Automatic COTUS Checker

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 RR Convenience
My COTUS EDD just got pushed back a few days. This is turning into a pain instead of fun. I'm really annoyed about the dealer cash situation too. anyone have experience getting deposits back? The deal was always contingent on a fair trade and valuation anyway but I wonder how hard it is just to back out
Sponsored

Last edited:

mcstang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2016 F150 XLT
I got an update at 6am that said

EDD: removed (it was 4/9)

I know COTUS does weird things on weekends, so I’ll ignore it, but this is disconcerting to see backwards steps. Yes, not everyone follows COTUS updates as closely as we do, but this has been far from a stress-free process, with all the uncertainty.

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Placed my order on 3/3, got the bad news yesterday they would not be able to build my car... have to build a '19. What a disappointment
Sorry, but you will be one of the 1st to get a 19. Will everything be as you ordered? Do you have a new EDD? Good Luck.
Lee

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
My COTUS EDD just got pushed back a few days. This is turning into a pain instead of fun. I'm really annoyed about the dealer cash situation too. anyone have experience getting deposits back? The deal was always contingent on a fair trade and valuation anyway but I wonder how hard it is just to back out
I didn't have to put a deposit down for my order. I was told as long as you are ordering something they think they can readily sell, then they don't require a deposit. So, it's probably dealer specific. At the worst, negotiate with them if they sell it within 120 days of taking delivery they return the deposit. Let them know there are other dealers if they want to F_ you over, it'll only happen once. Good luck!

mcstang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
My car did the same thing then it was in Indiana when I asked Ford Performance where it's at.
It must pass through some time-space discontinuity after leaving Flat Rock, only to return to the here and now later on.

Seems like it happened 2 days after you switched to “In transit” like it did for me. Maybe there’s some predictability to this after all.

Sponsored

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 RR Convenience
I didn't have to put a deposit down for my order. I was told as long as you are ordering something they think they can readily sell, then they don't require a deposit. So, it's probably dealer specific. At the worst, negotiate with them if they sell it within 120 days of taking delivery they return the deposit. Let them know there are other dealers if they want to F_ you over, it'll only happen once. Good luck!
Thanks! I doubt it would be an issue. At worst, I was promised 6-8 weeks and will be minimum of 8 weeks and 2 days. Trivial but enough for a judge in magistrate court (Georgia Small Claims) to hopefully rule on.

I drove the GT automatic at a local dealer today and then the Audi S5 Sportbac right after. I am truly torn. The Mustang has raw power but none of the refinement (granting the 13K price difference). Worse, the electronics in the Audi are amazing and it the transmission was great. Plus, this "slower" car is 4.5 seconds 0-60. Hardly a difference. Not sure what to do.... I was amazed at how noisy the Mustang was in comparison. Not just V8 exhaust but general cockpit drone.

djldoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Cotus update...moved from 5/27 to 5/22...some good news

Last edited:

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
My EDD went from 5-11 to 5-07 at 10 PM today. Ordered 12-26.:D
:ford:

MDR_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost Premium
You guys stole those days from me. My EDD slipped from 4/3 to 4/8

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Sorry about that, but you're order date of 2-7/ my date was 12 26 last year lol.
:cheers:
Lee

Sponsored

MDR_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost Premium
Sorry about that, but you're order date of 2-7/ my date was 12 26 last year lol.
:cheers:
Lee
I can’t complain too much - my car actually got built, and 8 weeks isn’t bad at all!

Coincidentally my name is also Lee. :cheers:

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Lee, my car is also going to be Lighting Blue, 10A, GT Prem with Safe & Smart.
Enjoy your new ride!
Lee

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Your window sticker just shows on COTUS? I don't have a window sticker as far as I know.
I look at your sticker, NICE car $$$.
Lee

mcstang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I got an update at 6am that said

EDD: removed (it was 4/9)

I know COTUS does weird things on weekends, so I’ll ignore it, but this is disconcerting to see backwards steps. Yes, not everyone follows COTUS updates as closely as we do, but this has been far from a stress-free process, with all the uncertainty.
At 2pm CT today got a COTUS Checker update; I’m back to the previous EDD of 4/9 and “in transit” after 32 hours of uncertainty.
Sponsored