bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
At this stage of the game. I don’t really care anymore. Ford sends these cars to the magazines. So if their providing a grand tourer on all season tires. Against a track car. I’m betting the write up will go something like this. 1Le destroys the GT in almost every performance matrix. The GT will of course will be the more pleasing day to day car with better ride, visibility and trunk space.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yeah, the outcome of that video doesn't mean a damned thing to me. Really, who cares?

I like Mustangs, if the Camaro wins the performance measures (and it will), it doesn't mean a thing. The Mustang is a different type of car.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
Well to be fair, the 1LE is the only performance level upgrade from the base V8 car that actually explicitly spells that out. The GT Performance Pack is single level up from the V8 base car. They kinda do meet right face to face.

MSRC, MagneRide
Brake upgrade, Brake upgrade
Tire upgrade, Tire upgrade

I still think the 1LE will have the edge though. The Alpha is just a better chassis...sorry.
The pp2 was made to compete with the 1LE. Why not wait ??
The 1LE have a tire advantage. It make a lot of the difference.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At this stage of the game. I don’t really care anymore. Ford sends these cars to the magazines. So if their providing a grand tourer on all season tires. Against a track car. I’m betting the write up will go something like this. 1Le destroys the GT in almost every performance matrix. The GT will of course will be the more please Try day to day car with better ride, visibility and trunk space.
It's a pp1 so at least it's on summer tire but they are small compare to the 1le tires. Compare it with a pp2 and if the 1le beat it, it will be fair and I Would be ok with the results!

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The pp2 was made to compete with the 1LE. Why not wait ??
The 1LE have a tire advantage. It make a lot of difference
I'm fully aware of the tire advantage. Shame on Ford for not considering that then. And no, the PP2 was not made to compete with the 1LE, it was made to fill the gap between the GT PP and the GT350 in price and performance. Ford makes zero claims on what it's competitor is supposed to be on the other side of Detroit.

1LE, one level up from base
GT PP, one level up from base

Can't puff your chest out at one level up? You've lost. No one else's problem but the manufacturer who dun eff'ed it up or the buyer who was looking for an answer that isn't there. That goes for GM and Ford.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I dunno, I have a feeling that the GT with PP1 might still win their votes even if the Camaro wins the track time. :shrug:

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm fully aware of the tire advantage. Shame on Ford for not considering that then. And no, the PP2 was not made to compete with the 1LE, it was made to fill the gap between the GT PP and the GT350 in price and performance. Ford makes zero claims on what it's competitor is supposed to be on the other side of Detroit.

Can't puff your chest out at one level up? You've lost. No one else's problem but the manufacturer who dun eff'ed it up or the buyer who was looking for an answer that isn't there. That goes for GM and Ford.
They don't need to make a claim. They usually don't. But it's clear to the majority that the pp2 is the direct competitor to the 1le.

"Made to fill the gap beetwent the GT pp1 and the gt350" were did you find that ?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

Bullshit. Just because both are one up levels does not necessitate comparison. With that type of idiotic reasoning we should start comparing the v6 comaro to the v8 mustang, as ford doesn’t offer a v6 variant and both are one engine trim up from base.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
So..forgive me if I'm wrong..

the GTPP is the improved handling pack for the GT. The 1LE is the improved handling pack for the SS.

What you folks seem more mad about is that GM included what is essentially a GTPP into the SS as stock...

Maybe be a bit more mad at Ford for having the base GT be lacking than for the PP1 not being up to the same level as the 1LE.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

the GTPP is the improved handling pack for the GT. The 1LE is the TRACK pack for the SS.

What you folks seem more mad about is that GM included what is essentially a GTPP into the SS as stock...

Maybe be a bit more mad at Ford for having the base GT be lacking than for the PP1 not being up to the same level as the 1LE.
Fixed it for you. Just because both are performance options does not mean they offer the same intent. Hell, the SS 1LE has wider front tires than the PP1 has rear.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

the GTPP is the improved handling pack for the GT. The 1LE is the improved handling pack for the SS.

Don't care about gm offering. Just want to compare apple to apple and Ford offer it on the 2018 for the first time.
As per motortrend QUOTE "Level 2 aims to counter the dynamic capabilities of the 1LE Track Pack"

So please test the pp2 against is direct competitor the ss 1le

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Really? The non 1LE SS has magnetic ride and aggressive summer tires?

Ford has 2 levels for it's "track oriented package"...with one getting basic upgrades and the other getting the most aggressive. Chevrolet only has 1 such level and it gets the most aggressive stuff. So it would only be fair to compare the most aggressive Mustang package to the most aggressive Camaro package. That's why people are complaining.

Ford just decided to do in 3 models (GT, GTPP1 and GTPP2) what Chevrolet did in 2 models (SS and SS1LE).

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Really? The non 1LE SS has magnetic ride and 285/305 tires?

Ford has 2 levels for it's "track oriented package"...with one getting basic upgrades and the other getting the most aggressive. Chevrolet only has 1 such level and it gets the most aggressive stuff. So it would only be fair to compare the most aggressive Mustang package to the most aggressive Camaro package. That's why people are complaining.

Ford just decided to do in 3 models (GT, GTPP1 and GTPP2) what Chevrolet did in 2 models (SS and SS1LE).
Exactly this.

Ford has played it smart this way by offering a cheaper base GT than the SS and reaped the sales benefits. But apples should still be compared to apples, and its well-known that the GT PP is closest in spec and intention to the SS, the GT PP2 to the 1LE. Chevy just doesn't have an answer to the base, non-PP GT.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really? The non 1LE SS has magnetic ride and 285/305 tires?

Exact!

I m not even a road track person. In the end I don't really care I am more of a dragstrip guy but Ford have the pp2 built to compete with the 1le. We all know that the 1le is a better track car than a pp1 even with the magneride.

I am just asking like ýou for apple to apple comparison, that should not to be to hard to understand lol.
Sponsored