? for bmr or people who ordered bmr camber bolts

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
so i ordered bmr camber bolts through AM.. took them a month but thats another subject ill post about later..

does bmr outsource there camber bolts to spc.. cause thats what i was told by customer service at AM.. i know camber bolts are camber bolts but i wanted what i paid for . the head of the bolt even says spc.. now im fine with them doing that i just didnt want AM saying stuff that wasn't true just to give me a part that when i ordered was in stock then suddenly its back ordered for a damn month..

looking for @bmr to chime in
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
so i ordered bmr camber bolts through AM.. took them a month but thats another subject ill post about later..

does bmr outsource there camber bolts to spc.. cause thats what i was told by customer service at AM.. i know camber bolts are camber bolts but i wanted what i paid for . the head of the bolt even says spc.. now im fine with them doing that i just didnt want AM saying stuff that wasn't true just to give me a part that when i ordered was in stock then suddenly its back ordered for a damn month..

looking for @bmr to chime in
Did the package come with BMR Installation Instructions?

Feel free to shoot me an image of everything you received in the box. Better, yet, I am leaving the office in a few. Shoot me an email to [email protected]

Thanks!

:cheers:

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
no it didnt and the box has a bmr sticker but its covered over by the ups tag the bottom of the box says bmrsuspension
sligh ave effner florida

even sent ya the email i got from am

sent ya a email

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So, out of curiosity, what are we to deduce from the above?

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
kelly ty for taking care of this and letting me know what was going on. i feel alot better now knowing there the right part when i go to install ..
appreciate the fast response and the time you took to look into it

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
So, out of curiosity, what are we to deduce from the above?
Due to issues with the supplier we have used since releasing the FC003 bolts, we had to use a different supplier (SPC) for the current batch.

All is well.

kelly ty for taking care of this and letting me know what was going on. i feel alot better now knowing there the right part when i go to install ..
appreciate the fast response and the time you took to look into it
My pleasure sir.

Enjoy :cheers:

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I got this same kinda bolt but there is a plus to it, there is an arrow on the head of the bolt that is supposed to face opposite the tab on the adjuster, this makes it really easy to orientate on install ! Not sure if the original bmr bolts had this ? Also they come with this flat plate with 2 bumps not really sure what those are for but nobody uses them in the vids I watched so I left them off.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Noob here. So those bolts help reduce in the wear on the inside of the tire?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Noob here. So those bolts help reduce in the wear on the inside of the tire?
That would be TOE that causes that, mostly. Camber bolts are a cheap way to correct camber during alignment on a lowered, street-driven vehicle. Corrected camber can help an alignment tech achieve a proper toe alignment setting more quickly, but that shouldn't be necessary.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I got an alignment. Shouldn't they have corrected the TOE issue? My car is lowered with KW V1 coilovers. Thanks for taking the time to help.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I got an alignment. Shouldn't they have corrected the TOE issue? My car is lowered with KW V1 coilovers. Thanks for taking the time to help.
They should have, yes. Did they? Who knows. 1/16 total toe in is enough for these cars and will not cause excessive wear (doesn't on my car).

Hear this so often - "I got an alignment, still have excessive tire wear in the inside". If you have that kind of tire wear, your car is not properly aligned (or you have a bad bushing, not not likely and you'd notice that in other ways).

It's a good idea to get some kind of camber adjustment, especially lowering the car more than .5" (especially up front). Every alignment setting affects the other with alignments.

If you have coilovers, you should use camber plates at the top of the coilover (not camber bolts). Many coilovers come with them. If not, get the Steeda ones for sure. With coilovers, EVERY time you raise or lower the vehicle from the height that the car was at when it was aligned, you can significantly effect toe (and camber). You need to set the vehicle to the height you want, make sure its perfect, then go get your alignment... then don't change the height without getting the alignment checked. It's the same as changing springs when you change the ride height. (Same with airbags.)

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Does your inner thread issue on front or rear? (just to be sure)

To totally avoid the toe issue, I had mine set to zero on the front.

OP
OP
robwlf

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
I got this same kinda bolt but there is a plus to it, there is an arrow on the head of the bolt that is supposed to face opposite the tab on the adjuster, this makes it really easy to orientate on install ! Not sure if the original bmr bolts had this ? Also they come with this flat plate with 2 bumps not really sure what those are for but nobody uses them in the vids I watched so I left them off.

yeah i dont know wth there for either .. the arrows do help alot im sure .. ill be putting mine on when the weather breaks

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Does your inner thread issue on front or rear? (just to be sure)

To totally avoid the toe issue, I had mine set to zero on the front.
My tread issue is in the front. I'll call the place that did the alignment and see if they can adjust it to 0.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I have these bolts, and when the tech aligned my pony after CB006/camber bolts it was .02 toe fr/ .01 toe fl. The tech said he could probably get to 1.5 neg camber for me without cc bolts.
Sponsored