Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Mustang Officially Revealed at NAIAS!

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
Cost will be far less if you factor out the ADM. I doubt dealers will be able to ask for an ADM considering Ford will make as many Bullitt's they can sell for this two year period.
Agree. Some dealers will do ADM and if you have to have one ASAP and money is no object, knock yourself out. But between the 2 model years and all the “we will make as many as we can sell” quotes getting one of these for msrp or less shouldn’t be to hard if you’re a bit patient. I’m guessing they’ll start at $48k base and go to $54k loaded msrp.
Sponsored

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
“Meanwhile, the 50th anniversary-edition Bullitt will also be released in two model years—2019 and 2020
Good news that there are two years to get one (while waiting for the markups to disappear)... but not a surprise. The Mustang will then begin it's transition to the next generation.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Cost will be far less if you factor out the ADM. I doubt dealers will be able to ask for an ADM considering Ford will make as many Bullitt's they can sell for this two year period.
This except they will ask ADM for the early must have crowd. You should be able to pay MSRP or less for this car if you can wait 6 months maybe even less than 6 months.

They are slashing 18s by several grand right now and they recently came out.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The article says it's limited; just no numbers yet:

"It’s a limited edition, North America-only release, yes, but one that will be made available at every Ford dealership in Canada, according to Buzzell."

EDIT: re-reading it, it could be interpreted as limited production or just a special edition without limited production. Guess it depends on what they mean by "limited edition". Either way, the headline on mustang6g says 'limited release' which is also accurate since it is limited to North America
Awesome, now we’re shooting ourselves in the foot :doh:

Good call, Jarstang:lol:
Remember how the GT350 was going to be a "two year limited run"? We all know how that worked out. That was a Mustang community rumor virally spread and picked up by mainstream automotive news in a classic case of circular reporting. It helped dealers try to justify ADMs when in reality Ford's official position we'll build as many as we can sell. They just weren't specific over how many years.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Remember how the GT350 was going to be a "two year limited run"? We all know how that worked out. That was a Mustang community rumor virally spread and picked up by mainstream automotive news.
Calm down. Click bait? I think you need to re-visit that term and learn what that means.

Where in that article do you see anything about calling it a limited production release? The very first two sentences specifically say this isn't about limited production and neither the title nor the article's contents contains anything that is not factual. The next Bullitt IS a limited release, in both model year run and markets sold. Removing the word "limited' in the title doesn't change the fact that it is, and it won't change market forces, dealer greed, or Ford's own statements quoted in the article for everyone to see.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Calm down. Click bait? I think you need to re-visit that term and learn what that means.

Where in that article do you see anything about calling it a limited production release? The very first two sentences specifically say this isn't about limited production and neither the title nor the article's contents contains anything that is not factual. The next Bullitt IS a limited release, in both model year run and markets sold. Removing the word "limited' in the title doesn't change the fact that it is, and it won't change market forces, dealer greed, or Ford's own statements quoted in the article for everyone to see.
Fair enough, but front page worthy info?

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
That it is a two year run and will only be offered in U.S. and Cananda? Absolutely.
It's a two-year run because the Mustang is being wound down and then replaced right after that with the next generation. Same as the RS is being wound down (which prompts some to post emergency "oh no" posts even though the same thing is obvious) before the all-new Focus is announced in April and comes out in the fall (with ST and RS to follow later).

Does that make it "limited" when it has to stop anyway? Don't get taken in my "marketing" talk versus reality.

Does that mean the Bullitt has any collectable value? Who knows, although it's certainly the best effort at a Bullitt so far. The two last Bullitts have been left far behind technologically... there aren't many of those left in collectable status or desire. Life is tough.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Remember how the GT350 was going to be a "two year limited run"? We all know how that worked out.
It was only supposed to go until 2017, ford held a press release stating that they were "Extending" GT350 production to 2018, and I'd assume that's because 1. the GT500 was nowhere near ready, 2. the PP2 wasnt coming out until close to MY19, and 3. They were still selling them by the boatload

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
It was only supposed to go until 2017, ford held a press release stating that they were "Extending" GT350 production to 2018, and I'd assume that's because 1. the GT500 was nowhere near ready, 2. the PP2 wasnt coming out until close to MY19, and 3. They were still selling them by the boatload
They probably wanted to recoup more R&D money from the engine they developed to be used for just a few years.

dean_acheson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302, 2019 Bullitt
Maybe, maybe not. Depends how many Bullitts they end up building. Even if it's a 2 year run, that's still shorter than the current 3 year run of the GT350 (technically 4 if you count the few 2015s). The Bullitt could turn out to be the more rare car. Only time will tell if this additional rarity will be stronger than the desire for the 5.2 in the 350, but it's possible.
Probably, it has the name "Shelby" and "Ford Performance" attached to it. Over the years, SVT products retain their value pretty well. That's been my experience in the various SVT products that I've owned, compared to the 08 Bullitt I bought new and traded in on a new 12 Boss a few years ago.

I am seriously considering the Bullitt, but I'm going into it knowing that my current Shelby / GT-350 will hold it's value better 10 years from now. Part of me is looking for a bit less car, and the Shelby is pretty aggressive and gets lots of attention when you are out and about.

I really liked my 08 Bullitt car. If it had had a Coyote motor, I would have kept it a lot longer.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
There was never a 2017 cut off announced by Ford. There was a letter to select dealers saying if they paid a certain amount they'd get at least 1 GT350 allocation through 17. Then the Mustang forum members used that to justify the GT350 was going to follow the Boss 302 plan. Of course dealers also tried to use this to drive up demand to justify their crazy ADMs. All indications from the leaked document showed the FPC going beyond the 17MY.

Now there are strong indications the GT350 will see life again in MY19. Nothing officially confirmed by Ford yet so treat it as a rumor for now.
Sponsored

Last edited: