What shifter steeda MGW or barton

Shifter options

• Total voters

Captain Trips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I run a standard height MGW race spec. The quality and completeness of the kit was really impressive. Not many companies would include genuine Dynamat and Loctite branded products when they could save money there. The machining and fit of the shifter was superb and is clearly a well thought out and refined design. I also liked how I didn't have to transfer any parts from my old shifter to the new one. Most importantly, the shift feel is spectacular and remedied any gripes I had about my stock setup. I think the cabin noise of my car actually decreased after using all of the supplied insulating material.

Some people dislike the push-down reverse lockout mechanism. I saw it as a benefit because it let me run a GT350 shift knob without any hassle -- I just bought MGW's OEM billet knob adapter, re-threaded an OE GT350 knob, then spun it on. Super clean and factory look. (but I think this would only work with a standard height MGW shifter)

mgw.jpg

Sponsored

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
I think I have the setup you are looking for. MGW X-spec with white shifter. No difference in NVH from stock. I replaced my clutch, shifter, steeda clutch spring, trans and diff fluid (BG synchro) all at the same time. Once I got the air worked out of the system, shifts are smooth and direct. Night and day difference from stock. Terry from Team Beefcake hooked me up with great prices, service, and shipping!
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The Steeda Tri-Ax is a proven winner - taking many victories on the track. Speak to Jigar & have him give you the presidential treatment!

TJ

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
MGW or Barton hands down. I would throw either name in a hat and pick. Either of them will make you more than happy.

We'd love to help you out here at Lethal. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

OP
OP

FIREBALL_BRIAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cali Special
MGW or Barton hands down. I would throw either name in a hat and pick. Either of them will make you more than happy.

We'd love to help you out here at Lethal. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
@logan@lethel pm sent for [MENTION=10681]MGW[/MENTION] X spec standard height and gripper/stainless ball

Last edited:

Sponsored

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
MGW has the best mounting setup of the three.

Also the quality of machining and finishing used on the shifter is VERY good.....no doubt the best of them.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
257769E4-3170-4FB5-BCEA-CB1FB1BDB5D2.jpeg
I went with the MGW, I have no experience with any other so I can’t compare it to anything else. I will say there is no slop in this shifter it is dead nuts right on. knowing if you are in neutral because it’s so tight will take some adjustment and engaging reverse takes some effort but I seldom go in reverse

EDIT: I don’t feel any added vibration or hear any added noise. Just feels more solid
Sponsored