Whole Car Clear Wrap Pricing

Nghtshd88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Premium
Had my 16' GT for about 17k miles (oxford) and thankfully its in prestine shape still but I am waiting to wrap it. I got a high quote of 6k for xpel by a reputable shop. Another gave 4k for xpel or suntek (10yr warranty on both) as well as 2500 for oracal (7yrs) and the dealer which hasnt gotten back go me wants 600 for the whole front and waiting on a full quote brand/warranty. The highest quote I know for sure includes a polish. I have close to almost no swirls.

I wish there was a DIY kit avail but the only I saw was close to 4k From xpel. I did my lights already.

Ive never heard of oracal is that decent? Also is there anyway to wrap the windshield? Ive gone through a couple as they get sandblasted... on my others
Sponsored

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Oracal is large in the wrap industry, xpel is good and 3m is good as well. Honestly PPF application is awful... it’s best left to the professionals. As for pricing, based on how much wrapping our car costs (3k), those quotes seem fair.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I would think 6k would just about cover a decent repaint. I’d drive it 50 or 60k miles and get a paint job.

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I would think 6k would just about cover a decent repaint. I’d drive it 50 or 60k miles and get a paint job.
This is exactly what I was thinking.

OP
OP
Nghtshd88

Nghtshd88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Premium
It will never be the same as factory after a repaint and yes I considered that on my Kona GT but it it will begin to show again and again shortly after. Rather then live with rock chips or sand blasting continuously and repainting it again.. Think Im going to go with Oracal for 2500 and drive with care. Got a decent cover for down time. Not sure how long I'll own it honestly, more than likely will trade it in at some point so this will do me well for now.

Sponsored

Mike5876

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue GT 1194 RWHP
car

get it done by a professional ask to see some cars they have done

DONE ATTEMPT IT YOURSELF!!!!!!! I DO THIS FOR A LIVING AND UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE MANY CARS ITS VERY HARD TO GET RIGHT...IF YOU ATTEMPT A COMPLETE CAR IT WONT COME OUT TO WHERE YOU ARE HAPPY YOU COULD PROB DO THE HOOD AND PARTIAL FENDERS BUT THE BUMPER WILL KILL YOU!!

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
get it done by a professional ask to see some cars they have done

DONE ATTEMPT IT YOURSELF!!!!!!! I DO THIS FOR A LIVING AND UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE MANY CARS ITS VERY HARD TO GET RIGHT...IF YOU ATTEMPT A COMPLETE CAR IT WONT COME OUT TO WHERE YOU ARE HAPPY YOU COULD PROB DO THE HOOD AND PARTIAL FENDERS BUT THE BUMPER WILL KILL YOU!!
Having DIY'd a couple cars, I agree the bumper is the worst part. I think someone willing to study up a few hours watching youtube videos might want to give it a shot. It worked for me. So well that when I had to get it replaced on an insurance claim, the folks at the shop wanted to hire me!

OP
OP
Nghtshd88

Nghtshd88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Premium
Having DIY'd a couple cars, I agree the bumper is the worst part. I think someone willing to study up a few hours watching youtube videos might want to give it a shot. It worked for me. So well that when I had to get it replaced on an insurance claim, the folks at the shop wanted to hire me!
That's 100% me right there. Ive done a lot of lights and its a pain. Rather pay because the rolls alone looked pricey.
Sponsored