power seat wiring harness there in a Recaro equipped car? I have the Recaros on a 401A car but thought about installing a power seat on the passenger side.

Last edited:

ZXERT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
This is excellent information. I'm adding premium seats to my base car and I'm having issues.

For Brazos, the passengers seat will be fine. Its the drivers seat you may have problems with. If you look under you seat, do you have two connectors coming out of the floor of the car? If you do the premium seat will hook right up, if not then you will be in the same spot I am in.

Buzz Dee, do you have any access to wiring diagrams for the front seats?

Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, for the 2015 MY. What do you need?
I would be interested in driver and passenger front seat diagrams for both the 401A and 401A with Recaros. Mine is a 401A with Recaros so it lacks the memory buttons on the driver's door and heat/cool buttons on the dash. I wonder if the wiring harness is in the door, dash, and under the carpet for the memory and heat/cool since it is a 401A, just no buttons.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a single 12-pin body side plug under both the driver and passenger side seats.

On the passenger side eight of the twelve body side positions have wires. On the passenger seat plug ten of the twelve positions have wires.

On the driver side five of the twelve body side positions have wires. On the driver seat plug seven of the twelve positions have wires.

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
Iā€™ll look it up for you. It will take 2 days since Iā€™m away from home right now.
Your description sounds like youā€™re out of luck though. The body side of the wiring seems to be fitting your current setup so all circuits that are not needed are simply not there.

ZXERT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Buzz-dee, you are the man. Thank you for helping thus far. I'd really like to find out what PMI is referencing in the document you posted. It sounds like some kind of calibration.

Can you please post the following diagrams?

Body Control Module for both premium and base cars

Full wiring diagrams for premium and base drivers seats

Driver door wiring for premium and base cars, to include the Drivers Door Module.

I realize this is alot, but it would save me countless dollars that I will probably have to spend on a new BCM, wiring harness and drivers door module. No to mention the cost of having Ford program the new BCM.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not trying to go nearly as far ax ZXERT, I'm just looking to replace my passenger side Recaro with a power seat. I don't care if the heat/cool doesn't work as long as it will adjust front/back/up/down under power. i want to keep my Recaro on the driver side.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I'm not trying to go nearly as far ax ZXERT, I'm just looking to replace my passenger side Recaro with a power seat. I don't care if the heat/cool doesn't work as long as it will adjust front/back/up/down under power. i want to keep my Recaro on the driver side.
Thinking about this... itā€™s not overly complex.

Having added power seats to prior Mustangs - where a pwr seat never existed, nothing has changed in 29yrs of Mustang ownership by which I mean that all power seats have:

1) proper geared seat track
2) electric motor (1 or 2 depending on vehicle year)
3) seat switch for up, down, front and back
4) seat switch for lumbar support (if exists)
5) seat switch for cooling/heating (if exists)

So, just take the simplistic approach - you have a pwr seat that has items 1-3; you need to get item 3 functional. To do this WITHOUT any ā€œtechnologyā€, meaning PCMs, BCMs, techno crap... you would need to:

1) Determine which connector contains the pins to fire up the electric motor for movement
2) Determine ground (-) from motor harness connector under seat
3) Determine power (hot or ā€œ+ā€) lead from connector under seat
4) Determine if any of the other pins in the connector are needed to operate the seat controls for forward, backward up & down
5) Run a wire from the connector ground and tap into a good ground on car body
6) Run a hot wire from the connector to a known and good fuse within the fuse box of the vehicle.
7) If the other pins in the connector are needed, run appropriate length of wire and tap into X

Once you tap (-) and (+), you should get juice to the seat motor - then you just have to figure the switch movements.

The techno computer BS means nothing if you can bypass it and get a simple electric motor to fire up and move after tying in a ground and hot wire.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Buzz-dee, you are the man. Thank you for helping thus far. I'd really like to find out what PMI is referencing in the document you posted. It sounds like some kind of calibration.
PMI is Ford speak for programmable module installation, typically done with a Ford IDS/RDS scan tool, higher end after market scan tool and I believe Forscan has the ability to do it. Essentially it means the tool takes the essential info (as built data) from the old module before you disconnect it, the new component is then installed and you flash that data into it.

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
Here is the first part about the seats. Unfortunately I cannot get the diagrams for the seats as a unit. I'll have to look it up by subsystems.
The first pdf covers the seat movement wiring with and w/o memory. What else do you need? Airbags? heated/cooled seats wiring? what part of the BCM wiring were you referring to?

View attachment powered and memory seats.pdf

ZXERT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Here is the first part about the seats. Unfortunately I cannot get the diagrams for the seats as a unit. I'll have to look it up by subsystems.
The first pdf covers the seat movement wiring with and w/o memory. What else do you need? Airbags? heated/cooled seats wiring? what part of the BCM wiring were you referring to?

View attachment powered and memory seats.pdf
Thank you for posting this.

On the 4th page, it shows that the drivers seat module has a VBATT connection to C341B which is a BLUE-RED wire. Here are a couple of questions that would solve a lot of confusion.

• Are the BCMs the same across premium and base models?
  • If not, what are the part # for each so I can order the right one?
  • Can you show where the blue-red wire meets the BCM so I can wire it myself?
  • If not, what are the wiring harness part #s and differences?
  • At this point I am considering purchasing an entire interior wiring harness and replacing the wiring on the whole car.
  • The above is to include the doors so I can add all of the BLIS, memory and other controls in the doors.

I understand this is alot to ask, but more important I need to know if I can make the connection to the BCM to get the Driver Seat Module working.

Also, if possible, the wiring for the heated and cooled seats. For instance, the passengers side wiring looks identical except for the splice S329 on the second page. Is there anything available on that?

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
C341b is the connector at the DSM (driver seat module) If you follow the red blue wire to the top of page 4, youā€™ll see it changes to a yellow red wire at connector c340 (connector under the seat where the harness disappeares into the carpet) that yellow red wire goes further ā€župā€œ to the c2280c connector PIN 29 at the BCM.

I think the BCMā€˜s are identical. Not sure though. I have no information on that.
Also I donā€˜t have any part # on wiring harnesses. Sorry.
Iā€™m going to dig into the diagrams again to get you the heated cooled seats wiring. Give me some more time

UPDATE:

View attachment climate controlled seats.pdf
Sponsored

Last edited: